PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th January 2019

Options

Comments

• kjgkgj
    kjgkgj Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Wow Picklepot, that’s a great achievement, I don’t think I could ever get that much done in one go. Too much CBA at the moment but think it’s just tiredness due to the 7 month old!

I emptied the recycling and got towels on, unloaded DW, then because I had Morri online shop coming I though I would have a thorough clear out and wipe of fridge. All old things chucked and it looks much better, so although I got distracted, I was still productive!

Keep warm and safe everyone
    Mortgage overpayments 2014 £175 :)
    GC Dec £169.00/£220.00
    GC Jan £169.31/£220.00
    GC Feb £259.23/£220.00
    GC Mar £219.02/£220.00
  • kjgkgj
    kjgkgj Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Picklepot wrote: »
    Hi kjgkgj

Good luck on the phone!
    Ill join on a HHC :)

Still not sorted, no one could get the right number to put me through to, so they are getting our case manager to call tomorrow. I’m tearing my hair out, been trying to sort this since about July 😩
    Mortgage overpayments 2014 £175 :)
    GC Dec £169.00/£220.00
    GC Jan £169.31/£220.00
    GC Feb £259.23/£220.00
    GC Mar £219.02/£220.00
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fridays tasks..

OH .. skirting, window trim, install new dishwasher and he has dentist at 9:10am.. he needs to go to b&q for my paint.

I get to.. paint said wood bits, more washing/drying/folding, 3pm school run, nail appointment at 9:30 and no doubt those 1000 other jiggly bits I find to occupy myself! .. oh, must ring cms as well.. I think they are taking the p now they’ve been sorting the claim since October.. I might put in a complaint actuallly, that usually chivvies sloths along!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm in this morning.

Not working at all so hope to make a bit of progress.

Despite having made no progress for 2 weeks , I am pleased with myself as I have managed to keep on top of everything that has been sorted. Kitchen has been tidied every eving and DW put on (OH empties it inthe morning), dirty clothes have been picked up off floor, put in laundry basket and bed made every morning. Lounge has remained tidy, the washing basket is not overflowing and there is no pile of ironing.

1.4 kgs lost since 01 January

Better get a move on and clean out pellet stove as I want to put it back on as it's freezing here, but at least it's not snowing and hopefully the snow from the last few days will have a chance to melt this weekend.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all,

It's thick frost here this morning. Last night I treated myself to a deep bath, shaved legs and moisturised etc,such a small thing but made me feel good.

WM is on, DW unloaded, I have a few things to do today and want to take the dog for a long walk, she always makes me happy running along with her ears flapping.

More tea needed, have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, still snowing here. Looks very pretty but I'm terrified of falling down. Luckily, being retired, I can just look at it through the window, until it stops and I have to clear the path. I brought the spade and outside brush in yesterday so I don't have to get the shed door open first!

Planning to change and remake a bed today and wash some of it. DH is still asleep at the moment so I'm stuck for now. I'll probably clean the bedrooms too, that will warm me up :)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Snow here about 6 to 10cms!

Car cleared of snow

House guest has a dr's app, so I have to drive him, then late on to Brighton............will check before we set off.

Kitchen is done
    Kids of neighbours are out side having a snow ball fight, it seems all the schools are closed in the area.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Snow, snow and more snow. Neither DH or I can get out to work as we seem to lost our cars under white stuff. And it’s still coming down. The schools are closed and luckily they made the decision late last evening. Luckily that is, as it means DD is obviously still in her bed without interruption!
    I’m contemplating getting dressed, having had 2 cups of tea and generally just stared out of the window hoping this weather disruption will just disappear.

ETA - belated happy birthday to Mr Ionafan!
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Pellet stove cleaned, reloaded and back on.
    Living room hoovered and tidied round
    WM is on
    Dry laundry ironed, folded and put away
    Frog I was ignoring done (ok started but now need reply back)
    Finances updated
    Timesheets sent of for January

Now going to have more coffee and look at some meal ideas for the weekend as DD2 is home, I made a cake a few weeks ago using tinned chestnuts which she liked so might try and find the recipe again. Chestnuts are usually on offer this time of year. Also fancying a veggie curry.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    School uniform washed and hanging up to dry. A couple of bits of ironing done just so that I can say that the ironing pile is gone. I’ve just done a MAD - dusted then cleaned the Venetian blinds in the kitchen and en-suite. A double win as it also used up some blind cleaner that was older than the hills and hidden at the back of the under sink cupboard. The bottle is now in the recycling bin.

A quick coffee :coffee:if anyone fancies one, then I will clean the LR.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure