Default Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2019

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 5 February 2019 at 11:08PM
    Options
    Brats64 wrote: »
    Question for anyone who gets comped rooms every year.

We have been going for a lot of years now, and we never even had a sniff of a comp until last year.
    We used a 2 night comp at MGM, and a comped room at Orleans...must be gambling a little more.

Anyway, we don’t go until October this year, so any offers won’t show for some months.
    But looking at my Mlife account today shows that there is offers for comped rooms on most MGM properties...nothing for the top ones though...obviously still don’t gamble enough for those.

Anyway, say that later in the year we have similar comps offered i.e. multiple hotels...can we use free rooms in more than one hotel per trip ?

I seem to think I remember something about 72 hours between comped stays.If that is the case, does that mean we can use a comped room at say Mirage, pay for a stay elsewhere for a few days, then use another comped room at say Luxor ?

I rarely stay at any MGM properties ( still get comps at the lower end ones though) so cant say exactly ,but can say that Caesers (total rewards) wont let you have more than 5 nights in a row and there has to be a 72 hour gap.

Our may trip is all comped , 1 night at Sams town (B connected) 4 nights at Caesers,(total rewards) 3 nights at California (B connected) and then 2 nights at Planet Hollywood( Total rewards).

splitting them like that was the only way to get all 10 nights comped
  • green.lander_2
    Options
    Hello, going to Vegas next month with wife. 1) can you hire a mobility scooter and 2) how easy is it to get around the strip if you have a mobility scooter, Thanks
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, going to Vegas next month with wife. 1) can you hire a mobility scooter and 2) how easy is it to get around the strip if you have a mobility scooter, Thanks
    Yes you can hire them and they will even deliver it for you and Vegas is very easy to get around on a scooter. Its very accessible.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Brats64 wrote: »
    Question for anyone who gets comped rooms every year.

We have been going for a lot of years now, and we never even had a sniff of a comp until last year.
    We used a 2 night comp at MGM, and a comped room at Orleans...must be gambling a little more.

Anyway, we don’t go until October this year, so any offers won’t show for some months.
    But looking at my Mlife account today shows that there is offers for comped rooms on most MGM properties...nothing for the top ones though...obviously still don’t gamble enough for those.

Anyway, say that later in the year we have similar comps offered i.e. multiple hotels...can we use free rooms in more than one hotel per trip ?

I seem to think I remember something about 72 hours between comped stays.If that is the case, does that mean we can use a comped room at say Mirage, pay for a stay elsewhere for a few days, then use another comped room at say Luxor ?

Are you a MyVegas member?
    Last year got comped 3 nights (paying resort fee though!) at Excalibur - got 4 nights for this year's trip at MGM Grand.
    These were on the MyVegas website not through playing the game.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MLIFE:

If your seeing the comp offers now in your account, which should cover upto 31st July (corp comp from mlife group), then you will get similar type of offer when the next batch comes out, so booking for Oct = no probs :)

On Comps...
    With my road trip I did with my Dad in Sep last year, I used a 4 night comp to stay at the Mandalay Bay in the 2bedroom suite...
    The comp value of the room was $2800.
    In theory, I should have had a coin in value of over $10k per day I think, but given I get zero luck in the Mbay, I gambled elsewhere and spent maybe $1k total in the MBay !! :D:D:D

Rule of thumb is, if don't play/spend as such with the comp's, they reduce the following year.......
    However, i still got the same offers, including the 2bed suite in mbay !

As for using for the MLife offer (Brats)
    If you see 1 Corp offer which lists a few hotels, once you book a room from that offer, it will be gone, its a one use only.
    If you have offers from specific hotels, then you could use both offers, as long as there are 3 days gap in-between offers...

My trip end of May = 4 nts Luxor (hotel offer) + 3 nites C Palace + 4 nites in an Mlife hotel (Corp offer , just undecided which place to stay at...... haven't stayed at Bellagio, Vdara or NyNy as yet....... )
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't see it mentioned on here, but I've just seen on Youtube & Twitter that the Stratosphere is going to re-branded & renamed.
    The new name is..........(get ready to be underwhelmed)

'The Strat'.

Now, I wonder how much they paid someone to come up with that.

I've also heard that they have done the rooms up, but I've never stayed there, so I don't know if it's a major improvement or not.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ah...All my comped offers are under one link “your Mlife gaming offer”

It has multiple hotels with comped rooms when clicking through.
    So I guess that means I can only use one hotel comp.

Never mind, I suppose I can wait until myvegas hotel rewards show up for later in the year and use one of them.
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    'The Strat'.

Now, I wonder how much they paid someone to come up with that.

That is a unique name, I have never heard it be called that before:(
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    That is a unique name, I have never heard it be called that before:(

😂😂😂 Hahaha
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    It's with a heavy heart that I say that i won't be going to Las Vegas anymore. My OH ... my lovely husband passed away suddenly 4 weeks ago.We enjoyed 18+ trips there going every year ...we even went in November but I know I could never go again without him.So to all of you who are going this year ... Enjoy xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure