Symbio Energy feedback

Options

Comments

• jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Also received this. Having previously submitted a meter reading for 3 October to E.ON Next, I decided no harm could be done by submitting the same reading into the Symbio portal as requested, with meter reading date as 3 October. I have done this successfully. 
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 22 October 2021 at 10:50AM
    Options
    Had a conversation this morning with E.on Next. My options were discussed and the advisor wished me a very happy weekend. Ten minutes later the same advisor called and asked me what was the question. Oh dear is things to come. However he was a lot easier to communicate with than the advisors in Goa. 

The advisor did however confirm they were on track to transfer all records over Symbio by the 28 October.  This may be when the real fun starts!
  • tghe-retford
    Options
    My meter reading submission is partially resolved. Bills have now generated which appear as expected up to the end of September. With one exception. My electricity meter was replaced on the 9th of August. I gave a confirmed meter reading on the 8th of August. The bill for the 1st-8th August completely disregarded my reading and made up its own, estimated reading, issuing a new bill for eight days which equates to half a years worth of energy usage in that period!

As I don't recall running a broadcast transmitter from my roof to the disapproval of Ofcom or a wide scale agricultural garden in my attic for members of the community to the disapproval of Nottinghamshire Police, I've fired an email to the administrators to get this obvious error corrected. Because I refuse to pay hundreds of pounds extra for energy I have not used.
  • Reed_Richards
    Options
    Some snippets from an E.on Next email just received:
    We're making good progress in our discussions with the administrators of Symbio Energy to agree what information is transferred over to us so we can set up your E.ON Next energy account.
    We've put you on our Next Flex variable tariff, which is protected by the government's price cap
    Right now, we don’t have any of your account details in our system 

Slow progress, it seems.

Reed
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When I've been with bust companies, it's taken around a month or longer to sort it out. It's not a trivial exercise transferring thousands of accounts and probably not helped by the SYMBIO creative accounting system.

Working out the actual state of most customer's accounts rather than SYMBIO's inflated forward estimates can't be the easiest thing to to when you are trying to integrate their system into E.on's.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Reed_Richards
    Options
    I was with Symbio for 353 days, all of which were on the same rate.  Take away the start reading I supplied to Symbio (which was fixed by due process) from the final reading I supplied to E.on Next (and also recorded on my Symbio account) and you know how much electricity I used.  Look at the tariff I was on and you can calculate how much that should have cost me (including the standing charge).  Add up my payments to Symbio to get the total.  Subtract the former from the latter and you have my credit balance.

This is not rocket science - once E.on Next actually have the information.  And Symbio's forward estimates do not enter into the calculation.  
    Reed
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The advisor did however confirm they were on track to transfer all records over Symbio by the 28 October.
    Not a chance in hell of that happening now, sadly.  Yesterday afternoons e-mail from E.ON Next (dated 26/10/2021 16:05) to me said 
    We're aiming to start setting up accounts over the next week or so and we'll be in touch with your new account details then. 

So that'll be some time in early-mid-November - probably.  Perhaps a few might get contacted sooner?

• spot1034
    spot1034 Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What's the rush? I don't suppose many people are urgently wanting to move on at the moment. 

• Redbullmaster
    Options
    The rush is we don't know what they are going to charge in KWH, only that's it's in line with the price cap. 
    The longer we wait the less likely we can switch to a better deal, because those company's will probably also put up their energy fixed prices.

• rp1974
    rp1974 Posts: 731 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The rush is we don't know what they are going to charge in KWH, only that's it's in line with the price cap. 

This has been posted for a while now,perhaps you've missed it.
    https://assets.ctfassets.net/gmgnreshss7h/6WrFfQKiuMYJ0YGRCpml5j/9e500c91845c5e72e94219d6bed47141/Next_Flex_Credit.pdf.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback