PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Opposite of thrift - what brand do you not cheap out on?

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options

I did used to only buy Heinze baked beans, til a friend made some Lidl beans up adding fried onions & smoked paprika. I now buy 4Ldi or T beans & do the same - so tasty!

That sounds nice. :)

I always buy Heinz beans out of habit, same with Heinz ketchup.
    Emmala wrote: »
    Liz Earle hair oil, it’s pricey but lasts me months and doesn’t make my hair greasy, no other serum/oil comes close for me and I’d panic if I ran out!

I used to get the Liz Earle moisturiser. I didn't know that they did hair products too.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I can't stand cheap bread, peanut butter or loo roll.:p

I did buy some Tesco PB and think I will go back to Whole Earth.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    For every marketeer knows that a good story will sell their brand....
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    It's not a good story that does it for me, it's the quality of the product and the various flavours that enhance the gins.
    It's not a good story that sucks me in either.
    I love a good advert - regardless of what it's advertising - but it doesn't get me rushing for my coat and purse to dash out and buy the product.
  • Nonnadiluca
    Options
    With some things it's the unbranded that's better; Lidl coconut Greek style yogurt is delicious! I bought some Rachel's organic at twice the price and it was watery and tasteless by comparison. Branston beans for us too, and they're quite often on offer.
    Fashion on the ration challenge 2023: 66 - 2 = 64 - 1.5 = 62.5
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    Kellogg's Cornflakes, Nestle's Shredded Wheat and Flanagan's Organic Oats. Has to be these, though we'll eat any other Supermarket own brand cereal.
    I've swopped Fairy Liquid for Aldi's Magnum and it's fine. Also Aldi's own brand washing powder instead of Daz/Persil.
    Normal people worry me.
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    Andrex loo-rolls
    Tampax
    Fevertree tonic
    Marmite
    Yorkshire tea
    Yeo Valley yogurt - far superior to any others IMHO!
  • Novice_investor101
    Options
    Two I was impressed by when I did brand shift:

Nutella - 4ldis version is really nice, tastes the same to me.
    Lurpak spreadable - 4ldis Norpak. If I really think about it I can tell it's not lurpak, but good enough that I'll happily eat it, & i wouldn't normally touch any other spread on my toast or sandwiches other than lurpak.

Can't give up - Tampax
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,616 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't stand instant coffee, so its a branded Caftieer blend for me!!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 December 2018 at 9:41AM
    Options
    I love nice perfume, Jo Malone, L'occitane or Chanel No5 not keen on body spray and only use dove soap and deodorant/anti-perspirant. I would rather save up and get what I like and do without until I got my favourite, oh and decent ground coffee as well I make do with anything else and am not fussy but coffee and perfume are my weaknesses
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    I love nice perfume, Jo Malone, L'occitane or Chanel No5 not keen on body spray and only use dove soap and deodorant/anti-perspirant. I would rather save p and get what I like and do without until I got my favourite, oh and decent ground coffee as well I make do with anything else and am not fussy but coffee and perfume are my weaknesses

Yea I love nice perfume too.Clinique Happy is my fave :)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family