Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt-free Wannabe Challenges

3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2) - Page 40

New Post Advanced Search

3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
416 replies 31.8K views

Replies

• jennystarpepperjennystarpepper Forumite
    13 posts
    10 Posts
    £10 added  from surveys, so £1620 now.  
  • DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    FrankieM said:
    Hi All :)

I've just had my redundancy pay come in and that and other savings made over the last few months means that my emergency fund is now fully funded.

Can't tell you what a relief it is to know I have that money to fall back on if required!

Thanks for doing the challenge Dobbi 

Hi FrankieM - well done - fantastic acheivement.
    I've updated you as bright yellow now B)
    Drop in whenever you fancy.
    Dobbi :-)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
  • edited 31 July at 6:26PM
    triple_choc_chiptriple_choc_chip Forumite
    1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    edited 31 July at 6:26PM
    I’ve paid in another £200 from my salary and re-directed  £1000 which I’d saved for a holiday that is definitely not happening this year, whilst keeping some aside for a staycation next week. So my total has flown up to £3600/£6000 60% #34
    Thanks Dobbi 
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13
    Saving for 🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2020 £1/day #3 £481/£366 131%
    🆘 ☔️ Rainy day fund £1k + #34 3-6 mth emergency fund challenge £3.8k/£6k 63%
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of icecream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • Hi everyone. I'll really like to join this challenge, please. I think I work best at mse ways when I've got a big target, so I'll aim for £20,000, please.

I paid off my debt best when I was panicking about being made redundant. It didn't happen then, and I got a bit complacent and comfortable again. Now I think there's again a strong possibility of redundancy happening sometime within the next 12 months, and I want to be in a position to not be unhappy about it :smile:
    bln 
  • A_Random_ManA_Random_Man Forumite
    800 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all just a quick update my EF has only gone up by a couple of quid, obviously any progress is good progress but because I am trying to clear my debt at same time, I know I am going to be in for a long haul 

EF - £191.58
    Matched Betting £7690.44|eBay £356.40|Quidco £133.24|Surveys £212.56|Interest & Cashback £506.75
    Debt Remaining: £5977.22 - Debt Free Date: 20/07/2024 (46 Months)
  • ConfabulateConfabulate Forumite
    5 posts
    Second Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hello all, lovely to see the progress everyone is making towards their targets!

Alas, I had to dip into my EF for some extra household costs, so my total currently stands at £1294.25.  I need some work done on my car too so it's likely I'll have to use some more of it later in the month.  Oh well - the EF is already proving its worth, it's so lovely to not be worrying about how I'll afford the car costs.  And I'll keep working towards my target.   :)
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge #41: £1294.25/£9000
  • DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I'll really like to join this challenge, please. I think I work best at mse ways when I've got a big target, so I'll aim for £20,000, please.

I paid off my debt best when I was panicking about being made redundant. It didn't happen then, and I got a bit complacent and comfortable again. Now I think there's again a strong possibility of redundancy happening sometime within the next 12 months, and I want to be in a position to not be unhappy about it :smile:
    bln 

Welcome bestlifenow - you are member #45.
    I've added you to the spreadsheet along with your goal - please keep us updated on how you are doing. We'll be cheering you on from the side-lines.

A_Random_Man - you are sitting on a comfy 5%

Confabulate - that's exactly what it's there for ;) Building it up and then dipping into is so reassuring and takes away the worry and stress. Keep at it.

Well done all.
    Dobbi ;)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
  • jennystarpepperjennystarpepper Forumite
    13 posts
    10 Posts
    £10 chucked at the pot today.  so now £1630. 
    Hoping to get close to £2000 by the end of August,  need a small roof repair,  something always comes up!
  • BetharooniBetharooni Forumite
    185 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    #39 reporting with £450/£5,000 saved. Was able to put a little extra into my emergency fund this month to bring it to a round figure. Have budgeted that I should reach and surpass £1,000 by the end of the year.
    Save £15K in 2020 #6 £ £10,583.81/£15,000
    Make £2020 in 2020 #11 £1,135.60/£2,020
    Saving for House Deposit £3,266.49/£40,000
    £1000 Emergency Fund Challenge #300 £500/£1,000
  • edited 11 August at 6:12PM
    jennystarpepperjennystarpepper Forumite
    13 posts
    10 Posts
    edited 11 August at 6:12PM
    Another £20 today, now £1650.