I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 March 2019 at 10:56PM
    Well done on the online sales. The universe seems to have your back now with the gifted fabrics and the possibility of getting back into upcycling and revamping and enjoying being creative .

If you're cutting down on the wine it's worth noting if you have less stomach problems as a result .
    Aprons still sell well in this area . They became very popular a few years ago in the retro/vintage home trend and with other retro items still sell well .
    Wishing you a good day tomorrow.
    pollyx

Just noticed your post above . I found floaty summer maxi skirts were always popular . You could use lacy fabrics or embroidered pieces depending on skirt fabric weight to add applique . I've also got a couple of coats with patterned collar and cuff edgings which make them individual .
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Do people actually buy aprons anymore?

Looks like it. I checked Etsy and over 7000 items listed.
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/search/handmade?q=aprons&explicit=1&locationQuery=2635167
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Do people actually buy aprons anymore?
    My late mother always wore an apron around the house, reckoned it kept her clothes clean. and I did a cookery course the other day and we were all given aprons to wear and I could see how sensible it was.

I just never think to put one of Mum's aprons on when I'm cooking at home ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    My late mother always wore an apron around the house, reckoned it kept her clothes clean. and I did a cookery course the other day and we were all given aprons to wear and I could see how sensible it was.

I just never think to put one of Mum's aprons on when I'm cooking at home ...

my Nan always wore an overall, on top of her clothes.Not sure if it's a Northern thing though:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    candygirl wrote: »
    my Nan always wore an overall, on top of her clothes.Not sure if it's a Northern thing though:D

I don't remember ever seeing that, although I am a Midlander, not Northern.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    hb2 wrote: »
    I don't remember ever seeing that, although I am a Midlander, not Northern.

Yes my granny from Youkshire always had an overall or a tabard with pockets in the front for her hankie, etc etc

I have been awake for an hour with so much going on in my head. I had dreamt that I was opening a new premises, and woke up so disoriented thinking god I have gone and over committed myself trying to open another place. Took me quite a while to realise it was a dream.

I am giving up trying to get back to sleep now.
    Perhaps I will go and make something up, and see what I can do in the next hour instead of flicking through Facebook or Pinterest etc.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    candygirl wrote: »

Mine too, in Wales. Like a cross body tied wrap type apron, I have one of my other nan's [in Italy] very similar wraps upstairs.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • supermezzo
    supermezzo Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    My gran always wore a pinny, too. Very often, in fact, wore it outside the house as she forgot she had it on and got the bus to the shops, visit friends etc. Always a source of great amusement when she turned up wearing it (and on occasion, her slippers too). :-0 I have vague recollections of us having matching aprons, though, so making a set up of one adult and a matching smaller one would be great Mum's day presents...

As an aside (and a tad ahead of time, granted) what about using the remnants to make pencil cases as end of term presents for teachers?
    It aint over til I've done singing....
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Mooloo, I also had some very strange dreams last night and had to remind myself vert firmly that they were only dreams!

Talking about aprons, I somehow got it into my head that people were wearing them over their outdoor clothes :o I have, of course, seem lot of women wearing aprons!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aprons for little children are popular for cooking and craft. So are coveralls to keep them fully protected.

I have an apron, I asked for it as a present last Christmas.

Could you consider personalised pinnys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport