Default Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2019

Options

Comments

• VWPolecat
    Options
    I am stuck in Las Vegas due to the snow. The I 15 and the 95 are closed so I can't get to LA.
    20F below normal temps. Hopefully I will escape tomorrow before Fri and Sat non MSE hotel prices.
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Options
    Hovis91 wrote: »
    It's with a heavy heart that I say that i won't be going to Las Vegas anymore. My OH ... my lovely husband passed away suddenly 4 weeks ago.We enjoyed 18+ trips there going every year ...we even went in November but I know I could never go again without him.So to all of you who are going this year ... Enjoy xxx

I am so so sorry xx
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Booked for June woohoo!! Return from Vegas to Heathrow has a stop at Seattle. Land at Seattle at 14.04 and take off for heathrow at 15.20. Has anyone experienced this and is it doable. I'm guessing it's doable as it's advertised on the Virgin website but would love to hear anyone's experience.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How much cheaper was it than going direct? Seems a lot of faff and a risk of missing the connection with a 75 minute gap.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How much cheaper was it than going direct? Seems a lot of faff and a risk of missing the connection with a 75 minute gap.
    We quite like going indirect as it Breaks the trip up.

1x7 hour leg then off the plane, collect luggage, take through customs, then onto transit belt.

Usually time for a proper lunch then another 4 hour leg.

You will only be sold a ticket if it meets the airlines conformance times for that airport. In the event you miss it you will be put on the next available flight FOC.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options

We do it a lot, try finding a direct flight from Norwich.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    parkrunner wrote: »
    Booked for June woohoo!! Return from Vegas to Heathrow has a stop at Seattle. Land at Seattle at 14.04 and take off for heathrow at 15.20. Has anyone experienced this and is it doable. I'm guessing it's doable as it's advertised on the Virgin website but would love to hear anyone's experience.

Will be ok if you are not late, I wouldn’t want to do it on way out but easier on return
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Of approx. 15 visits, the majority in Winter months we have never flown direct. Much more choice for indirect in Winter from Manchester. Only had one major delay returning via Phoenix in Dec 18 but delays can happen on direct flights of course.

I appreciate that indirect usually takes longer and we get to our hotel in the evening rather than afternoon but it works for us.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    We do it a lot, try finding a direct flight from Norwich.

Yes but I doubt Norwich has direct flights to Seattle either :)
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Around £280 each, far better than the last time I did it.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport