I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I had a bowl of cereal at work.
    I couldn't get on, even though it was a slow day. I sold a couple of pieces of fabric and elastic and 4 zips. Hardly took £60.
    Lots of people asking where I am moving and what a shame I am closing the shop. But when they only spend £3 and only come in once in a blue moon then obviously I cannot justify not making a wage easily. It's just too hit and miss.
    I am babysitting as social set up a meeting with DS and the GF to try and reach a compromise I suppose.
    I have just put the baby to bed.
    Will put the lad up in about 30 minutes as I am hoping that he will sleep a bit later in the morning.
    I am concerned about DS and how he copes and hope that they don't resort to a slanging match.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Another call from the police to say sorry that they couldn't get to me yesterday and they would try again today. I did say that I didn't know where I would be, that they didn't have to come as it was Saturday but they said they wanted to speak to my Son as well.
    DS went to meet up with the ExGF and the social worker at her house. They have made some contact arrangement for later today and on Sunday.
    I just hope she doesn't try to do anything funny. Apparently she refused contact on Friday because she won't meet at the children's centre? Strange. She hurled insults about me and acussed me of being a lady of the night infront of the social worker, (that just shows her mentality then!), and she has given up her job. Although the house is apparently clean now. She would not allow DS to get the babies shoes or coat, or have birth certificates etc to be able to claim the universal credits etc.
    So I have just ordered them on line from the council.
    She recons she is going for full custody of the boys, well I will hope she doesn't but that is not down to me.
    I hope that the powers that be will be very careful about who has the children, and that both of them are checked out properly. I don't know if DS will be able to have them because of the history but as he has learned from his mistakes he might be lucky. I really don't want to do the job again.
    Although last night he said that he realised he would struggle to get housed because of the rent arrears etc so he will be with me a while. ( he joked about 6 years!). Eek

Right a bouncing monkey is driving me nuts I better take him down stairs.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 April 2019 at 11:20AM
    Options
    If the SW who was present does her job I doubt gf will have helped herself during the contact . Refusing to meet at the Childrens centre is a red flag as is not allowing your son to take the babys' coat and shoes . If she was that concerned she wouldn't be depriving her own child of necessities .

I choked on my brew at the Lady of the night accusation . Apart from your daily workload beyond normal working hours and provable , even you couldn't work all night too.
    Maybe she's confused with the Seamstress title . Terry Pratchetts' Seamstresses' Guild aka Ladies of Negotable Affection comes to mind.!

Hope the solicitor your son saw was able to offer some good advice . If the police do turn up it's helpful for things to be logged by them even though it was days ago.

The house being clean now while good is just one aspect of what will be expected SS know One swallow does not a summer make . Her attitude and accusations along with refusal to attend the C Centre and release her childs belongings aren't positive actions.

Hope today goes well .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Nervously waiting to find out if everything goes smoothly with contact.
    My nerves really are stretched too much at the moment.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I was right. She won't let him have the kids.
    Here we go. Hell. Life is hell.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Surely that is up to SS's & not GF?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pollyanna_26
    edited 3 April 2019 at 7:58PM
    Options
    Don't worry Mooloo Don't know whether she's said this to SS or just your son or others but as you know there is a legal process to follow when deciding access and if it comes to it who will care for the children when parents are apart .There's a way to go on this and she can say what she likes but the law doesn't work that way .

Just make sure your sons solicitor and SS are up to date on this.
    pollyx

• hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo, what an utter pile of poo this all is :( I'm sorry that I cannot offer any words of wisdom, but I have some (((hugs))) if you would like them!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Solicitor called, police called, social called. Now we wait.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    I've sent you a pm Mooloo.
    pollyx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport