The People's Operator / TPO goes into administration

Options

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    Options
    A bit difficult to "inform us early enough" if they go bust.
  • todayisagreatday
    Options
    I've tried to transfer my mum over to Plusnet, gave them the PAC and still have a split service. Plusnet are saying they are trying to resolve it but can give no indication of how long this will take. Anyone else had the split service?

Never received any SMARTY sim either.
  • todayisagreatday
    Options
    locarno32 wrote: »
    I requested a transfer of my old number to ID Mobile on 19th February. Phoned on 22nd as it had not been done and was told it would be done by 9pm that evening. It wasn't. So phoned again on 23rd when they "escalated" it but as of today my old number has still not been transferred.

ID Mobile say that there are awaiting the release of numbers from TPO.

Phoned ID Mobile today and when I pointed out that it's now beyond 26th February so is it actually possible that the numbers would now be released by TPO, all I was getting was a parrot-fashion "we don't have any further information" from their customer service team.

Not helpful - I guess I may have to get used to my new number but fingers crossed the old one may still get back to me somehow!

My mum is in the same boat but with a split service. Its not as easy as just changing her number, all doctors, hospital etc have this number. It took over 10 years for mum to remember this phone number!
  • mrs_scrooge
    Options
    Mine has now ported so it looks like it's just taking longer than expected. As I stopped using my TPO sim on Sunday, I didn't get the text from TPO to my old number which said your service will cease tonight, gave me my PAC again and said it will work for another week. That would have saved some angst!
  • Old_Lurker
    Old_Lurker Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

After a couple of days of no service I've finally worked out why...However I've checked emails and have no letter with my PAC and definitely have received nothin in the post. Does this mean I stand no chance ot porting my number over to a new provider?
  • todayisagreatday
    Options
    Mum finally ported over. Sounds like it's gradually happening. The port took over 4 days.
  • todayisagreatday
    Options
    Old_Lurker wrote: »
    Hi,

After a couple of days of no service I've finally worked out why...However I've checked emails and have no letter with my PAC and definitely have received nothin in the post. Does this mean I stand no chance ot porting my number over to a new provider?

You could still port over BUT you'll need your PAC. My mum had a text too with her PAC. Are you sure you haven't had a text?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you sure you haven't had a text?

If the handset hasn't hasn't been switched on, it's possible the text hasn't arrived.
  • Old_Lurker
    Old_Lurker Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    If the handset hasn't hasn't been switched on, it's possible the text hasn't arrived.

Definitely not received a text, with the PAC but did receive one on 22nd February to say they will be taking the DD...I've checked my texts and spam emails etc. Seems as though I may have been completely missed from all the mailings...I've emailed the administrator but not convinced they'll do much:huh:
  • locarno32
    Options
    Just to update that I phoned ID Mobile on Saturday, they said that I definitely wouldn't lose my old number and lo and behold I've just received text confirmation that my porting request has successfully completed.

So hopefully others with the same issue will be sorted very soon too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure