Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 7:00PM in Energy
4K replies 231.3K views

Replies

• spot1034spot1034 Forumite
    406 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Interesting.  I just checked my Symbio account.  I cancelled my direct debit so obviously nothing received this month.  However, I have seen that the payment dates for previous months were...
    September: Bank says 10th, Symbio says 13th
    August: Bank says 6th, Symbio says 9th
    July: Bank says 12th, Symbio says 13th
    So a few days' delay is normal, it's too soon to yet conclude that the money ended up on the former director's paradise island, especially as it's currently only one working day after I got the email stating that the DD had failed (Friday).
    Well we've all got our bank statements so I'm sure we'll produce them if necessary, but hopefully this is just a delay that is something to do with the interruption to their normal working practices. Actually, more than an interruption but I'm trying to be tactful!
  • Inigo_MontoyaInigo_Montoya Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    spot1034 said:
    Interesting.  I just checked my Symbio account.  I cancelled my direct debit so obviously nothing received this month.  However, I have seen that the payment dates for previous months were...
    September: Bank says 10th, Symbio says 13th
    August: Bank says 6th, Symbio says 9th
    July: Bank says 12th, Symbio says 13th
    So a few days' delay is normal, it's too soon to yet conclude that the money ended up on the former director's paradise island, especially as it's currently only one working day after I got the email stating that the DD had failed (Friday).
    Well we've all got our bank statements so I'm sure we'll produce them if necessary, but hopefully this is just a delay that is something to do with the interruption to their normal working practices. Actually, more than an interruption but I'm trying to be tactful!
    I guess if everybody/most people has been laid off then the payments might not appear if some sort of manual process is involved in the crediting of DDs to Symbio accounts ?

Luckily I switched away from Symbio before they could generated an October bill & the associated DD
  • fuselafusela Forumite
    15 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    spot1034 said:
    fusela said:
    I've just got an email from Symbio to say my direct debit payment has failed.  They were still attempting to take the payment for estimated use until the end of October, very glad I've cancelled the direct debit from my bank.
    Why is their billing system still running?  They must have taken lots of £1000s today from all the customers who didn't cancel.  Is this money protected or not, they're not our supplier any more as Eon took over on Sunday 3rd October.  I suppose at worst others can recover this money via their bank's direct debit guarantee.
    I can imagine someone laughing like a bond villain somewhere at the amount of money they've just taken from people.
    I'm one of those people who didn't cancel the direct debit, the payment hasn't been posted to the account according to the customer portal. The payment put me into credit, but the portal shows I owe Symbio cash. Hope the payment appears in the customer portal otherwise this will make things harder for Eon to sort out!
    Direct debits can often take a few days to show up on accounts, presumably because there has to be a confirmation sent through the system that the payment has been taken successfully. 
    My direct debit was taken on the second of the month and still hasn't been posted to the account. I'm annoyed I didn't cancel the DD
  • spot1034spot1034 Forumite
    406 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    fusela said:
    spot1034 said:
    fusela said:
    I've just got an email from Symbio to say my direct debit payment has failed.  They were still attempting to take the payment for estimated use until the end of October, very glad I've cancelled the direct debit from my bank.
    Why is their billing system still running?  They must have taken lots of £1000s today from all the customers who didn't cancel.  Is this money protected or not, they're not our supplier any more as Eon took over on Sunday 3rd October.  I suppose at worst others can recover this money via their bank's direct debit guarantee.
    I can imagine someone laughing like a bond villain somewhere at the amount of money they've just taken from people.
    I'm one of those people who didn't cancel the direct debit, the payment hasn't been posted to the account according to the customer portal. The payment put me into credit, but the portal shows I owe Symbio cash. Hope the payment appears in the customer portal otherwise this will make things harder for Eon to sort out!
    Direct debits can often take a few days to show up on accounts, presumably because there has to be a confirmation sent through the system that the payment has been taken successfully. 
    My direct debit was taken on the second of the month and still hasn't been posted to the account. I'm annoyed I didn't cancel the DD
    My posts subsequent to the one you quoted above show that I also now find myself in this position - my DD from Oct 1st still does not show on my account.

The good news is that there are clearly a lot of us in this position, so the administrators will have to look into it if there isn't a good reason why this has happened. As I said, we all have our bank statements which I'm sure we'll be happy to produce en masse if it proves necessary to do so.

• wittynamegoesherewittynamegoeshere Forumite
    475 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    It sounds like everyone's October payment has ended up on the former director's paradise island.
    I'll thank my rebellious nature for the fact that I cancelled my direct debit as my account was already massively in credit.  But everyone who didn't cancel was following Ofgem's advice and shouldn't lose their money.  But you definitely need to keep track of it, there's always a chance that this payment may have fallen down a crack and vanished in the changeover process between the two companies.
    It may need someone to manually add it to the amount of money they owe you.
  • 1jim1jim Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone needs to worry

If it's not showing in symbio's system then it's hardly surprising as they have ceased trading and we can't yet access the new suppliers system

Everything will be fine

It's not the first time that an energy company has gone bust so there will be tried and tested mechanisms in place for this.... Failing that we all have the direct debit guarantee to fall back on
  • SwipeSwipe Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably now in Bitcoin
  • yippeekiayyippeekiay Forumite
    6 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Received a letter just after 7pm tonight via Symbio Energy CS email address on behalf of Azets, I removed the links as this forum wouldn't let me post them yet. But it still wouldn't let me post a copy of the email either with the lins removed.

Oh well :(

• yippeekiayyippeekiay Forumite
    6 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Dear Customer,

On 3 October 2021, OFGEM transferred the customers of Symbio Energy Limited (“the Company”) to E.ON Next under the Supplier of Last Resort (“SoLR”) process. It is important to stress that your energy supply has remained secure throughout thisprocess. E.ON Next have been your supplier since 3 October 2021 with the Company ceasing to trade on this date.

Following successful completion of the SoLR process, on 13 October 2021, Jonathan Mark Amor and Nicola Kate Clark of Azets Holdings Limited were appointed as Joint Administrators to the Company.

Contact Information for Your New Supplier

As you have now transferred to your new supplier E.ON Next, please see below for a link to their website for any queries you may have.
    • Website - Can't post links yet but was to Eon Next - Symbio-Energy

E.ON Next is not required to take on any unresolved complaints relating to Symbio Energy Limited. However, if you believe your complaint is still ongoing, once E.ON Next contacts you, please discuss with them how the issue can be resolved. If your complaint was open with the Ombudsman, they will be in contact with you in due course to discuss next steps.

In order to ensure you receive an accurate final bill please provide meter readings through the online customer portal in the normal way.

If you have meter readings for the transfer date, being 3 October, please submit these otherwise please can you send the next available meter reading and the date it was taken. This may be today. This will be important to ensure an accurate bill is provided and a smooth transfer to E.ON Next.

It is important to note that your energy supply will not be interrupted.

If you owe for energy supplied by the Company, you should wait to hear from E.ON Next or the Company’s Joint Administrators who will talk to you about repayment arrangements.

Further information and support can also be found on the Ofgem website and via its Twitter feed at ofgem. We attach a link to the Ofgem statement (This was a link to Ofgem regarding Symbio) that has been issued with regards to the current situation and your new supplier.

Lastly, here is a set of frequently asked questions (This was a link to FAQ's at Azets) to provide further guidance.

Jonathan Amor
      Partner
      Restructuring and Insolvency

“Jonathan Mark Amor and Nicola Kate Clark were appointed Joint Administrators of Symbio Energy Limited (“the Company”) on 13 October 2021. Please note the Company’s affairs, business and property are being managed by the Joint Administrators who act as agents of the Company and without personal liability.”