PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 April 2019 at 2:16AM
    Options
    Last weekend I asked my partner of I could declutter and tidy his wardrobe of clothes.I don't usually touch any of his items (he is a hoarder),but I hand the fingers for sorting through clothes,and I knEw it would add to my numbers for this challenge ��.He was a bit hesitant,but agreed.After about 20 minutes I asked him if he would come and have a look at a few clothes with me,to see if they fitted etc.Two hours later,he had helped me decide what he wants to keep,and what I could get rid of ��.Nobody needs 19 yo underwear ��.

Out of the house:
    Men's clothing donated:
    402-404:3 pr trousers
    405:tracksuit pants
    406:fleece
    407:1 pr shorts
    408-410:3 t-shirts
    411-412:2 shirts
    413:1 polo shirt
    414:silk dressing gown

Mens clothing donated for textile recycling:
    415-416:2 pr jeans
    417:t-shirt
    418:dressing gown

Also donated for textiles
    419-427:9 socks
    428:cotton belt from child's playsuit

Others items donated this week (after being driven around in car for about a week ��):
    429-436:8 stuffed toys,some of them huge!
    437-438:2 cushions
    439: 1 backpack
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 April 2019 at 8:26AM
    Options
    Busy yesterday as I met a friend and then went to a wedding.

Managed to declutter
    431 a broken plant pot.
    432 cardboard box recycled.
    433 more paperwork shredded.
    434-436 off socks thrown away.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Am a bit ashamed to say I have sorted out 12 (yes 12) handbags of various sizes and 1 breifcase style and 1 real ladies briefcase. All ready for CS now. Still have 3 on the go regularly, ridiculous. Also a couple of purses, some still had a couple of £'s in. Disgusting.
    On the plus side, I asked dgs to get my electric drill (never used by me) down off high shelf. I charged the battery up and managed to drill holes in bottom of plastic pots for planting instead of either throwing out or buying new without throwing out old which I would normally do.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Excellent work A Frayed Knot :T As you can see I count CS donations BEFORE they leave the house :o MrsSD
    1307/2019

All my CS donations are still in the "room of doom" :( in bags & boxes, except for the large furniture :o However, happy that a large amount has been sorted through :j and awaiting uplift - whenever that might be :o

And still feeling the great benefit and joys of my kitchen declutter, so much easier to keep on top of everything, just cleared out my fridge - again - I must stop buying so much, or instead of wasting - freezing :)
    Getting there, slowly . . . :beer:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • chocolatelover93
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

cheapsake - sending hugs

De cluttered some more of DS bits to my nephew - some cot bet duvet covers and a cot bet duvet and pair of shoes. That's given me more space in the airing cupboard.

Made DS teddies a lot neater in his bedroom by putting them in the empty ottoman that I found loads of bits in. Still need to list them on FB. Hoping if I leave them out in the open they will annoy me enough to list them on there haha.

Took a couple of purple hair dyes back to B&M and swapped for a brown (bought ages ago, didn't have receipt and they exchanged for me luckily) so that saved me some pennies! The brown will be a lot easier to keep up as the purple needed doing all the time and I am lazy haha. My natural colour is brown but I have some greys creeping in!!

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    gilly1964 wrote: »
    Signing off now for a few days as decluttering ourselves to a cruise ship next weekend and babysitting our grandson tonight whilst Mum, Dad and Grandad are watching the Marvel film at the cinema.
    I've just come back from that film, flipping depressing! Anyway managed to sneakily declutter a spare pair of 3D glasses onto the random man off the internet that I went with :rotfl::rotfl:
    Well Done savvy :T - did you find your eye patch as well :rotfl:
    Hehe I totally did, weirdly I have two of them...pretty sure I've never worn both at the same time :rotfl:
    167/2019
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all ! ( that always sounds like Dixon of Dock Green :D )
    I decided to declutter the chest freezer yesterday so we had HM curry and rice for tea and then I also made today's lunch out of there. We had some pork steaks and lots of bits of "ends of packets" of veg. I now have a bit of room in there instead of trying to shoehorn stuff inside :eek:.

DH decided to do his bit of decluttering too..........by knocking a glass off the kitchen worktop onto the floor and it shattering to smithereens :mad:.
    Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment and some shopping to do, so my purse will also have a good decluttering :(.
    Keep up the good work fellow declutterers :A
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Savvy for that laugh. Your post nearly made me spill my tea all over my laptop :rotfl:.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • notmy1sttime
    Options
    Well today I finally dropped off a couple of CS bags I have been meaning to send for a while, but I added a couple of extra items in before doing so.
    Also, last night I tidied DS teenagers room of doom and came out with one bag of recycling stuff and half bin bag of sweet wrappers, crisp packets etc.
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    All my CS donations are still in the "room of doom" :( in bags & boxes, except for the large furniture :o However, happy that a large amount has been sorted through :j and awaiting uplift - whenever that might be :o

And still feeling the great benefit and joys of my kitchen declutter, so much easier to keep on top of everything, just cleared out my fridge - again - I must stop buying so much, or instead of wasting - freezing :)
    Getting there, slowly . . . :beer:

(((Hugs))) :A

I started counting charity shop donations only once they left the flat, because some were in my 'Hall of Shame' for months. I think the most important things are that we appreciate their removal from the 'home' parts of where we live, and that we do not rescue a series of items earmarked for permanent decluttering.

IMO you are getting there, definitely. :beer:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family