PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Love the green smiley and love not feeling alone in the weight battle. I’m going to take the advice given on here and I’m going to respect myself regarding good food choices and exercise , just the same as I respect that in others. As mums I think we look after our families the best we can and make do with what is left regarding food and time for relaxing and exercise . I think this sometimes carries on even when our children are grown up. I know I am always ready to take on grandchildren duties and help my children when needed but realised they would be horrified if this was detrimental to my health .SO I am going to organise myself regarding time and food choices and still be available to help out where needed. Thank you everyone for the welcome advice. Today for breakfast I had a boiled egg and a slice of toast . Lunch was a small slice of bread, a slice of cheese ,some red onion and some grapes. Tea will be a jacket potato with tuna and salad and some sugar free jelly . Going to join you at the weekend Cranky and have 1 gin and tonic AND a packet of french fries !!!
  • MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to say welcome to Izadora - it’s lovely to have more on board !
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We know how to live don't we MrsLottie? I have a packet of quavers though, not french fries. I don't know how old your grandchildren are but if they're old enough you can get them cooking and exercising with you. My son (the House Troll) has always been an enthusiastic participant in baking sessions. Even if you only make fairy cakes then the children get cakes that aren't full of additives and preservatives and you'll probably get no more than one cake which won't do you any harm given the energy required for babysitting duties.

We're like a proper slimming club now, but we have the added advantage of being able to offer to support each other all week rather than just an hour and a half once a week :T:T:T

I don't post my meals very often, but today seems quite straightforward so here goes...

Breakfast : banana and peanut butter toast
    Snacks : small snack pack of melon fingers, brownie from a pinch of nom recipe (74cals)
    Lunch : 1 poached egg on 1 slice of toast
    Dinner : cauliflower rice with bolognese sauce
  • katiepants
    Options
    Legs were aching this morning after the bike at the gym yesterday. I really struggled to get out of bed!

Anyway, still managed my lunchtime walk, and I'm back at the gym after work, although will focus less on legs and more on other body parts!

B: 1 shredded wheat, 1 weetabix, s/s milk
    L: Small portion of bean curry, handful of green beans left over from tea last night, 1 sandwich thin
    T: Chilli (currently in the slow cooker), brown rice
    Fibre one brownie and clementine for snacks
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    My son (the House Troll)

Thank you, I'd been reading the abbreviation as Hormonal Teen :D

Food today has been/will be:

Breakfast - skinny latte
    Lunch - 1/2 a carton of Covent Garden Leek&Potato soup & half a multigrain baton (about 100g)
    Dinner - Fajitas

I really should start making my own soups but at least the shop-bought ones I have in the fridge at work were on offer and having them there means that I can't forget to bring my lunch in and then succumb to the temptation of having something less healthy.
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    It's going to be hard achieving my step total today as over six hours of it were spent in the car. DS and I had a business meeting over 3 hours away. I have reached 12400 steps so far today so will have to go out for a walk in the dark shortly. I did walk to and from his house rather than be picked up/dropped off and went for a short walk when we got home but not far enough obviously. Had a big lunch too as DS treated me to a pub meal. I gave him most of my chips though and he gave me his mushrooms and tomato so it could have been worse.

Lunch: 8 ounce sirloin steak with (6) chips, onion rings, peas, mushrooms and tomato
    Dinner: Scrambled egg with smoked salmon and avocado
    Treats: 2 ginger biscuits at the meeting with my coffee
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening

-1/2lb lost please Cranky :). Im happy with that although i would have liked more I have been playing with it this week, there was the usual beginning of the month chaos at work this week and no will power to ignore the cake and biscuits there :o

I agree with what you said Slowdown I'm far harsher on myself than I would ever be to others, I think a lot of us need to kinder to ourselves

B - usual porridge and fruit
    L - repeat of yesterday's HM minestrone soup
    D - I made a tomato and bean stew using up LOs with bacon, pepper, onion and courgette with a bread roll
    S - grapes, biscuit, apple
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Slowdown
    Slowdown Posts: 574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pollybear wrote: »
    I can appreciate all you are saying slowdown but I struggle with applying it to myself. It's hard to change a habit you've had for a lifetime.

So,so,so hard to apply all the right things to ourselves. Absolutely.
    It's a battle from start to finish. Actually maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I'm looking for a finish point and there isn't one. This is about changing things forever forward from this point. Not looking for a finish to the journey. If I finish the diet, the weight loss, the change then I'll go back to where I was. Maybe I need to change my viewpoint. This is about walking a different path that stretches on through the rest of my life and doesn't reach a finish point. I need to tell myself that this is my life now. Not a diet, or a plan, or a target but my life. Hmmm. Something I need to think about.

Sorry if my mind splurge bored anyone. It just tumbled out onto the page!

I stuck to my guns today even though I was sorely tempted. I really wanted a drink at about 5pm. I distracted myself with other things and it eventually went away.

Breakfast- gut healing smoothie
    Lunch - slice of toast with smoked salmon and poached egg
    Supper - roasted veg with a vegetarian Kiev.

Snacked on some crackers.

I'm going away to my mums for a few days. She lives over three hundred miles away. I expect I'll be given big meals but I'll try to be sensible with the cakes and snacks.

Keep on the new path everyone and I'll check back in on Monday.
    :)
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,
    Wow this thread has moved fast, I didn't get chance to catch up/post yesterday.
    Im having a very up and down week not horrendous but ive been pushing 1900 cals most days! Ideally id like to be around 1500. I haven't done any exercise DVD (I constantly feel like im on the verge of a cold but then it never comes) but I have walked the dog with OH every night.
    Today should look something like this;
    B: boiled egg, muesli, Greek yogurt and spoon of tinned peaches
    S: Banana
    L: Ham salad, 2 ryvita's and a cream cheese triangle
    S: Apple and possible rice cake
    T: (Oh dear) Fish finger sandwiches and oven chips! Me and OH been proper craving this for ages!

I am showing a loss again today (official weigh in tomorrow) but lets see what tomorrow is saying.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts it makes for very interesting reading. Im constantly shattered and I don't have any children so I am in awe of people who juggle everything plus kids!
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • katiepants
    Options
    Good morning,

Weighed myself this morning and -2lbs. Pleased that it's gone in the right direction, but I've got a very long way to go.

Today:
    B: 1 shredded wheat, 1 weetabix, s/s milk
    L: Small portion of bean curry, brown sandwich thin
    T: No idea!! OH is eating out so I might just have some pasta with something...

Nearly the weekend!
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family