3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Options

Comments

• FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Dobbi,

I keep forgetting about this thread, so forget to update.

I've had a real learning curve on saving/spending this year so I'm not quite where I would have liked to have been.

But #23 new total £3000

A new member number too :)

I've had my last payday of the year, so hoping to get to my target by the end of 2020.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    FrankieM wrote: »
    Hi Dobbi,

I keep forgetting about this thread, so forget to update.

I've had a real learning curve on saving/spending this year so I'm not quite where I would have liked to have been.

But #23 new total £3000

A new member number too :)

I've had my last payday of the year, so hoping to get to my target by the end of 2020.

Well done FrankieM - you may have forgotten to update the thread but you certainly didn't forget to update the savings... brilliant stuff :j :j :j

New total added to post #2 for you.

I hope if you've had your last pay day for 2019 then you'll have a pretty early pay day in 2020 :)

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Rosie75
    Rosie75 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all, can't believe it's already December!

My updated total is £4800 (48%). Hoping Christmas doesn't impact on that too much . . .

Thanks Dobbi!
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund #14: £9000 / £10,000
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Rosie75 wrote: »
    Evening all, can't believe it's already December!

My updated total is £4800 (48%). Hoping Christmas doesn't impact on that too much . . .

Thanks Dobbi!

Brilliant Rosie - you are almost half way there.....and that's a big goal so half way is awesome ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

I forgot about my regular saver transfer that's happened today.

Could you please update my total to £3300
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    FrankieM wrote: »
    Hi

I forgot about my regular saver transfer that's happened today.

Could you please update my total to £3300

post #2 updated for you FrankieM

You are about a third of the way to your goal - well done :j :j :j

keep on keeping on

Dobbi :D

• nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    #9 current total £5,000/£7,200.

Decided to move £600 from the household fund to the EF as I have time to top it up before my next big bill in March. 5k makes me feel relatively safe in case of an income loss or other type of emergency, but I will add a little bit whenever I can. I want to have some cosmetic work done which will cost me thousands so I will focus on that in 2020... :whistle:
  • LoveMyLife
    Options
    Hello
    Please can I join. I'd love to have 3 months of emergency money saved. Total would be £3000 and I plan to start in January 2020.
    Not sure yet how much and how often I can save but hope to be spurred on by everyone's achievements.
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    blue_mango wrote: »
    #9 current total: £4,400/£7,200

The plan is to get to 5k by the end of January 2020, then add £100 per month. :)

I liked this plan ;)

blue_mango wrote: »
    #9 current total £5,000/£7,200.

Decided to move £600 from the household fund to the EF as I have time to top it up before my next big bill in March. 5k makes me feel relatively safe in case of an income loss or other type of emergency, but I will add a little bit whenever I can. I want to have some cosmetic work done which will cost me thousands so I will focus on that in 2020... :whistle:

Then you did this :D and I love this plan :A :money:
    A massive well done blue_mango - what a brilliant way to end 2019.

LoveMyLife wrote: »
    Hello
    Please can I join. I'd love to have 3 months of emergency money saved. Total would be £3000 and I plan to start in January 2020.
    Not sure yet how much and how often I can save but hope to be spurred on by everyone's achievements.

Hi LoveMyLife - welcome aboard :T :T
    I've added your name and goal to post #2 and you are number #31.

Don't worry about how much or how often, it's not a race, more like a leisurely stroll and we all just focus on adding 'something' as often as we can. If we need to use it then it's there. If not then we watch it grow and reach our goal. It does become addictive though ;)

Keep on keeping on everyone.

Dobbi :D

• ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all so me and my partner got our first place and most of my savings have gone on bits and pieces we needed like electrician work, and white goods. Back to zero for the moment will start over fresh for 2020 :)
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback