PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MrsLottie wrote: »
    I also want to thank Cranky for the support and encouragement you give and for the time it takes you to keep everything running smoothly .I had resolved to join the group after Christmas and then it didn’t look as if it would start up again until you rescued it .So thank you cos I really feel I can do this now .

Thank you and you're welcome. We're all helping each other though and I need the help as much as everybody else does. Remember we need to appreciate ourselves too and if you can't seize the day at least try and give it a good prod :rotfl:
  • MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    edited 8 February 2019 at 11:12PM
    Options
    Help ! There is a tube of orange smarties in my pantry and it keeps calling me ,it’s getting louder every minute .SO I thought if I reported on here how it is trying to sabatage my efforts it would stop and I might be able to forget about it . My treat night is tomorrow and it’s a g and t and french fries and not you - orange smarties so go away !

There I think they’ve stopped ,so I’m going to have a nice diet lemonade . Thank you for listening .
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats to all who have made loses

Cranky I’m loving all the upbeat posts, thanks :)

I was sitting down eating wrong things and thinking about how skinny I was in my teens. The difference then is on a Saturday night I’d be bolting down the bare minimum because I was rushing to get out the door and see my mates. Now I’m mid forties I move from table to tv, that’s my routine, and there never anything to get excited about. I need to set myself some “fun” goals that aren’t a meal out! Any ideas?

Also I spoke to my dad a couple of days ago and he is doing 6-10k steps a day and he’s late seventies! I need to move my behind more :rotfl:
  • fit_and_freaky
    Options
    Morning!

Hardly had time to post on here this week but have had the odd glance. Well done to everyone who has lost.

My meals have mostly gone like this.
    B - berries and yoghurt(fat free Greek style)
    L - salad with eggs and either chicken, ham or salmon with a bit of mayo.

Hint. Subway do lovely salads and you know exactly what is in them so no dressings of any kind unless you ask for them. Lunch out with mother on Monday was saved!

I’ve had the odd snack - partner (business) brought me a creme egg the other day, otherwise I’ve steered clear. Also trying to drink 1.5L of water a day - some days better than others.

Anyway - I am DELIGHTED to report a loss this week of 🥁🥁🥁 5lbs !!! Was at a buffet dinner last night though so that might catch me up.

👍👍🙈
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Katiepants I'm in awe of how you dealt with that situation - I would have crumbled into a pulsating, sobbing mass of gin and dairy milk.

Izadora, sorry to hear about your mum, I hope everything goes as well as it can!
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Wow ! I’m in awe . Well done so pleased for you fit and fr .
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    I've hardly had time to breathe last week and put on 2lb!!!! Starting again today am going to calorie count and split my daily calorie allowance into 4 sections, breakfast, dinner and tea and then the remaining quarter for snacks, will see how it goes. I havnt read any posts for a week or so and am looking forward to a 5 minute breather for a catch up but I am sure every one is doing fab! X
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am back in the land of the living now and unfortunately my appetite has returned with me :rotfl:. Never mind, I am trying very hard to be restrained. Today is not going to be a brilliantly nutricious day but I will do better tomorrow.

My 'menu' today is:
    b - fried eggs on toast
    l - cinnamon bun
    d - hotdogs
    s- hot cross bun

As you can see I am seriously craving carbs but I weighed myself this morning and have stayed the same since last week. I really want another loss next week so I am definitely going to get back in the zone.

Well done fit and freaky, what an amazing loss, I think water makes such a difference to the scales.
    Step away from the orange smarties MrsLottie even though they are the best :)

Aww Izadora, I hope your mum is recovering, what an awful worry, try and take care of yourself too though x

Right I am off to find some fruit as I feel the need for a vitamin or two :rotfl:. Hope you all have a great weekend, take care xx
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Everyone,

A quick post before I shoot off to work. I'm virtually retired, just do two evenings a week for DS. Saturdays are my really busy day as I have DGD all day then work from 6 till around half ten.

DGD has really kept me busy today. When she arrived we decorated a gingerbread house together then jogged round the house until my fitness watch said we'd done a mile. After that the sun came out, up till then it had been quite horrid and really windy out. So we decided to go up to her house (jogging again) and play on the trampoline. That was another couple of miles according to my watch after jumping for at least twenty minutes and probably longer. She next persuaded me to play table football with her before returning for lunch. The afternoon was a bit quieter but we did walk up to the local coffee shop for an hour with my Mum before I walked home with her and my DiL. At least I didn't have to jog that time as I was carrying the gingerbread house! If exercise was all it needed to lose weight I'd be really skinny I think!

Lunch: Vegetable medley with cheese and bacon - popped under the grill until crispy on top. Contained onions, garlic, butternut squash, courgettes, peppers, leeks and spinach.
    Dinner: Eggs, home made chips and mushrooms.
    Treats: 4 squares of dark chocolate.

I usually walk to work but DH is taking me tonight as I need to take a load of milk with me. I still usually walk a couple of thousand steps whilst I am there and certainly never sit down so will be really ready to fall asleep tonight!

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rose I am in total awe of your exercise you do every day. Meanwhile I have been lying on the sofa clutching my belly and vowing never to eat anything resembling a carb again :rotfl:. I am so over my day of indulgence, I just feel queasy now and very uncomfortable. I wish I had listened to my head instead of my heart.

Oh well, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger :D. I need to drink a load of water as I feel very dehydrated after the past few days. I know it's stupid but I deliberately restricted my drinks as I couldn't walk to the toilet in time and had a few accidents. I am very very grateful to a compassionate and understanding husband. Now my legs feel a bit better and I have a fighting chance to get to the loo so I am going to drink.

I will end here on a silly thing. I was thinking about weightloss mantras and I don't really have any but one of my (many) quirks is that when my tummy rumbles I imagine it's a load of tiny minions with pickaxes mining away my fat deposits. It amuses me anyway :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure