I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry I haven’t got any words of wisdom, but from someone who reads daily, I just want to send hugs to you all.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have sent you a reply Mooloo . Not sure if it's the site or my laptop but hit and miss with PMs tonight .
    Everything crossed and some hugs
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No words of wisdom either but sending my good thoughts.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    We're getting them back as soon as there is a police officer available to meet DS at the house. She is non the wiser yet but she will soon find out the error of her ways.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    We're getting them back as soon as there is a police officer available to meet DS at the house. She is non the wiser yet but she will soon find out the error of her ways.

Hopefully very soon then.
    Fingers & toes crossed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope that the children are back with you now Mooloo. You must be at the end of your tether! (((Hugs)))X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    That's wonderful to hear Mooloo. Such a worrying time for you all . I reckon she's shot herself in the foot now.
    Sorry for the pretty useless hug earlier , there really were no more words
    pollyx.

• tw1nklestar
    tw1nklestar Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Hopefully the police have been to meet with DS and the babies are safe back at home - so much upheaval in their little lives. Is there any IDAS hostels available to men who have children? Just thinking with their hands on care and counselling, budgeting and help with the knowledge that you are safe might be just what would be needed x
    olympic challenge starting 7/1/07:j
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Okay, prepared to be shot down!

I fully understand your son has made allegations against her and how hard this is, but could she possibly say the same.

I think they've both tried and I hope there's a resolution.

Why should she need to hand the boys over she has as many rights as your son to have them in her care. There's been no court order and why should she have agreed to visitation in a contact centre when there's no order. I'm sure they have more than one coat and pair of shoes, so comments about that are petty and others saying otherwise sigh. Your dd may be a social worker but they've been in the news plenty with they're decision. I know someone where a social worker came late at night told to hand the kid over didn't, guess what she has the child and the other parent doesn't see the now adult and never has, fact.

Hopefully it's now resolved, I am all for you mooloo but just had to say. Wishing you luck.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Hopefully the police have been to meet with DS and the babies are safe back at home - so much upheaval in their little lives. Is there any IDAS hostels available to men who have children? Just thinking with their hands on care and counselling, budgeting and help with the knowledge that you are safe might be just what would be needed x

Unless the policy has recently changed IDAS are unable to accommodate males . Focus is on Mothers and their children . Think there are a few outreach centres but not sure if they can take children too .

pollyx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport