Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019 - Page 127

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

2.1K replies 510.5K views

Replies

• JILJIL Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I work in an office of 250 people and by their standards mooloos life is not chaotic. I have seen much worse than mooloos experience.

All anyone on here will get is mooloos side. They wont get to know how her grand daughter feels or how the boys feel.

Cut mooloo some slack. Give some support and stop being so judgemental.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helebore wrote: »
    Mooloo have just sent you a message!
    Helena

Thankyou.
    I am tired and a little stressed so maybe not so polite.
    I just spent 8 hours in the car driving to Kent and back to collect Dgd who is I'll and wanted to come home. Poor girl had to hug a bucket the 160 miles home.

But she is home
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    annandale wrote: »
    What does your son give to your household in way of income? Is it zero? You’ve lost money from him coming to live with you. He’s in lots of debt.

Do I think you have done the right thing taking in your grandkids? Yes.

But. Your kids use you. Your son has money for weed. Alcohol. X box.

You wonder why your grand daughter is upset? Her life is chaotic. You do your best for everyone. But nothing changes.

It’s not needing to be needed. You and your kids are in some kind of a co dependent relationship.

Other people would have closed the purse long ago and let them get on with it. They are adults. Your daughter uses you as an unpaid babysitter. Your other daughters use you when they want cash.

And your son is what? 27?

Tell your son to find his own home. He needs to stand on his own two feet.

He’s got thousands of pounds of debt and he’s got cash for drink and drugs.

He’s a waste of space. Get rid. He’s treating you like a mug. All your kids are.

Your insults are not welcome
    M
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning.
    Struggling to wake up this morning. I had wanted to be up earlier but taking my tablets late means I am still tired, on top of a long day and a late night.
    Dgd has managed to get some sleep. She's still asleep so I will leave her for now, and see how she is in a couple of hours and wether I will need to take her to the walk in clinic or not.
    Dgs has still got preschool this week.
    DS doesn't have any work today so he can deal with the children and I can do my work. Although it is my birthday and I usually try to take the day off, with all of the interruptions I need to sew today.
  • TikitakiTikitaki Forumite
    8 posts
    Third Anniversary First Post
    You know something Mooloo it shows how much that little girl thinks of you that when she is poorly she wants to come home and thats with you!

My God some people live in such perfect little bubbles preaching all their nonsense! God forbid their bubble bursts!!!!!

Big hug lovely xxx
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • TikitakiTikitaki Forumite
    8 posts
    Third Anniversary First Post
    Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🥰
  • maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mooloo I am delurking to send you virtual hugs and birthday wishes, have the best day that you can x
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • whiteguineapigwhiteguineapig Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Mooloo try not to work too hard, make time for cake!
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in my cabin.
    Peace quiet and alterations.
    Perfect

Thankyou for the birthday wishes.
    DS has bought me a Mug with Supermum and it has a flying cape!! (I think it was probably from his GF but it is nice to be given a present from him it's the first in many years.
    Also a lovely card with thanks for being a special mum and friend too.

Right
    Sewing time
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Mooloo! I hope that your day is filled with love, even if it wasn't the one you planned (((hugs))) :bdaycake: :beer:
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.