I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Ps. Managed to say no to twin 2 asking for £30 for her electric. Feeling awful but I know that I can not do it!!

Hard as it is it is the right thing.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ps. Managed to say no to twin 2 asking for £30 for her electric. Feeling awful but I know that I can not do it!!

Well done! She is a survivor (like you) and she will find that £30 from somewhere ...even if it is only £10 needed for the leccy and £20 for a take-away ;-)

Count that as a bonus for today xx
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You've done amazingly well over the last few days Mooloo . So much done and a chance for some creativity along the way . Selling the machines is a big win

I'm glad your family lunch has helped clarify your future plans and it's good to know your much loved treadle is going to a good home .
    Well done on not sending the money to twin2 . Never apologise or explain is your best way forward from now on .
    Onwards and forward.
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Bedtime dgd and I watched one of her movies on Netflix and she didn't moan about anything.
    She has started on the drums much to the jappy dogs next door's dismay.
    Me I think it's "payback " time for all the noise that they have given us for the last 8 1/2 years!

Night night zzzz
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    She has started on the drums much to the jappy dogs next door's dismay.
    Me I think it's "payback " time for all the noise that they have given us for the last 8 1/2 years!
    I did wonder where the drums were being set up. Do just be aware that you might have been more tolerant of the dogs than your neighbours will be of the drums: I'd hate you to end up facing a noise complaint from your housing association on top of everything else!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    I did wonder where the drums were being set up. Do just be aware that you might have been more tolerant of the dogs than your neighbours will be of the drums: I'd hate you to end up facing a noise complaint from your housing association on top of everything else!

I will limit her
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Feeling positive today despite awful weather and a fairly quiet shop. I am not getting as much sewn as I would like, but sorting things as well means that I cannot do everything.
    I have been sifting through the fabric at home looking for more dog/cat fabrics but only found a small piece. I was given another bag of fabric from another lady today. Haven't really had time to go through it. I will take a look on Thursday.
    I am home tomorrow morning and while I wait for trades people to arrive I will aim to get the suitcases etc up into the loft, and make the beds up for the boys at the weekend. Then visiting Mum, some shopping to collect, and babysitting for Biggest as usual for a Wednesday.
    Watching the sewing Bee this evening really inspired me to want to recycle even more of my fabric etc.
    I am going to have to find some extra time somewhere to create like I used to.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    So my messenger notifications show that the GF of DS has been ignoring council tax bills at the old address, and they have sent bailiffs to Biggests !! At some stage she has used Biggests as a c/o address. So over £1400 bill plus court fees are on it.
    Well that's not good is it. And no I am not helping. If one or other, or both get arrested or whatever the consequences are- tough. Not my problem.
    DS is supposed to be coming over today to help me get the room ready for the boys so I will be telling him.

On Monday twin 2 asked for £30 for electric. I said no.
    She lives in a shared house so someone else can lend them it, or they will all be sat in the dark!

I will not be the go too!
    I will not give in.
    Not my problem!!
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Continue to stay strong, well done on not giving in.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It never ends does it? I can't remember if ds was living with her in the last house or if it was the previous address he left for a while . If he was living there then they're jointly liable as a household . Did Biggest give her permission to use her address? If not she must be rightly furious .
    Was CTR being paid direct to them? They need bills on direct debit or direct payments to the landlord and council . Even if your son wasn't liable he needs to make it clear to her you can go to prison for not paying CT. You've done your best to get your son paying bills , it's a pity her family wont make some effort to advise her .

Stay strong - Not your circus , not your monkeys!

Enjoy your time with Mum .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport