PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th January 2019

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

DH says thank you for birthday wishes.

My ribs are still painful so I'm going to see the GP this afternoon. She probably can't offer anything much better than parrots, but since I am the sole driver atm it's better to get checked out sooner rather than later. My mood and my pain threshold this morning are not helped by the fact that DH woke me up at 5.00 by playing games on his iPad :mad:

I have managed to dust vaguely through downstairs this morning, and DH will now run the hoover and steam mop over the floors. The upstairs floors badly need hoovering too, especially the study where Rosie hangs out most of the time while I'm working in here.

Sleet has just begun - an hour ago the forecast was showing us as missing all the worst of the weather. It's going white very quickly out there :( And it's stopped again!!!

One positive - tea is in the SC :D
  • Picklepot
    Options
    Morning all

kjgkgj - honestly when i had a 7month old i got nothing done, in the rare moments he wasnt unsettled and crying i would creep around the house overwhelmed what to do that wouldnt wake him up and where to start!
    In truth i did get a lot done yesterday when you called the HHC ..but i had actually done nothing all day to that point:eek:

As always best wishes to all
    I will return to lurking :)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Currently sitting watching Pickle play whilst I indulge my self on the kindle.

I have taken Pickle to the drs this morning (poo sample also sorted! Grim!!!!)
    And I've taken one load of stuff to the tip.

I'm going to finish the chapter I'm reading then set the timer for a HHC, will report back when I'm done.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Ok, back.

In my hhc:

Rubbish and 2x recycling out
    Dw emptied, refilled & put on
    Clean pots put away
    Kitchen s&s
    Cleaned washing machine (stuff currently swilling round)
    Cleared Pickle's art work off fridge
    Bagged up some cs stuff to leave the house
    Put more stuff on the stairs to go upstairs (job for later)
    Sorted the socks on Pickle's feet (they're all twisty mummy)
    Comforted a hurt Pickle who attempted to scoot over a duplo brick.
    Cleared the dining room table.
    Removed knitting bags from behind sofa (ready for woodworm day)
    Contacted woodworm surveyor for arrival time on Monday.

That's it I think.

Will take things upstairs as the next job, will hunt around for some washing, see if there's enough for a load.

It's very cold (but no snow here) so I might brave the shopping centre later - card needed for a friend, coffee pods need to go for recycling, charity shop run.
    Hubby has asked for a 'knock box' for his coffee grinds, so I may indulge him.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why do admin tasks take so long? My 'flagged' emails for action is huge and so far I've just done immediate action on incoming emails, be that social, work or life related.
    - booked car service (after having to re-set passwords etc which is always time consuming)
    - checked bank account
    - invoiced uni for January's work
    - invoiced a private student
    - filled bird feeders

It's been a busy week so, as is often the case, I'm a bit behind with report writing: 4 on the go at various stages.
    We have a friend to stay, so he and Mr N have gone out to breakfast with biker friends (not on bikes as we've had a bit of snow overnight, although the friend drove up from Somerset yesterday). I thought that would give me loads of time to finish at least one report, do the admin and start peeling veg for this evening's dinner - biker friends coming round! So to have done what seems like a pathetic bit of admin is....discouraging.

Oh well it must be time for a coffee then I'll really leap into action. Veg peeling while kettle boiling.

Hugs to all who need them especially anxiety sufferers and Ionafan. Also big shovels to those of you struggling with weather. We've got tickets for a dance show in London tomorrow but thankfully we picked the matinee in case it turned out cold, so pleased about that.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Still snowing here so the garden path isn't cleared yet. I have however dusted, polished and vacuumed upstairs and down and remade the bed. One load of washing draped round the radiators. If that dries (which it might because the heating is back on) I might do another load this afternoon.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    8 inches of the wretched stuff and still falling. Still I have ticked something off my paperwork list which is a good step forward. Added 3 more things to the list , so I’m not sure if that’s progress or not.
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's finally stopped here but not long ago.

I’ve cleared the path now and swept and salted it so it’s a safe route to the bins. I also cleared a path to the bird bath and emptied it of snow and put in fresh water. We don’t get many birds in there but a blackbird was in there yesterday so I like to give them the chance.

Sounds like it will freeze tonight but hopefully that bit will stay clear now.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Brighton and back done ,2.5 hours each way.

Once on the main roads they are clear, it is snowing in places but not currently settling, a lot of snow at home has thawed.

HM chicken curry cooking
    Cat feed again
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    WM x 3, TD the big stuff after pegging out the smaller stuff, DW x 1, and some things washed up and left it to drain. Bird feeders refilled, OH shuttled to the station, one passage vacuummed, superking changed.

Narco, I don't know why admin takes so long. Theoretically I could have cleared the last of my files this week but as always, I haven't. I am getting through it though very, very slowly. The stack was five inches high about four months ago; it's now less than half an inch.

Lovely, lovely thing happened today. About 20 years ago OH brought a heatproof spatula in a kitchen shop in Las Vagas, (I know, but he got taken there at no cost to himself, and he quite rightly thought the spatula was A Good Thing), around about the time silicon utensils hit the market. It is the single most useful bit of kitchen kit I've ever had. Last summer I forgot to flour a baking tin for a cob loaf, and while trying to lever it out the favourite kitchen thing snapped. It was one of my files in my In Tray that needed sorting out, in other words. It's taken me months to get round to photographing it and asking the Norweigan company that made it if they still have any because I can't find it on their website; it didn't matter what it cost. Result! They've stopped making them but have a few left, so they're sending me them - free! How cool is that? I've told them if they nominate a charity I'll make a donation.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport