I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh Mooloo not good with so much happening at once. Hope the little boy will be getting the best care possible.
    So much change at once. I think your mum is pretty well struggling with the going abroad now. It does take away your respite if she's not going to France .

Maybe think of short breaks in the UK so you at least get a change of scene.Not the same as time to yourself but can't think of an alternative. Perhaps she'll need to get over the loss of her friend and may try France again .

Hope the pain goes away . I rarely have stomach problems but stress is a trigger . Unless you have bookings today could you go home a little earlier?
    Keep plodding
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Kept plodding as had 7 fittings today.
    Sold some beautiful fabric to a lady who wants me to make her an evening dress out of it for a do she is having next year, she saw one of my men's waistcoats and her husband is going to have it. And will commission others, he has 20 waistcoats!
    The tummy is still not right, and I have started coughing and sneezing now.
    I am going to have a soak in the bath while my chicken is in the oven.
    DS did the loo seat. Yeah.
    My Smol washing tabs arrived just in time. The loo rolls from the other company should be coming this month! It's taken over 6 months for us to use the box of 48. So my loo rolls still all have Christmas paper on them!
    Right bath here I come
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's grandson - such worrying time for his family :(

I am also sorry that you are not going to get a proper break from your mum this year. No matter how much we love them, caring takes its toll and no-one can keep going 365 without damaging their own wellbeing.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better today. There seem to be lots of bugs and viruses doing the rounds recently and hayfever is a real problem too.

I'm so glad DS did the loo seat . One positive tick in the box. I'm fascinated reading of your uses for the lid .It's never occurred to me it had so many uses - there could be an Ebook there Mooloo.
    My son stood on ours in his late teens to try to fix the window which was sticking he's 6ft 4ins and his foot went straight through the lid. From then on wooden seats have been in use here and no standing on them!

It's very good news you sold the fabric and got the evening dress order .
    Along with the waistcoat it sounds as though you've come across a couple who could be ordering in the future . I've never encountered a waistcoataholic but it sounds like every seamstresses dream . You could end up sick of the sight of waistcoats but it's all money in the pot .

Hope you enjoy the BH . We came home last night through a hailstorm , today is cool but sunny so I hope you and our friends here enjoy the break.
    pollyx

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,612 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Mooloo if Mum doesn't go to sister in France, can sister not come here for a week now and then? She can then look after Mum while you have some respite.

I seem to recall Brother does this already, can he increase his visits?
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm glad you have some work coming in Mooloo.

Unlike you, I am not creative. However, I did a glass mosaic workshop yesterday and really enjoyed it. No glue was used so I got away without gluing my finger to the end of my nose. I am such a klutz!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am still here.
    Just taking time out and reassessing life.
    My vulnerability is obviously my family.
    I will never manage to be so strong as to refuse them.
    I try and I spend hours demonstrating my self.
    I have choices that many never will. I pray that nobody ever had to deal with the issues I have X but I am realistic that millions probably will.
    Today I decided to open a new chapter in my life.
    I choose to accept what happens but I also choose to rise above it all.
    I want to tell you about recent events that the gf is attempting to crucify DS, but I better not. I wish that a few weeks down the line that a compromise was seen between them and the children were the only factor
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    While you're taking time out will you make that Drs appointment once the holiday is over Mooloo? You haven't been well recently and it sounds as though you need a thorough checkup and the shoulder etc looked at too.

I'm just watching Victoria and I suspect things are about to go wrong for Sophie and her footman.

Hope you sleep tonight. Keep plodding!
    pollyx

• Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I don't know history well enough, but think the footman will be a sacrifice.'
    My life is unusual I admit.
    It is never to plan.
    I wish I could tell you about the antics of the GF but I would definitely be in breach of the advice of less social media. I just hope that official people see the truth.
    Although I doubt that it will be easy,

Boys are home again.
    I will just treasure the here and now, because tomorrow it will probably be all changed again.

I will be positive now
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    If you're planning to catch up on Victoria at some point I'm not going to spoil it but I didn't expect what happened.

Just take each moment as it comes . Enjoy your time with the little ones and try to be in the moment right now rather than looking ahead and overthinking .

Now isn't the time for any of us to be advising or expressing our thoughts but we will be supporting you however things go.

Take care and make that appointment and that's all !
    pollyx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport