Forum Home » Energy

Symbio Energy feedback - Page 11

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 8:00PM in Energy
1.6K replies 94.3K views

Replies

• TafrockTafrock Forumite
    629 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    So how did everyone's transfer to symbio go

Mine went through OK. Eventually allowed into portal around noon yesterday (switchover date)

I registered my email and password, entered initial read and that's it all done.

I typed in the reading rather then mess around with the photo option. The portal is a bit quirky and doesn't really work well on my smartphone but it's sufficient. Let's face it I've been using the rolls Royce of portals and apps with my previous supplier Powershop so it was always going to be a backward step with the customer interface

My supplier is now listed as Symbio energy llp on western powers website. Feedback would be appreciated from recent switchers.
  • DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't upload my reading with the photo even after converting it to a JPEG.

Emailed it to them instead.

Forgot all about logging into the Customer Portal until I saw your post, so registered and resubmitted the reading and photo no problem.

Transfer over was 22nd, so far - no problems.

Waiting for 1st DD to be taken in a few weeks. DD mandate appeared in my list of DDs on my bank account a few days ago but isn't due just yet.

Will keep this thread updated due to very little feedback for them being available.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still awaiting an update on whether the powers that be will allow me to switch tariffs.
    629 posts
    ✭✭
    I guess you just emailed them did you. They never told me I couldn't either but I suspected it was because I was literally hours away from switch completion.

I got an email next morning saying my switch had completed.

Maybe in your case a phone call would be better
    629 posts
    ✭✭
    When does your switch complete mable
  • fewkestefewkeste Forumite
    467 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Tafrock wrote: »
    My supplier is now listed as Symbio energy llp on western powers website.....

Can you expand on this statement please?
    629 posts
    ✭✭
    To find out your electricity supplier you go onto your local distribution company's website (in my case western power) and click Check my supplier. I use this to see my transfer has gone through
    629 posts
    ✭✭
    Here's the link for Western power. You can often see your transfer has gone through before you are notified by your supplier using this method. All distribution companies have a similar link to enable you to find out your supplier https://supplier.westernpower.co.uk
  • fewkestefewkeste Forumite
    467 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Tafrock wrote: »
    To find out your electricity supplier you go onto your local distribution company's website (in my case western power) and click Check my supplier. I use this to see my transfer has gone through

@Tafrock Thanks for posting about that - I was unaware of that capability. I've just been to the website, put my details in and got confirmation my supplier is Yorkshire Energy.

I wonder how many people are aware of this useful feature?
    629 posts
    ✭✭
    It's there so that if you move into a new property you can find out who your supplier is. Sometimes previous occupants don't pass on that information. I find it very useful when I'm switching