EON Smart Meters

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 February 2020 at 4:35PM
    jimexbox said:
    EON have confirmed I can never have a smart meter. Unboarded loft and flue is not visible from the loft hatch. Loft can't be boarded due to strut placement. Oh well, not too fussed. 
    Hello jimexbox and I understand where you're coming from. There are a number of properties similar to yours where the existing circumstances are particularly challenging.
    We're working to overcome these difficulties so all our customers have the option of smart meters.
    We'll be in touch once we've a solution so we can offer to install a SMETS2 smart meter. I'm not sure about timescales for this particular issue at the moment.
    Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hi @E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Many thanks for your reply.  I've just got the Activate your account email BUT the link doesn't work and neither does the link to use if the link in the email doesn't work, both say service unavailable.  Any idea when this will be up and running at all?
    I also tried the Login button on the site and that also says unavailable :(
    Thanks
    Kev
  • kev2009
    Just tried again and now I've been able to activate the account.  Now just waiting welcome back and then will submit readings probably the weekend before I switch to make them as close as possible.
    Thanks
    Kev
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    edited 28 February 2020 at 3:47PM
    kev2009 said:
    Many thanks for your reply.  I've just got the Activate your account email BUT the link doesn't work and neither does the link to use if the link in the email doesn't work, both say service unavailable.  Any idea when this will be up and running at all?
    I also tried the Login button on the site and that also says unavailable :(
    Thanks
    Kev

kev2009 said:
    Just tried again and now I've been able to activate the account.  Now just waiting welcome back and then will submit readings probably the weekend before I switch to make them as close as possible.
    Thanks
    Kev
    Hello Kev and I'm sorry about the earlier online problems. The website has struggled intermittently this week and it looks like it was down when you originally tried to activate your online account. It's good you've been able to sort this and many thanks for sticking with it.
    With the opening meter readings, we'll email within our reading window to ask for them. This is open 7-10 days before the Supply Start Date. We'll start your account to readings received in this window and also send them to your old supplier so they can use them to close their account and issue a final bill. This makes sure the same energy is only charged once.
    Now you've an online account, you can see how things are going through the 'Track My Switch' tool.
    Thanks for your patience Kev.
    Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • kev2009
    Many thanks, not got the welcome pack yet but will look forward to it arriving.  The websites gives dates I need to submit a reading so unless they change, i'll aim to provide them within those dates.
    Thanks
    Kev
    edited 3 March 2020 at 4:10PM
    kev2009 said:
    Many thanks, not got the welcome pack yet but will look forward to it arriving.  The websites gives dates I need to submit a reading so unless they change, i'll aim to provide them within those dates.
    Thanks
    Kev
    You're welcome Kev. Happy to help.
    Just a quick heads up. We're carrying out some maintenance to the website tonight. It'll be out of action from 10pm tonight until tomorrow morning.
    Thanks Kev.
    Malc
  • It has only just come to my attention that Npower is now part of E.ON. Does this mean that my ex NPower SMETS V1 Smart Meters could be resurrected without having to wait for the upgrade ? I think in August when my tarriff ends I'm going to be forced into a V2 replacement anyway by new T&Cs.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It has only just come to my attention that Npower is now part of E.ON. Does this mean that my ex NPower SMETS V1 Smart Meters could be resurrected without having to wait for the upgrade ? I think in August when my tarriff ends I'm going to be forced into a V2 replacement anyway by new T&Cs.
    The suppliers are desperately trying to get people to install new smart meters. If you already have them (albeit SMETS1), then I don't think that you will be high priority to have a SMETS2 replacement. The current pandemic has probably put the roll out programme back by several more years!!
  • pete-20-11
    pete-20-11 Posts: 650 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    EON are doing it again - two text messages saying that as part of my tariff I agreed to have smart meters fitted (which isn't true according to the terms and conditions!)

I was in discussions with Ofgem about this back in Feb, so I will send them the latest screenshots for their enjoyment. 

The last line of their email was

"I would therefore like to thank you for the information that you have provided and I would be grateful if you could please share any correspondence that you have received from E.ON that states that you must arrange for a smart meter installation. Ofgem is interested in any widespread non-compliance with the licence conditions and any examples of communications sent to customers are important to us."

So if anyone else has examples of this - drop them an email with the evidence to here: ConsumerAffairs@ofgem.gov.uk
    PPI success. Banding success. Double Dip PCN cancelled! South facing solar (Midlands) and battery. Savings Session supporter.
  • grimble37
    grimble37 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I got them again too, what a bunch of time-wasting dorks they are. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback