I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hope that you get some sleep.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight Mooloo.

It is good that your son has now admitted that he needs help, that is the first step.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    It's only 10.30 and I am shattered!
    I did get a decent night once the boys were asleep around 9.45 they slept until 6.40 this morning. But boy I am feeling my age. The nearly 4 year old doesn't listen, and although his temper is better then it used to be, he doesn't listen and is hard work. He can open the gate and his brother just follows him.
    I am up and down like a yo-yo.
    Certainly proves that I don't want to do this all the time!
    It also proves that my home is a mine field for children.
    The eldest wants to play in the garden but it's too cold and wet under foot, and not secure with the fence down between us and the building site next door and now the other side are out there mending fences as the fence between us is coming down with all the wind.

Dgd is on her Xbox, limited access at weekends only now. Mind you if I could escape children I would, so I do not blame her.
    If we have to host them all here for a while I really am going to have to baby proof better or I will be a nervous wreck. Unfortunately I have only just turned my front room into a workshop area so that doesn't help much.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hope the rest of the weekend goes well . The 7 year old will be hard work , he's had a lot of change and disruption . I'm glad you can see permanent wouldn't have worked . If you hope to make the back garden more child friendly I'd be asking ds to do the work , you've enough to do already . I'd keep the front door locked and leave the front garden alone, they're too young to be out near traffic safely

Glad you managed some sleep eventually .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    My back garden is currently not safe. Front is a car park, definitely not safe.
    4 year old can open doors and gates. The second he does it's like escape for Colditz. ..
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    Forumite
    I've just remembered one of my children was like Houdini so I used bungee cords to secure the safety gates . It has to be done in a way you can quickly open the gate in emergency but does slow down escapees .

I hope your son gets some decent support re the dv . To be honest he'd be better without her . It sounds to me as if she needs help herself and it's a shame her family seem to have left her to cope alone when it's clear she can't . I hope the meeting goes well and something helpful is proposed .
    pollyx

• hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I remember my nephew leading a 'break-out' from nursery! It's so hard with these little Houdinis :( I was fortunate that my son wasn't very adventurous, so I never had to deal with the worry of potential escapes. I feel for you Mooloo as I really don't think I could do that all over again!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Peace!!!
    Feet up
    Tea
    Possibly sleeping very soon. If not it will be an early night that is for sure.
  • pollyanna_26
    Forumite
    Close your eyes and have a little nap , it sounds as though you've earned it .
    pollyx

• Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Night all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure