PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• fit_and_freaky
    Options
    Evening.

I weigh myself every morning (I know you’re not supposed to but it helps me keep on track) and I have lost. But will wait until official Friday weigh-in to confirm.
    B- satsuma, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and fat free Greek yogurt
    Cheeky snack - my admin assistant brought in a bag of leftover Christmas chocolate so I had a fun size crunchie
    L- chicken in low fat mayo, 2 hard boiled eggs, salad
    Currently not feeling hungry 😊 but if I do I will have berries and yogurt.

I am trying to break 3 habits.
    1) eating because it’s a mealtime.
    2) eating leftovers because I don’t like waste
    3) eating because it’s there.

So far so good. Also practicing positive affirmation and visualisation. I have some clothes which my friend gave me which are a size smaller than I currently fit. One stone and I’m in them. 2 stone and I’m in my own old clothes. 2.5 ish stone and I’ll be wearing my nice clothes again.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening :)

I had my weekly weight in tonight with my sister, we are trying to do this together, please log a 1lb lost for me Cranky :j

Zafiro when I want a dessert I use meringue nests filled with fat free Greek yogurt (I sometimes add a teaspoon of lemon curd to the yogurt) and what every fruit I have in with it. If I can pick them up YS I buy figs or peaches I roast them with a little honey and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt. You can sprinkle a small amaretti biscuit over the peach :)

B - porridge made with half milk half water, banana and blueberries
    L - HM minestrone soup
    D - vegetable stir fry with crispy tofu
    Snacks - unfortunately there was a birthday in the office so there was cake :cool:

I missed my walk lunchtime but ensured I parked further away from the dentist than the usual car park so I managed 10000 steps today.

I measured myself at the start as well as weighting myself and found when I got a little down at a lack of weight lost seeing the lost inches made me feel better and kept me on track.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    B: cereal
    L: roast vegetable couscous
    S: Cornish pasty
    Snack : hula hoops and 1 digestive biscuit

Not great today and tomorrow will be bad because it’s DD birthday which involves a meal out and a cake :eek:

I got no exercise today other than walking around Mr T. As I was leaving (fat, no makeup and greasy hair) I walked passed a woman who I recognised had been at my school when I was a kid. She gave a half smile like she wasn’t sure it was me and I scurried off quickly. So much for my “Don’t bother looking nice, you’re only going to Tesco” attitude *cringe* :(
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Oooooo one jaffa cake and I wouldn't stop ....I'd eat the whole packet dunked in a cup of tea!! I do think a treat is a great idea, I try to leave enough calories for a biscuit about 8pm ish but I am also thinking maybe I could treat myself to something nice like a new sewing pattern or fabric/wool if..no when..I lose the weight I said I would, maybe that would help with incentive? I am going to weigh on Fridays I think, well post the weight as I also weigh every morning which helps me stay focused.
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • GreenEcoGirl
    Options
    Hello all!
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I'd love to join. I weighed myself this morning and to get to my goal of 11s, I have 17 lbs to lose.
    In a nutshell, four and a half years ago I was the fittest, lightest and healthiest I'd ever been, having lost almost three stone and having walked between 3-7 miles every day of the six week summer holidays (I'm a teacher). Then I met my partner and it all went pear-shaped. 😂 I slowly put on two stone, not helped by back surgery, a broken foot and a baby!
    My beautiful little boy is 8 months tomorrow, and although I breastfeed, I've not lost any weight, so need to get more proactive.
    I'm looking to lose weight sensibly, via healthy eating and less snacking, which is not easy when you're feeding a baby!!
    My oh cooks rich food when he's home at the weekends (he's in the forces), so I'll focus my efforts on Mon to Fri.
    Hopefully, this group will help me stay on track.
    😊
    Trying to regain my pre-baby, pre-back surgery figure!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,768 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

ktj and GreenEcoGirl, I've added you both to the list and welcome. GreenEcoGirl congratulations on your baby - mine is 14 years old and I'm still working on weight loss :D Do you want to set a target for this challenge or do you just want to see how it goes?

doingitmyway I can't have just one jaffa cake either so I don't buy those. The HT doesn't like them so there's nobody to even share them with.....

zafiro I tend not to bother with desserts. If I make anything family sized I end up eating it every night for a week. Try looking on the PinchofNom website though. They have things like low calorie brownies so there must be other low calorie cakes and desserts.

fitandfreaky I also weight every morning. I like to know what I'm working with....

dandy-candy try not to think of it as a bad day, try to think of it as a not quite so healthy day otherwise it's a quick trip from there to "I'm hopeless at this". Each week is 21 meals. If you eat 3 not so healthy meals you still have the chance to make the other 18 as healthy as possible to achieve your goals.

brambling well done! Two blocks of butter gone :) I must measure myself. I keep meaning to do it but forgetting.

I'm having a cleaning and then knitting day today. I feel like I'm entitled to a few hours sitting down in peace after yesterday's driving on the frozen hail. Easy tea too - fish with chips and beans for the HT, and home made jacket wedges and mushy peas for me. The HT will eat most veg if I hide it (he's ok with taste but a bit odd about food textures) but he will eat visible beans and visible carrots. It's a wonder he's not orange!

Take care all of you :)
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,768 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE Old Style Weight Loss First Quarter 2019

Imperial (ibs)

big5 ....................0/14
    Brambling.............1/10 :)
    Cranky..................1/11 :)
    dandy-candy..........0/14
    Doing it my way.....0/10
    dumpling...............0/14
    fit and freaky..........0/16
    Ginmonster............0/0
    GreenEcoGirl..........0/0
    monks...................0/10
    MrsLottie................0/10
    Munchin.................0/14
    Plain Jane...............0/7
    Rose Wood.............0/7
    savesummore.........0/10
    SIRENS..................1/14 :)
    zafiro1984..............0/14

Metric (kg)

ktj...............0/10

Group weight loss week 1 ........... 3 lbs
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aww thanks Cranky, you put that really nicely and u are quite right looking at it from 21 meals point of view :)
  • MrsLottie
    Options
    I like the twenty one meals a week too ! Really trying hard this week so hope I have lost that 1lb by tomorrow .Thanks Cranky for your words of encouragement and advice .
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    What a lovely place!
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure