PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Good idea Zafiro to come on here when you feel tempted to eat .Think I will adopt that too. been too busy to eat this morning shopping and dog walking but just had some lovely veg soup and ryvita with cheese spread and tomato. Daughter and family coming for tea so have bought a few treats for afters - will need to be very careful around them ,perhaps damage limitations will be put into practice instead of a large portion of temptation . We will see !
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Can I join in please? Can I be put down for 10lbs and is it OK to weigh in on a Friday?
    I've only ready page 1 so sorry if I have missed any important bits (i'm on my lunch so will catch up the other 2 pages later)
    I used to post here and lost 1 & 1/2 stones but this was YEARS ago (scary thought it might have been 8 yrs ago!)
    Im the big 40 this year (EEEKKKKK!!!) and don't want to be 40 and fat! My ideal weight would be around 9st 10lbs so that's the end game (hopefully) Only 2 stone to go *sigh*
    I use MFP and exercise by walking or doing exercise DVDs (I have many its a bad buying habit of mine but I do always buy 2nd hand ones so a bit MSE there)
    Today:
    B: homemade wholemeal drop scones, blueberries, banana
    L: HM tomato soup, 2 chicken drummers, orange
    S: Apple and maybe 2 x ryvita with cheese triangle
    T: pork chops, I think with rice and salad but not sure yet
    S: May have 1 or 2 celebration chocolate (I have to have something after my tea (bad habit)
    E: 15 min walk at lunch time and I will be doing 40 mins of Ministry of Sound exercise DVD when home

Sorry for the massive post!!!
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    I may have missed where it's been said but is there a set weigh in day or do we just do our own? I am so nervous of admitting to cheating on here that I am too scared to pinch a biscuit!!
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I may have missed where it's been said but is there a set weigh in day or do we just do our own? I am so nervous of admitting to cheating on here that I am too scared to pinch a biscuit!!

Hi you can weigh in any day you prefer but just try to post your loss or gain in red so that Cranky can see it clearly and update the chart. Don't worry we are all human and some days are better than others so no judgement here, just lots of ideas and support x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

We woke up to snow and ice this morning but I managed a snowy walk (3 miles) and then the sun came out and melted it enough to mean I could play tennis this afternoon. It was absolutely glorious too - though hard to play facing the sun.

Food today:
    Brunch: Bacon, eggs, mushrooms
    Dinner: Baked aubergine topped with bacon(left over from this morning), peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese.
    Treat: 4 small squares of dark chocolate to go with my coffee.

I like weighing in on a Friday as I tend to feed the family at the weekend and it gives me the rest of the week to be strict before I weigh again. That said I actually weigh myself every morning as I like to see the effect of various food and life style choices. I just record it once a week though.

I am definitely finding it motivating to post on here, and like the poster above, it makes it easier not to grab a sly snack. I find recording what I eat on the app on my phone also helps as I don't want to go over my target. I don't count calories but aim for no more than 50g of carbohydrates per day.
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If anyone wants a good calorie counting phone or pc app then myfitnesspal.com is great. I haven't had anything yet that wasn't on their database and you can record your own recipes and then save them which is handy for those of us who like to cook. If you have a fitness tracker you can connect a lot of them to the app too so that you earn an extra calorie allowance for exercising.

savesummore, I'll add you to the list now. It's great to have you in our merry little gang. As SIRENS said you can weigh on any day of the week - whatever suits you best. Just let us know on here how you've done and I'll record it on the group list/totals.

While we're still near the beginning I'd just like to say that one thing that it upsets me to see in relation to weight loss is the word "fail". In my book, there's no such thing, just the opportunity to learn and try again armed with more knowledge. That could be learning more about yourself, about the things that affect you and make you prone to emotional eating or learning who will help you with your goals and which of your friends would prefer you to stay overweight to make them look good. Either way, be kinder to yourselves. If it was easy we'd all look like Twiggy and this group wouldn't be here :rotfl:
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 January 2019 at 12:12PM
    Options
    MSE Old Style Weight Loss First Quarter 2019

big5 ....................0/14
    Brambling.............0/10
    Cranky..................1/11 :)
    dandy-candy..........0/14
    Doing it my way.....0/10
    dumpling...............0/14
    fit and freaky..........0/16
    Ginmonster............0/0
    monks...................0/10
    MrsLottie................0/10
    Munchin.................0/14
    Plain Jane...............0/7
    Rose Wood.............0/7
    savesummore.........0/10
    SIRENS..................1/14 :)
    zafiro1984..............0/14

Group weight loss week 1 ........... 2 lbs
  • ktj
    ktj Posts: 272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, count me in.
    Start weight 92kg. :eek::eek::eek: and I aim to lose 1kg per week!
    wish me luck. kje
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's great to see the group growing in number.

B:- nope
    L:- left over vegs from last night turned into soup. OK I did cook more than needed on purpose and it was mainly cauliflower and broccoli with a few green beans. Whizzed it all up and added herbs and a bit of Roquefort cheese.
    D:- it's just cooking, a salmon, & asparagus flan, I've also put a couple of hard boiled eggs and some leeks in it. I'm just having lettuce and the others are having chips which I can very easily resist. I think fruit to follow as I haven't put my mind to Low cal desserts yet - anybody got any ideas?
  • MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    That made me laugh Doing it m , it’s not cheating to eat a biscuit sometimes we need that bit of comfort ! Eating a whole packet would be bit bit different though !!! Be kind to yourself and why not build in a little treat everyday ?Good luck .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure