PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way Part 11

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better Dumpling I think when you've been ill your body craves carbs, somehow fruit and veg doesn't work the same

I had one of my occasional working Saturdays today, which I really didn't want to do it but was guilted into by the boss, i can worked from home so it not usually too bad but was let down by the person working with me who texted to say she had 'flu', I had told my boss 3 weeks ago that I expected her to do something like that, she's very predictable. She ended up 'working' but I had just as well been on my own. Anyway I was extremely annoyed and would usually look for something comforting to eat and picked at it all day whilst working but I didn't :). I did text my sister ranting and she did talk me out of the biscuit tin or popping to T Express by saying I would feel worse if I did. I found a small chocolate frog and that was my treat once work finished.

B - porridge and fruit
    L - falafels in pita with salad
    D - rump steak with a large stir fry
    S - chocolate frog and grapes

I'm trying not to give in and have a G&T
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    An STS for me this week, better than putting on but still disappointing as I have been quite good this week, although I did have a jam doughnut earlier in the week, as our team won them by completing a survey the quickest, and I couldn't resist. Hopefully I can lose at least a few pounds in the next few weeks, as I have my niece's wedding to go to next month, and would like to be a little bit slimmer than I am at the moment.
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• RicardaRacoon
    Options
    Good morning everyone

May I join (again)? I've been on the tread for a couple of times in the past, but each time fell off the waggon...

Like every year, I told myself on New Year that this year will be the year I'm losing weight. Over the past weeks I haven't done too good, but at least lost 3 lbs which means that I am currently about 8 lbs under my weight from 1. of January 2018.

I know I could do better than 3 lbs in 6 weeks... So I decided yesterday that I need to make losing weight my project for 2019, put some effort into it and try to keep motivated since it won't just be a few lbs that have to go. Idealy it would be 4 st less (which would mean just being inside a healthy weight range), but I'd be happy with 3 too.

What I ate yesterday:
    B too much bread with honey....
    L spinach lasagne with quark
    D greek salad
    S brownie
    E small walk (20 min) and a lot of housework

It is my grannys bday today, we will go out for a meal and it will most likely be the day that my extended family will realise that my sister and I are now vegetarians... WHich might not go down too well with them, since it is a farming family.... Oh well...

Have a lovely sunday everyone!
    Read you later
    Fashion on the Ration 2022: 5/66 coupons used: yarn for summer top 5 /
    Note to self, don't buy yarn!
  • GreenEcoGirl
    Options
    Hi all

This is an overdue post! Looking after a baby singlehandedly is quite time consuming! ��

Anyway, I stayed the same this week, which is fine, so long as I lose next week, but things aren't necessarily going to plan! My bad back has been playing up, which limits my ability to walk my dog and get the exercise I need. But I will persevere! I tried on my favourite pre-baby-bought-at-my-slimmest jeans a few days ago and it's like they belong to a totally different person! ☹️

Oh well.

Regarding subscribing to the thread, I though I had, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I'm on my smartphone, so will have to try doing it on my laptop. Then if I get five minutes, I'll go back through everyone's updates to hopefully get some inspiration!

Fingers crossed for a lb off on Wednesday!!
    Trying to regain my pre-baby, pre-back surgery figure!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,772 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

yesterday didn't go at all as I'd planned. 9:30am saw me hammering nails into my neighbours fence to put it back together. I could have left it to them but judging by the state of their garden they might not have bothered at all. Our cat would have gone straight for the gap and vanished - she doesn't usually go out of our garden. The HT did get dressed and came out to help me without being asked though which was nice.

I dropped the Ht and his friend off at the cinema then went for a cuppa with my aunty, stayed there longer than intended, took the HT and his friend to the arcade after they'd been to the cinema and didn't get home until 4pm so all the jobs from yesterday have now become jobs for today.

I was chatting to my friend last night - she's also dieting and is feeling a bit low. We were saying that the reason for that is because we have removed our main coping strategy.....feeling sad - eat something, feeling happy - eat something, bored - eat something.... and so on. Has anyone else successfully substituted any other strategies? For me I think running has filled some of the gap but I'm not sure that will work in every situation.

MrsLottie the orange smarties are nasty. I ate the ones the HT was bought at Christmas. They're not proper orange flavoured smarties, they're just ordinary ones painted orange with the odd proper one chucked in. I was very disappointed.

dandy-candy fun goals.....it's hard to say without knowing you. I'm putting away the money that I'd spend going to a fat club for a mega clothes shopping spree once I've lost a couple more stone. What kind of things do you like? Doing the couch to 5k thing was my biggest goal last year and here I am doing it all over again this year (but with the added knowledge that I can and trying to go faster this time).

fit and freaky very well done on your loss. Did you enjoy the creme egg? I don't think that they taste that nice any more. I still have one every year just to check though. I haven't had this years yet.

Doing it my way if you're calorie counting I can recommend myfitnesspal. It counts things like carbs, protein and sugar too so that you have the right nutritional balance.

dumpling that was a lot of carbs.....but you've proved to yourself that you feel so much better when you don't give in to your cravings. I've had an "interesting" week having carb free evening meals so I know it's hard. It's so much better for blood sugars though. I've only had to get up once in the night for a wee instead of three times so I definitely need to carry on with it.

Brambling I'm resisting the call of the gin bottle too. Unfortunately gin makes me believe that I'm invincible and that all food has zero calories :rotfl:

Ricarda of course you can join. Do you want to set yourself a target for this challenge? The first challenge of the year ends on the 31st of March so that's 7 weeks left starting tomorrow.

GreenEcoGirl I know all about the single handed baby thing. MrCranky was a sailor when he was alive so the HT and I were by ourselves for 4 months at a time then he would be home for 11 weeks then away again. It was exhausting, especially if the HT was ill as I had no family helping. If your back is still bad go and ask your GP if you can be referred for physiotherapy. I have a spinal birth defect (spine curves side to side rather than back to front) and I've always found physios to be way more useful than the GP at sorting it out (no disrespect to my doctor).

Take care all of you and happy healthy eating for the coming week :)
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,772 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 February 2019 at 12:20PM
    Options
    MSE Old Style Weight Loss First Quarter 2019

Imperial (lbs)

big5 ....................2/14-/:):)/
    Brambling.............2.5/10 :)/:)/;)
    Cranky..................2.5/11 :)/;)/:)
    dandy-candy..........0.5/14-/:);)/:D
    Doing it my way.....0/10:):)/STS/:D:D
    dumpling...............5/14:):):):)/:)/STS
    Edina Typhoon........0/8-/-/
    fit and freaky.........6/16:)/STS/:):):):):)
    Ginmonster............1/5 -/STS/:)
    GreenEcoGirl..........2.5/0-/:):);)/STS
    Izadora..................0/14-/-/
    katiepants..............2/10-/-/:):)
    LadyGada..............1.5/10-/:);)/
    monks...................3/10-/:)/:):)
    MrsLottie................2/10-/;)/:);)
    Munchin.................3/14:)/:):)/
    Plain Jane...............0/7-/-/
    Rose Wood.............1/7-/:)/
    savesummore.........2.5/10-/:)/:);)
    Slowdown..............2/14-/-/:):)
    SIRENS..................1/14 :)/STS/STS
    star trek fan............1/7-/:)/
    Sue14....................3/10:):)/:)/STS
    VickyV....................3/11-/STS/:):):)
    zafiro1984..............2.5/14-/:)):);)/

Metric (kg)

butterfly 2507 0.8/0-/-/:)
    ktj...............0/10-/

Group weight loss week 1 ........... 14 lbs
    Group weight loss week 2............ 20 lbs
    Group weight loss week 3.............16.5 lbs & 0.8kg
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

I weighed in yesterday and have lost -3 lb :j. I was delighted but couldn’t quite believe it so stood on the scales this morning and it is right.

I struggled a bit this week feeling hungry even though I knew it was just cravings but thankfully they have passed. I went out for a run this morning and am walking most days so that has to be helping.

Good luck everyone.
  • GreenEcoGirl
    Options
    Hi Cranky
    My oh is in the Navy! Luckily, we usually see each other every couple of weeks, except when I was pregnant, when we had a longest periods of separation. Not great timing! I live in Shropshire, whilst he's based in Scotland, but baby and I will be moving up there shortly, just for the rest of my maternity leave, as he's due to start his next shore draft soon.
    As for my back, I'm currently trying hydrotherapy, but I don't think it's helping much. I'm having physio as well, but my discs are in a pretty bad way. ☹️
    Trying to regain my pre-baby, pre-back surgery figure!
  • Rose_Wood
    Options
    Well, I might be getting plenty of exercise but I am still not losing any weight. It really is quite frustrating.

I had a three mile walk this afternoon but most of my steps today are from clearing the kitchen, utility room and hall ready for the decorator coming this tomorrow. We are only having the walls and ceiling done - and could probably have done it ourselves. However, DH is nearly 71 now and has a bad back and I hate painting so we decided to let someone else do it instead.

Mum came for her usual Sunday lunch today but I didn't have to cater for DS and family tonight as they've gone out for the day as a treat for DGD's birthday, which is next week. As I used up leftovers from yesterday for lunch for a change I haven't spent all Sunday cooking.

Lunch: Cheese and bacon vegetable medley (six different veg in it)
    Dinner: Sole in a garlic and herb dusting with jacket potato and peas.
    Snack: Hard boiled egg
    Treats: 4 squares of dark chocolate.
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    Sounds like everyone has been busy and there is some good loses which is great.
    Ive had the usual weekend of going a bit off the rails!
    Yesterday:
    B: 2 egg on toast
    S: 1 biscuit
    L: 2 x crumpets and small fairy cake
    T: oven chips and spicy chicken (coated thing in the oven) 1 x wrap and salad
    S: Drunken crumpet (i was drunk not the crumpet lol)
    1 x beer, 4 glasses of wine and a G&T (Oh dear!)

Today:
    B: bacon, scrambled eggs, beans, mushrooms and toast
    L: 1 x crumpet, small fairy cake
    S: 1 x celebration choc
    D: Roast pork dinner
    S: Probably a couple of lindt balls

I have done a fair bit of walking this weekend but i really need to get back into my exercise DVD

There's a programme on tomorrow 8:30pm on channel 4 i think called, secrets of slim people there was 1 episode about a year ago and it was a really interesting show so many be worth a watch
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure