PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• katiepants
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. I didn't have a great weekend, but hoping for a good week.

Today
    B: 1 shredded wheat, 1 weetabix, s/s milk (I'm attempting to struggle through the shredded wheat by mixing it with weetabix!)
    L: Small portion of homemade 'Laal lobia' (Red kidney bean curry) with cous cous
    T: Not sure yet but maybe a jacket potato with beans and cheese

Snacks, Fibre one brownie and a clementine
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • Ginmonster
    Options
    Well, despite a takeaway at the weekend I'm down by 1llb this week - hooray!

I'm back on porridge for breakfast today and I've got some soup bubbling away in the pan at the moment which will be lunch with a bread roll and some fruit. Hubby will be making tea tonight so it could be anything!

Good luck to everyone for the week ahead!
  • butterfly2507
    Options
    I am "only" down 0.8 KG but it's a start! :beer:

Also, it might be hormonal weight since I am bloated as hell currently. We'll see that next week :)
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,772 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good afternoon all,

I went running again this morning. I keep telling myself I'll be faster, fitter and stronger but mostly what I am is more hungry than usual :rotfl: As I've promised my best friend that I'll cut out sweets and junk food I thought I'd try and reduce my carbs...I still had banana and toast for breakfast because of the running, but I'm not having any carbs with my evening meal tonight.

Rose Wood I can't decide what I'm more in awe of - your step totals or your energy levels :)

Slowdown well done for the digging. The nearest I've been to going out in the garden is opening the door for the cat! I also weigh myself every day. As long as you don't get disheartened if it's gone up I think it's ok. You'll get to see a pattern - mine goes up mid week then back down again.

MrsLottie I'm not a strong person but I do like to keep my sense of humour ready......when I was widowed aged 42 with a 4 year old I managed to put on 3 stone. I kept meeting other widows that couldn't eat and I couldn't stop :o Like all things it sorted itself out eventually. I actually weigh about half a stone less now than I did when I got married (couldn't diet for the wedding either, sigh - too stressed).

Brambling my sister and I have discussed the eating problem. We were both forced to eat - "the starving children in Africa would be glad of that" was said at least once a day in our house. As a consequence we don't seem to have an "off button" that tells you to stop eating. Even when we're full or not hungry we can carry on.

Remember to be kind to yourselves this week. If this was easy we'd all look like Twiggy already. I know a lot of people believe that it's as simple as "eat less and move more" but it really isn't. There are psychological and/or physical challenges that come into it for some people. If you have a bad week try and figure out what went wrong so at least you can try and avoid doing the same thing again.

Take care all of you
  • CRANKY40
    edited 4 February 2019 at 2:29PM
    Options
    MSE Old Style Weight Loss First Quarter 2019

Imperial (ibs)

big5 ....................2/14-/:):)/
    Brambling.............2/10 :)/:)/
    Cranky..................1.5/11 :)/;)/
    dandy-candy..........1.5/14-/:);)/
    Doing it my way.....2/10:):)/STS/
    dumpling...............5/14:):):):)/:)/
    Edina Typhoon........0/8-/-/
    fit and freaky.........1/16:)/STS/
    Ginmonster............1/5 -/STS/:)
    GreenEcoGirl..........2.5/0-/:):);)/
    katiepants..............0/10-/-/
    LadyGada..............1.5/10-/:);)/
    monks...................1/10-/:)/
    MrsLottie................0.5/10-/;)/
    Munchin.................3/14:)/:):)/
    Plain Jane...............0/7-/-/
    Rose Wood.............1/7-/:)/
    savesummore.........1/10-/:)/
    Slowdown..............0/14-/-/
    SIRENS..................1/14 :)/STS/
    star trek fan............1/7-/:)/
    Sue14....................3/10:):)/:)/
    VickyV....................0/11-/STS/
    zafiro1984..............2.5/14-//:):);)/

Metric (kg)

butterfly 2507 0.8/0-/-/:)
    ktj...............0/10-/

Group weight loss week 1 ........... 14 lbs
    Group weight loss week 2............ 20 lbs
    Group weight loss week 3...............1 lb
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

-1lb for me please
    I thought I had posted Friday but it hasn't appeared in the thread- must be me!

Weekend of 2 halves- half 1 lots of walking, half 2 a fair bit of eating!

Today (Have felt really hungry)
    B: 1 toast and butter, 2 Weetabix, blueberries
    S: handful of nuts and a banana
    L; SW Homemade chicken casserole, rice and broccoli
    S: Orange and maybe a rice cake
    T: Coq au van and pasta
    E: I might do a dvd haven't decided yet, feel 'off' have felt like it for about a week now, like I have a cold coming but then it never arrives.

Have a good day all x
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Hi

-1lb for me please
    I thought I had posted Friday but it hasn't appeared in the thread- must be me!

I was just checking back to see if I'd missed yours but there definitely isn't a post. I've added your loss to last week :)
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    I was just checking back to see if I'd missed yours but there definitely isn't a post. I've added your loss to last week :)

Thank you, I must have typed it but not actually posted it lol!
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gah +1lb for me. :(
    I’ve been cleaning and hoovering today to burn some calories, curse those biscuits!
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cranky my dad would make us sit until we cleared our plates, unfortunately I was just as stubborn as him but still can't eat cooked white cabbage after sitting in front of it for an hour, I can eat any other kind of cabbage no problem. I had an epiphany last year that I didn't have to clear my plate if I didn't want to and I'm over 50, but that message has to be often reinforced, old habits are hard to break.

Slowdown I read something recently, can't remember by whom but their theory was if we weigh ourselves every day we can see we are putting weight on and correct our food intake. I try not to weigh everyday but probably do it every couple of days, I can be a bit of an ostrich if I know I'm over eating I avoid the scales so I don't have to face it which is why I gained 5lb in two weeks over Xmas and NY (all gone now :D)

B - porridge, banana and blueberries
    L - HM minestrone soup
    D - vegetable rice with salmon- both weekend LOs
    S - piece of shortbread and grapes
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure