Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 8:00PM in Energy
1.8K replies 103.3K views

Replies

• HonestJohnHonestJohn Forumite
    280 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Just got my renewal invite email. They say they are the cheapest but Neon Reef beat them by about £30 on a variable tariff  with no exit charge.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
  • TalldaveTalldave Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Just got my renewal invite email. They say they are the cheapest but Neon Reef beat them by about £30 on a variable tariff  with no exit charge.
    Have you checked Low, Fair and Green 2020 Variable v16? It looks as if it would be cheaper than Neon Reef for me.
    280 posts
    ✭✭
    Talldave said:
    Have you checked Low, Fair and Green 2020 Variable v16? It looks as if it would be cheaper than Neon Reef for me.
    That is still more expensive than Neon Reef for me. They have a high standing charge of 24p per day which makes a difference as my usage is lower than average.
  • TalldaveTalldave Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Talldave said:
    That is still more expensive than Neon Reef for me. They have a high standing charge of 24p per day which makes a difference as my usage is lower than average.
    Interesting, I'm on 4800kWh which is probably above average,  although it should drop a few hundred more after a few more months on LED lighting. Symbio will of course struggle to comprehend that my EAC is no longer 5000kWh despite having a year's worth of meter readings to prove it.
    And the bonus from year 1 was that 154kWh of those 4800kWh were free - thanks Symbio!
    280 posts
    ✭✭
    Talldave said:
    Talldave said:
    Interesting, I'm on 4800kWh which is probably above average,  although it should drop a few hundred more after a few more months on LED lighting. Symbio will of course struggle to comprehend that my EAC is no longer 5000kWh despite having a year's worth of meter readings to prove it.
    And the bonus from year 1 was that 154kWh of those 4800kWh were free - thanks Symbio!
    That's a lot of juice. I use 1800kwh per year. The difference in the standing charge equates to 1kwh per day. That's a lot when you only use 5 a day.
  • rp1974rp1974 Forumite
    30 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi,just got a renewal quote from Symbio,checking through my bills since September 2019 till now.Slightly concerned that not one of them has an A for an accurate reading.I submit readings on the last day of the month only ever have a bill with a C-customer read or an E-estimated read.Is this normal or can I find someway to get an accurate read on the bill?.New to this,apologies in advance if being a bit thick.Longtime lurker and such great advice here.
  • TafrockTafrock Forumite
    631 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    @zantos good luck with getting your compensation. I gave up. Symbio gave me my bill on time after i pestered them. They refunded my credit 10 days later than they should have. I put in a claim with them for the £30 compensation. I also put on a further claim for the £30 not being received on time ie 60 pounds in total. Never got anywhere. They eventually recognised the compensation was due but literally begged me to withdraw the claim. I reluctantly settled for a 30 pounds payment but never received it. I am now very happy with green. Energy and gave up pursuing my compensation. I'm suprised symbio are still going to be honest 
  • zantoszantos Forumite
    65 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    @Tafrock - we'll see! I don't play nice; first thing claim via "Resolver" - got the "final" bill BUT everything on it says "estimated". Worked out about right but then they wanted to charge me £25 for early termination so wrote to ombudsman as well. Result phone call from Symbio offering to drop  the £25 early termination and call things quits, I held out for a refund of £4 being the difference between their £25 and my £30. After "consultung a manager" this was agreed.
    I am waiting for the refund BEFORE advising all other concerned parties that we have reached an agreement - not that I don't trust Symbio of course!
  • edited 17 July at 7:52AM
    MWTMWT Forumite
    972 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 17 July at 7:52AM
    rp1974 said:
    Hi,just got a renewal quote from Symbio,checking through my bills since September 2019 till now.Slightly concerned that not one of them has an A for an accurate reading.I submit readings on the last day of the month only ever have a bill with a C-customer read or an E-estimated read.Is this normal or can I find someway to get an accurate read on the bill?.New to this,apologies in advance if being a bit thick.Longtime lurker and such great advice here.
    A usual means 'Actual' and you will only get that if a meter reader has physically been round to read the meter.
    As long as you submit the meter readings and see the 'C' and your reading on the bill all is good.
    It is only when you don't submit a reading and you get the 'E' for estimated that things can start to go wrong, so make sure you do get those meter readings in on time and check that your monthly payments are keeping pace with your energy costs and that you are not building up an unpaid balance.

• rp1974rp1974 Forumite
    30 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    MWT said:
    rp1974 said:
    A usual means 'Actual' and you will only get that if a meter reader has physically been round to read the meter.
    As long as you submit the meter readings and see the 'C' and your reading on the bill all is good.
    It is only when you don't submit a reading and you get the 'E' for estimated that things can start to go wrong, so make sure you do get those meter readings in on time and check that your monthly payments are keeping pace with your energy costs and that you are not building up an unpaid balance.

Thanks,appreciate the advice.Considering leaving Symbio rather than renewal in September.Renewal has a standing change of 24.94p per day currently pay 14.25p,not likely to renew.I do find Symbios billing systems somewhat amusing in a weird way.