PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Cranky I hadn't really considered what 1lb Of weight actually looks like, now I shall visualise packs of butter, that make me feel so much more positive.

Having said that I did not stick to plan today and rapidly fell down a well of cheesy pasta bake and biscuits.
    Still drawing a line and back on it tomorrow promise.

Btw I love Pinch of Nom and also two chubby cubs (although they are not for the easily offended as their language is pretty blue!)
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Cranky can I join in please :) I've lost 2 stone since July some of it more than once :cool: unfortunately I've a way to go before i can fit back into the clothes currently hiding under the bed. Can you put me down for 10lb please, I've lost my Christmas weight gain so it's just a matter of getting back on track.

The difficult time for me is evenings, mouth hunger rather than actual hunger :o I can also be led astray by the biscuit tin at work, this time of year everyone has brought their Christmas LOs in.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • fit_and_freaky
    Options
    Hi. Please can I join? I have somewhere between 2.5 and 3 stone to lose. I have lost 5lbs so far since 1st of January which is quite impressive when there have already been 2 family birthdays this month! 16 lbs by end of March - random figure I know but it will take me to a round “stone” figure.
    Been following SW but stormed out last week when my scales said I’d lost a lb but theirs said I’d gained a lb 😳 Might go back this week but if they don’t catch me up I’m leaving. Will still follow the plan though.
  • fit_and_freaky
    Options
    Oh and I’ve started back at the gym too
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The day started well but I've just come online to stop me snacking.

Breakfast none
    L:- Tomato soup 1 x brown roll-no butter, apple and satsuma.
    I don't know if this will help anyone but I make my own 'cheats' tomato soup. One 400gm tin of plum tomatoes and than a variety of flavours, todays was one clove of garlic and one small chilli all heated and whizzed up together, came in at under 100 calories. I've also tried it with fresh basil which is quite acceptable
    D:- a small portion of steak and kidney (no suet pastry, I left that for the others around the table) with loads of cauliflower, broccoli and green beans.
    But my downfall was apple and mincemeat crumble with custard. I'll have to put my mind to some low cal desserts. I've also just raided the leg of Palma ham, that's the reason I've come online as it's so moreish.

Tea and coffee have been kept to just a few but I've been drinking warm water which I quite like
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning,

I'm a very slow runner as well but it gets me out in the fresh air and makes me feel amazing...afterwards.

I was doing well after Xmas and lost 8lb but as soon as I had my first chocolate that was the end of the good intentions and my sweet craving was unbelievable. So yesterday I started back on plan and so far so good. I am trying to cut down on coffee and tea but the headaches are a nightmare. Trying to limit myself to 1 cup a day and then have herbal teas or water. Love the support on this thread already.
  • AUDITOR
    Options
    To anyone who is looking at losing more than 1lb (1/2kg) a week, DON'T! It's not sustainable and it's not healthy. I studied food science and one of my friends being a Professor and acknowledged world expert on healthy eating. And note that DIETICIANS have to be properly qualified, but any old Tom, !!!! or Henrietta can call themseves a nutritionist with no qualifiacitons whatsoever.
  • Plain_Jane
    Options
    Hello, please can I join too? I have been on the DFW board for years but didn't know about this one until I saw Martin's email this week.

I would like to lose 7lbs this quarter. I have a lot to lose so don't want to divulge my weight just now but I would love to lose around a 1lb a week. 7lbs seems doable as I have trouble with diets and losing weight.

PJ
    Just one figure from now on - Total Debt as at 27.8.18 - £44,061.26.

Target to be under £40k by 31.12.18.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,765 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

I weighed in this morning and I've lost a pound this week. I'm still getting rid of my Christmas gain which was fairly horrendous. Like Munchin said, one chocolate was all it took and I was away! I was driving in the frozen hail and snow this morning (I give my two friends a lift to fat class or I would have stayed in) and although I felt fine at the time I'm shattered now. It took so much longer than usual.

Brambling, fit and freaky and Plain Jane I've added you to the list. It's lovely to have you here with us.

SIRENS I've read quite a lot of the Chubby Cubs travel blogs and recipes. I agree they're probably only for the very broad minded but I've found some of them hilarious and you can just skip the reading and go straight to the recipe. Their Thai Chicken dipping balls are one of the easiest recipes I've ever made.

dumpling how lovely to have Lee cooking for you. The HT has zero interest in food and can only make toast or pasta with sauce. Even the toast is a bit dodgy as he jumps every time the toast pops out of the toaster :rotfl:

Onwards and downwards folks and take care all of you :)
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,765 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE Old Style Weight Loss First Quarter 2019

big5 ....................0/14
    Brambling.............0/10
    Cranky..................1/11 :)
    dandy-candy..........0/14
    Doing it my way.....0/10
    dumpling...............0/14
    fit and freaky..........0/16