PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    TamsinC wrote: »

1667 - 1766 there was at least one hundred sheets of paper
    1767 a very large old dried and mainly dead hebe bush burnt
    1768 - 1790 various other parts of trees and fallen branches, buckets of dried weeds also tossed onto the fire.
    1791 - 1833 recycling done, mainly more paper decluttering
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • Catcrazy
    Catcrazy Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Here goes.
    1-2 2 pairs of worn out leggings.recycle
    3-5 3 pairs of shoes to charity shop
    6-candles to CS
    7 -17 magazines to GP surgery
    18 teapot CS
    19-26 glasses to CS.
    27-31 old tins of paint binned.
    32 large piece of bubble wrap- charity shop.
  • oceanspirit
    oceanspirit Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 11 August 2019 at 11:29AM
    Options
    Lost the day to fatigue yesterday. Friday's decluttering:-

3 x elastic bands - binned
    1 x piece plastic - binned
    1 x used xmas paper napkin (!) - binned

Total 5

19 old emails deleted

Tomorrow's main job will be to join the queue of people phoning the local fence man!
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Feeling disappointed. I have kept some large plastic milk bottles for use in garden, plant labels/watering cans etc and used some for storing lentils/pasta etc but now cannot use any more so have 3 JIC and now, I will have to de-clutter some more, along with marg tubs kept for portion freezing - got lots now. I know its not good to get rid of plastic but what else can I do. Also, when I top up my weekly meds, all those plastic and metal pill strips, had a look at ideas but do not want to make picture surrounds, nice tho they are. Re-cycling - tried my best.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 August 2019 at 4:30PM
    Options
    I used up the last of a facial oil and an air freshener today.

I got a new shoe rack delivered yesterday so we had lots of packaging to go into the recycling bin along with our normal stuff.

I added a cardigan and another top to the donation bag as well.

I threw away a brush from a dustpan and brush set.
    I do need to start thinking about writing C******** cards :rotfl:

:eek: What?!:D:p
  • leelad
    leelad Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello MrsSD & fellow declutterers, arrived back at home last night from 6 days holiday yesterday in the North East (Newcastle). Had a good time, nice part of the world and good people as well. While we were away, the ceiling in our daughter's bedroom was deemed unsafe by the decorator and plasterer. So she has had a new ceiling, boarded and plastered. The contents of the previous ceiling were waiting for us when we got back last night. So all in all 14 bags of rubble, rotten wood boards, and old carpets which had been used for packing & insulation purposes. Spent 2 hours today shuttling backwards and forwards between home and the tip and back to dispose of said waste. I know that it's not decluttering (strictly speaking), but a lot of effort was required to get rid of this waste. Daughter's room is now an empty shell until decorator starts work this week hopefully. She is now sleeping downstairs for next two weeks. I'm sure that more proper decluttering of the attic where all her belongings are currently will take place this week. Let's see how the week pans out.
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lacking motivation today, so just minimal decluttering done

1393 - Plastic bottle to recycling
    1394 - 1398 Toilet roll inners to recycling
    1399 - Can to recycling
    1400 - 1402 Magazines to recycling
    1403 - 1404 Glass jars to recycling
    1405 - 1406 Shoe boxes to recycling

Bin bags out for the morning

All washing and ironing up to date and put away
    Dust bunnies removed in the lounge, hall and landing

Hubby and son on their way back from a surfing weekend, they finally got into the water today so the wash basket will soon be refilled :eek:
  • FlyingDonkeys
    Options
    Joining this

Here's to a bag a day
    clear books August
    Clear papers August

Good luck everyone
    Flying Donkeys- Do no harm to others and you will benefit in more ways than one.
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    to charity shop bag:
    373-375 3 DVD's
    376-377 2 cd's
    378-380 3 miscellaneous items

381 receipts and odd bits of paper recycled
    382 one food item chucked.

Tea time... :coffee:

Oh and I believe it's a bit early for :xmassmile although I know one of my former colleagues will have bought all presents by now...
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Woke up before 8:00 a.m. & decided to get up straight away :D:D Played AB2 whilst drinking my 1st cuppa & then woke DH about 9:00 a.m. so he could start watching the Austrian MotoGP races. I decided to have another go at the wall unit :p managed to condense 5 cubbyholes into 4 by boxing photos & filling a bag for the CS. I now finally have a completely empty cubbyhole :j which I will try to keep empty ;) DH watched his races & is now in the garage continuing his project & DSis has been in her room all day watching Netfl*x ;) apart from a few trips downstairs to make hot drinks or go outside & have a ciggie :)

2595 - 2630 Two drinks cans, empty beer bottle, 2 small cardboard boxes, large cardboard box, booklet, paper packaging, 4 magazines, 24 paper photo packets, - Recycled
    2631 - 2648 One & a half inches of shredding, plastic folder, plastic bag, 5 plastic photo wallets, 2 sets of negatives, 4 lots of 20 photos shredded, 1 lot of 20 photos, small bag of kitchen detritus - Binned
    2649 - 2671 Four sets of postcards (from foreign climes:)), pack of 5 small magnetic photo frames, box file, 8 photo frames of varying sizes & styles, 5 clear plastic wallets, cardboard folder, large photo album, mini photo album, box of 6 delicate brass Christmas decorations - CS

Feeling quite chuffed with myself :D

Now into cheerleading, as quite a few of you are doing rather well :)

short_bird, finding money always a thrill - especially if it is prior to needing it :rotfl:

gilly1964, you only waited 2 hours before trying again :T - I sulked for a day :o Excellent work on the decluttering :T

Well Done :- Barny1979; TamsinC; oceanspirit; Wednesday2000 (if I start early & do a few a day there is no panic nearer the time ;) - don’t forget all my birthday cards to the end of January 2020 are all written, addressed, weighed & marked with a posting date :rotfl: )

Gem-gem, I quite agree & really nice that found out that the jewellery items were reunited with their owners :T Keep up the good work on the decluttering :T

Luciecat63, keep up the good work :T Hopefully you will find that the more you declutter, the mood re you want to declutter :D it can become quite addictive :rotfl: Also well Done on thinking about time for yourself by decluttering a Committee role :D

You are off Catcrazy :T I bet it feels good to have started on your Decluttering journey ;)

whmf00001, at least you have tried :T which is more than I have apart from trying to buy fruit & vegetables loose :o

Nice to hear from you leelad :D Really pleased that you had a nice holiday :) Shame about the ceiling :mad: but you can count the bags to the Tip as decluttering & you should count double as it was such hard work - so PLUS 28 :rotfl: I bet your daughter is really looking forward to her new bedroom :D

See you all tomorrow my decluttering buddies :T

MrsSD
    2671/4038
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure