Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• ywlgy
    ywlgy Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    EON NEXT's website says ex-Igloo customers will receive their refund if any in the next 2 weeks by cheque. Considering Igloo had 3 times more customers than Symbio, we might get our refund earlier than we thought. :)
  • emmajones1976
    emmajones1976 Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 November 2021 at 11:02PM
    ywlgy said:
    EON NEXT's website says ex-Igloo customers will receive their refund if any in the next 2 weeks by cheque. Considering Igloo had 3 times more customers than Symbio, we might get our refund earlier than we thought. :)
    You say that but did Igloo have a billing system only an Enigma machine could decode?

And a cheque? For crying out loud, is it 1971? Yes I can take a photo of it on my app and pay it in that way but its besides the point, its archaic. Credit it to peoples bills or at least give that option.
  • Is Symbio's site down for anyone else?
  • spot1034
    spot1034 Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 November 2021 at 7:14AM
    ywlgy said:
    It'll be down to the administrators for the individual company as to how quickly final accounts are produced. It might be that Igloo's administrators have been able to work more quickly than might be the case with Symbio, for any number of reasons including their own efficiency and the ease with which they are able to untangle the affairs of the defunct company.
  • spot1034
    spot1034 Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Symbio's systems still seem to be running at some level as yesterday I finally cancelled my direct debit, which seemed a sensible thing to do having set up a new one with Eon Next. I wasn't really expecting any response from them but I've had an email just this morning informing me that it has been cancelled. 
  • spot1034 said:
    Symbio's systems still seem to be running at some level as yesterday I finally cancelled my direct debit, which seemed a sensible thing to do having set up a new one with Eon Next. I wasn't really expecting any response from them but I've had an email just this morning informing me that it has been cancelled. 
    I also received a DD cancellation email yesterday. It's from GoCardless who managed their DDs not Symbio, so you can't conclude that Symbio's systems are still running.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    https://symbiocustomersportal.co.uk/ is working normally for me, all bills etc still visible.  You wouldn't even know they'd stopped trading.
  • I think it is the main website that is down rather than the customer portal.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think it is the main website that is down rather than the customer portal.
    Working fine for me, explaining that Jonathan Mark Amor and Nicola Kate Clark were appointed Joint Administrators on 13 October 2021 and are now working closely with E.On Next to ensure accurate final bills are produced for  customers.
    The tab even has a little smiley waving goodbye.
  • Gerry1 said:
    I think it is the main website that is down rather than the customer portal.
    Working fine for me, explaining that Jonathan Mark Amor and Nicola Kate Clark were appointed Joint Administrators on 13 October 2021 and are now working closely with E.On Next to ensure accurate final bills are produced for  customers.
    The tab even has a little smiley waving goodbye.
    Working OK for me again now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure