PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• chocolatebum
    Options
    bit more decluttering accomplished today as i was clearing out DD's clothes

47-60 - items to CS as too small for her
    60-65 - clothes to recycling as too poor condition for CS
    65-68 - junk mail into recycling
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 = £21,740.10 - 31/12/2019 = £18,581.29 (14.53% PD)
    31/01/2020 - £18,685.22 (14.05% PD)
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Big bag of plastic etc to recycling bin.

CS bag started with 5 items in already. Scarf dumped as totally jiggered.
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Evening everyone - lots of inspiring posts on here but RL getting in my way - however, today I have had some decluttering success at last!!
    I am still tackling my overcrowded, messy, dusty bedroom - I have shredded numerous old bank statements and recycled loads of other bits of paper and card into the recycling box. I have a large shoebox (actually it had boots in it but bootbox doesn't sound right?!) full of other paperwork to shred. I have put 2 pairs of ankle boots in the charity bag plus a dress and some random necklaces. Don't really count them as decluttered till the bag has gone to the CS; but hoping to add to it next weekend as 3 days off will be good to carry on with my bedroom project...

Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    303 - jumper
    304 - empty bottle that I'd been saving
    305 - huge wad of papers - recycling

306: Broken bin
    306: Broken earrings
    307: plug
    308 & 9 - 2x tops
    310: necklace - to niece to play with
    311: tights
    312: earrings
    313: bracelet
    314: book-mark
    315: devils horns headband
    316: Finally updated my CV :A
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 April 2019 at 11:52PM
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Sunday has been a miserable day - cold, windy & damp/showery - presumably almost ideal conditions for the London Marathon :)
    We were all very lazy today :o DSis & I watched some of the marathon & DH watched some series about the least used railway stations/tube stations - he really enjoys that sort of stuff :D.
    I have gone through one of the boxes from the Under Stairs Cupboard - lots of photos which have been added to the zillions of photos stacked in the wall unit :rotfl: & various brochures, ticket stubs etc from holidays + postcards. Dinner was pork steaks, mash, sweetcorn & garden peas - simple but delicious ��Mrs Fox put in an appearance tonight - she is getting very skinny & has a really bad limp - again. As well as her hot dog sausage we treated her to an egg :D

1322 Set of 11 ‘Great Britons’ postcards - CS bag
    1323 - 1328 Empty beer can, uu glass spice jar, 3 drinks cans, 40 page booklet - Recycled
    1329 - 1330 Out of focus photos + negatives, uu kitchen sponge - Binned

Nice to see you again Cheapskate :hello: Hope you are on the mend & that you successfully eat the elephant :rotfl: If you are noticing clear spaces then the counting does not matter too much :p

Thanks for the info Saver-upper :T will get DSis to contact them tomorrow as it is her wedding dress ;) Getting your DP to curb hoarding tendencies deserves a Gold Star ⭐️- your numbers really did get a big bump up :T.

Well Done - villagelife; whmf00001 (:naughty: There is no shame in finally being able to let go of your handbag & purses stock :rotfl: - they will make a nice display in the cs :T); A Frayed Knot (If your room of doom is full you should definitely plan either a CS collection or a CS delivery - you have done the hard work now you just need to reward yourself by getting rid :rotfl: ); chocolatelover93, keep up the good work & you need to list when the items start wagging their fingers at you :rotfl: ); savvy you did make me :rotfl: - random men & 2 eye patches; nannywindow excellent work on decluttering the freezer contents & hope the dentist visit isn’t too painful physically or monetarily :eek:; notmy1sttime it is so nice when the CS bags have been delivered :T & very brave to enter DS’s room :D; you are so right Fire Fox - :T:T

Well Done chocolatebum, choille, Deni debt-free & somerandom - keep up the good work :-)
    See you later

MrsSD
    1330/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    437 an old skirt thrown away. I had put it to mend but looking at it it needs to be thrown and I haven't missed it in the months it's been waiting for repair.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fire_Fox wrote: »
    (((Hugs))) :A

I started counting charity shop donations only once they left the flat, because some were in my 'Hall of Shame' for months. I think the most important things are that we appreciate their removal from the 'home' parts of where we live, and that we do not rescue a series of items earmarked for permanent decluttering.

IMO you are getting there, definitely. :beer:
    Thanks Fire Fox and Mrs SD - Instead of clutter, its now what I would call - organised clutter :o, at one point there was a dining table & 4 chairs in there, but you wouldn't have known it :rotfl:, they are still there but awaiting CS uplift along with 2 sets of drawers and filled bags/boxes galore, even a microwave and iron, but nowhere near finished yet.

Trouble is, when they are open I'm working and the CS is not open on a Sunday, so hard to arrange pick up and I don't drive :( but I will endeavour to clear out in the next couple of weeks, then I can start again :D meanwhile I will be adding to the piles as much as I can.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • GreenQueen
    GreenQueen Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    savvy wrote: »
    I have a dehydrator so was thinking perhaps using that for the rose petals, and maybe give them to the Bride on their first wedding anniversary. I've dismantled it, kept the white roses in a vase and thee blue ribbons. The greenery in the garden waste bin and then have the handle thingy with the oasis attached. Bet flower shops don't bother taking these things back hey!!

Think I can cound the greenery as a declutter item since the bouquet is a LOT smaller now?? :rotfl:
    166/2019

That sounds lovely, savvy. My wedding bouquet was pressed (sent away and done professionally), and we had them framed roughly in the shape of the bouquet - that still has pride of place on our wall next to our wedding photo. Also had two crystal jewelry pots with a few of the smaller flowers inlaid in the lid, one for each of our mums.

Greenery is definitely decluttering!
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Ive been off the thread tonight for a week or two while DS has been off school. He went back this morning, unhappily, so I need to get back to decluttering. I have two appointments today so plan to do a bit tonight and will be back at work tomorrow morning. So perhaps a bit tomorrow afternoon and evening.

I have another exploratory surgery on Friday so will be slowing down again.

All your posts are keeping me eager to get going again properly so thank you.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • GreenQueen
    GreenQueen Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Reasonably productive weekend. managed to sort out cupboard under the stairs. Not much clutter disposed of, but it's now much more organised. We keep spare food and cleaning products under there, so managed to top up some of the kitchen jars and finish off part bags. Need to menu plan to use more from the cupboard, as things disappear into there and then never come out! For some reason I had 5 bags of oats - must have gone through a stage when I remembered we were short every time I went to the shop, but forgot that I'd remembered the previous week! Also have enough washing liquid until the end of the year at least.

240-244 part packets finished
    245-267 various magazines and papers to recycling
    268-274 old children's clothes into rubbish (too disgusting for CS/rags!)
    275-278 bag + cushion covers to CS
    279 papers from meeting at beginning April into recycling
    280-282 various canvassing leaflets for council elections to recycling
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business