1.8K replies 103.4K views

Replies

• edited 7 July at 6:32PM
    keirankeiran Forumite
    558 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 7 July at 6:32PM
    Thinking of switching to Symbio - but this thread suggests not to!

I'm not bothered by unwarranted higher estimates, etc as the correct calculations and payments will presumably happen eventually....?

Also odd that they don't claim the direct debits directly, as this would trigger the 2% cashback in a Santander 123lite account.
    I checked the tool on the Santander website, which DOES have on it Symbio's payment processor , FastPay Ltd, but only for some ?broadband services - namely  Corgi Telecom Ltd, Saver Telecoms Ltd, Voicedataworks Ltd,  Wight Wireless   Money Saver Telecom,     Kingfisher Telecom and  Wizards Ltd.
    I'd have thought some discussion between Symbio, Fastpay and Santander could resolve this? 
  • TalldaveTalldave Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Try asking Symbio, you'll probably get a surreal response that definitely won't answer your question but if you can handle that and want cheap electricity,  switch away.
  • SwipeSwipe Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    keiran said:
    Thinking of switching to Symbio - but this thread suggests not to

Not sure how much longer they'll be around so switch at your own peril

• niktheguruniktheguru Forumite
    158 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    keiran said:
    Thinking of switching to Symbio - but this thread suggests not to!

I'm not bothered by unwarranted higher estimates, etc as the correct calculations and payments will presumably happen eventually....?

Also odd that they don't claim the direct debits directly, as this would trigger the 2% cashback in a Santander 123lite account.
    I checked the tool on the Santander website, which DOES have on it Symbio's payment processor , FastPay Ltd, but only for some ?broadband services - namely  Corgi Telecom Ltd, Saver Telecoms Ltd, Voicedataworks Ltd,  Wight Wireless   Money Saver Telecom,     Kingfisher Telecom and  Wizards Ltd.
    I'd have thought some discussion between Symbio, Fastpay and Santander could resolve this? 
    I did put in a request through santander to approve them for cashback and they denied it "after consideration" due to the third party collecting the direct debits for them.
  • QyburnQyburn Forumite
    9 posts
    First Post
    All my Symbio DD correspondence says the payments are handled by "Go Cardless".  Sender email address of [email protected]
  • carpycarpy Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Qyburn said:
    All my Symbio DD correspondence says the payments are handled by "Go Cardless".  Sender email address of [email protected]
    yes which is why i have today signed up to switch to Outfox the Market!
    £2 annual saving lol but more so i will get Santander cashback on the direct debits!!
  • QyburnQyburn Forumite
    9 posts
    First Post
    carpy said:
    £2 annual saving lol but more so i will get Santander cashback on the direct debits!!
    Are they still in business?  Their web site seems completely disfunctional (www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk).  Do you have to deal with them via Facebook or something?
  • carpycarpy Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Qyburn said:
    carpy said:
    Are they still in business?  Their web site seems completely disfunctional (www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk).  Do you have to deal with them via Facebook or something?
    their website works perfectly fine!!

• zantoszantos Forumite
    65 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Well after EIGHT weeks Symbio have finally sent me an email that my "final bill" is being processed by their accounts department, should make for interesting reading! Transfered to Yorkshire Energy who instantly increased my monthly payments - seems they get figures from your previous supplier to check against those you give, hate to think what they were given to increase my usage by 50% after a summer month when I have solar power anyway! Given up with all the "cheap" suppliers as looking at costs over a year it is necessary to factor in the "additional month" that they all charge in advance to get a true estimate of annual costs. I don't know how these firms will manage with the increased adoption of smart meters which should cut their revenue source considerably and so (having a smart meter anyway) I have decide to sign up with EDF for accurate billing that will be spread out evenly over a year, on a fixed tarrif, without me having to take meter readings and photographs to prove my usage.
  • zantoszantos Forumite
    65 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Now the fun starts - final bill shows a £25+VAT early termination fee BUT DOESN'T show the £30 Ofgem late payment compensation for being EIGHT weeks late in delivering the final bill. This would mean they OWE ME about £4 as final bill is £25-71.
    Time to get nasty and see how that manages!