PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »

dumpling where are you my friend. I know life isn't great for you sometimes but don't let that make you a stranger here :)

Hi everyone, I'm here now :). I have been very poorly with flu and today is the first day I feel almost human..almost _pale_. I haven't been able to eat very much for a few days which is a novelty believe me but my lovely hubby is currently making me some scrambled eggs and toast as today I am starving. I forgot to weigh this morning so I will do it tomorrow and fingers crossed I will have a loss.

I am not sure what is on the menu today but I am thinking fishfinger butty after reading the previous posts :D. It is so nice to read everyone's stories and their take on the struggle to lose weight, it is encouraging to see our similarities. My breakfast is ready now so I will love you and leave you xx
  • MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you Dumpling ! So sorry you’ve been ill ,take care of yourself .
  • katiepants
    Options
    I had a personal victory last night/today.

Yesterday afternoon at work I was told about a mistake that I'd made,the consequences of which are likely going to cost the organisation a lot of money. I felt absolutely awful - guilty/embarrassed/worthless.

Old me would have used this as an excuse to instantly binge on a load of sugar. I'd have felt temporarily justified, but later full of regret and just as bad about the situation in the first place.

New me went to the gym and spent 40 minutes sweating out the bad mood. I went home and had tea, whilst my bf made me feel better about it, then went straight in the bath and to bed before I could think about biscuits.

This morning I still felt bad about the situation and briefly considered stopping at the shop for some 'cheer up snacks', but instead I came into the office, had my cereal, and wrote an apology email to my boss.

Her reply was very nice, reassured me a lot, and now I don't feel quite as bad about it all. If I'd given in to the urge to binge, I'd still have that guilt, but I don't, so go me!

Today:
    B: 1 shredded wheat, 1 weetabix, s/s milk
    L: Bean curry (last portion. It's delicious but I'm slightly bored of it now), cous cous, and sweetcorn
    T: OH family are visiting and they're having chippy tea. I'm just having chicken soup.( Sounds like I'm depriving myself, but I'm actually not a fan of fish and chips :shocked:

No exercise for me today, although I'm still going to go for my lunchtime walk. Also I'm treating myself to a cider or two tonight. I haven't drank since NYE and I think I deserve it! :beer:
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

I've been running then I called into asda for some apples and melon. All my evening meals this week have been low carb. The weekend ones won't be but I can live with that. They won't be as high as usual though.

Rose Wood I wish I had your restraint when it comes to chocolate - a few squares here are usually followed by the rest of the bar, hence giving it up altogether this week.

VickyV blimey you're a brave woman! The HT has never had friends for a sleepover. I've usually had enough by 6pm if he has anyone home for tea :rotfl:

savesummore of course you deserve a loss :)

MrsLottie well done and you're right, as a group we can do this. That's a lot of grandchildren, how lovely :T If they see you taking good care of yourself you'll be teaching them a valuable lesson for the future too.

dumpling thank goodness you're back and sorry that you've been so poorly. A fish finger butty sounds like just the thing to set you back on the road to recovery - sorry but I have mushy peas with mine too :D

katiepants s@#t happens. I was talking with the OH last night about something similar happening where he works. It's likely to result in the organisation being fined but his view was that mistakes happen, they need to learn from it and move on whilst making sure it doesn't happen again. He's had a very stressful week because of it but even so, he wasn't angry or annoyed and your boss's response seems to be along similar lines. Well done for dealing with the situation properly rather than having a knee jerk "eat it better" response.

Take care all of you :)
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE Old Style Weight Loss First Quarter 2019

Imperial (lbs)

big5 ....................2/14-/:):)/
    Brambling.............2.5/10 :)/:)/;)
    Cranky..................2.5/11 :)/;)/:)
    dandy-candy..........0.5/14-/:);)/:D
    Doing it my way.....2/10:):)/STS/
    dumpling...............5/14:):):):)/:)/
    Edina Typhoon........0/8-/-/
    fit and freaky.........1/16:)/STS/
    Ginmonster............1/5 -/STS/:)
    GreenEcoGirl..........2.5/0-/:):);)/
    Izadora..................0/14-/-/
    katiepants..............2/10-/-/:):)
    LadyGada..............1.5/10-/:);)/
    monks...................3/10-/:)/:):)
    MrsLottie................2/10-/;)/:);)
    Munchin.................3/14:)/:):)/
    Plain Jane...............0/7-/-/
    Rose Wood.............1/7-/:)/
    savesummore.........2.5/10-/:)/:);)
    Slowdown..............2/14-/-/:):)
    SIRENS..................1/14 :)/STS/STS
    star trek fan............1/7-/:)/
    Sue14....................3/10:):)/:)/
    VickyV....................3/11-/STS/:):):)
    zafiro1984..............2.5/14-/:)):);)/

Metric (kg)

butterfly 2507 0.8/0-/-/:)
    ktj...............0/10-/

Group weight loss week 1 ........... 14 lbs
    Group weight loss week 2............ 20 lbs
    Group weight loss week 3.............13.5 lbs & 0.8kg
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dumpling wrote: »

I am not sure what is on the menu today but I am thinking fishfinger butty after reading the previous posts :D.

My fish finger sandwich was amazing last night!!
    Hope you feel better soon
    katiepants wrote: »
    I had a personal victory last night/today.

Yesterday afternoon at work I was told about a mistake that I'd made,the consequences of which are likely going to cost the organisation a lot of money. I felt absolutely awful - guilty/embarrassed/worthless.

Old me would have used this as an excuse to instantly binge on a load of sugar. I'd have felt temporarily justified, but later full of regret and just as bad about the situation in the first place.

New me went to the gym and spent 40 minutes sweating out the bad mood. I went home and had tea, whilst my bf made me feel better about it, then went straight in the bath and to bed before I could think about biscuits.

This morning I still felt bad about the situation and briefly considered stopping at the shop for some 'cheer up snacks', but instead I came into the office, had my cereal, and wrote an apology email to my boss.

Her reply was very nice, reassured me a lot, and now I don't feel quite as bad about it all. If I'd given in to the urge to binge, I'd still have that guilt, but I don't, so go me!

Today:
    B: 1 shredded wheat, 1 weetabix, s/s milk
    L: Bean curry (last portion. It's delicious but I'm slightly bored of it now), cous cous, and sweetcorn
    T: OH family are visiting and they're having chippy tea. I'm just having chicken soup.( Sounds like I'm depriving myself, but I'm actually not a fan of fish and chips :shocked:

No exercise for me today, although I'm still going to go for my lunchtime walk. Also I'm treating myself to a cider or two tonight. I haven't drank since NYE and I think I deserve it! :beer:
    Just wanted to say well done with how you handled things. I suffer from anxiety and I know how this would of made me feel.
    Mistakes happen to us all and you did a great job of handling it
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Good morning all,

savesummore of course you deserve a loss :)

Take care all of you :)

Thank you! That was really a nice thing to read :A
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • katiepants
    Options

Just wanted to say well done with how you handled things. I suffer from anxiety and I know how this would of made me feel.
    Mistakes happen to us all and you did a great job of handling it

Thank you, that's really sweet of you to say
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Yes katypants I think you handled that brilliantly too , I bet you feel pleased with yourself now !

I also want to thank Cranky for the support and encouragement you give and for the time it takes you to keep everything running smoothly .I had resolved to join the group after Christmas and then it didn’t look as if it would start up again until you rescued it .So thank you cos I really feel I can do this now .
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the losses everyone :T:T:T

I always have Monday as my weigh in day, partly because I find it easiest to start a diet on a Monday and partly because I generally put on a little bit of weight over the weekend. I find that I can be pretty strict with myself during the week if I know that I can relax a bit at the weekend, which tends to stop me snapping and eating everything in sight, so I prefer to weigh on a Monday as I get disheartened if I go up after I've recorded my weight.

Food over the past couple of days has been a bit erratic. I had my usual skinny latte for breakfast but got a call from my dad, just as I was about to make my lunch, to tell me that my mum's in hospital. I couldn't face food so grabbed another skinny latte instead and then couldn't be bothered with a proper dinner by the time I got back from the hospital so had a couple of slices of marmite on toast, 3 bottles of beer and a rather generous G&T...

I couldn't face breakfast this morning so have had about a gallon of coffee and some mushroom pate and cucumber on toast for lunch and a biscuit with my last coffee. I was quite impressed that I managed just one, rather than emptying the biscuit barrel. What I have for dinner will probably depend on whether it's before or after I go back to the hospital - if it's after it will most likely be liquid.
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Well done everyone who has lost - and well done to those who haven't for trying.

As DGD stayed the night my day started with the school run - which really was a bit of a run today as she was dillydallying and we set off rather later than usual. It is ten minute walk to school normally but we jogged and walked fast and did it in under 7 minutes. I had yoga, so another walk there, followed by coffee with friends. DS came for lunch, unusual for a Friday, as his wife was working all day.

I had a nice easy afternoon as I had a hairdressing appointment - just a trim and blow dry. I usually read a magazine whilst I am there but ended up chatting instead. I also had a walk to the local hardware shop to buy yet another tester pot of paint. The kitchen is covered with squares of different greys as we try to find the perfect colour.

This evening I checked my steps and found they were lower than I wanted so had a jog round and round the house for about sixteen minutes. I was going to do just five minutes but kept thinking I'd do another minute - and by the time I got to twelve I decided I'd keep going till I'd done a mile, slowly!! I've still another 1400 steps to go to reach my target but should do that over the evening. Maybe I ought to look into treadmills whilst the weather is bad.

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, spinach leaves, tomato and cucumber
    Dinner: Salmon in a creamy lemon and dill sauce with courgette noodles and peas.
    Treat: Six pieces of dark chocolate (not the usual four!)

Cranky, it's only very dark chocolate I can be restrained with. I couldn't just have a couple of squares of milk chocolate. In fact, I would have no difficulty demolishing a whole very large bar of Dairy Milk or Galaxy (ask me how I know?), so only have dark chocolate in the house.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure