PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th December

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,848 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 December 2018 at 10:52AM
    Options
    Just to confirm your Toots list is a list of jobs unique to you which might be big jobs (eg decorate lounge) which might the be broken into smaller steps such as choisevpaper/paint etc.
    Or just annual jobs eg look for car insurance quotes which will be regular.

Well so far
    WM x 3 TD x2 DW x 1

Back in bed with a coffee.
    DD at home as she's left her previous job and doesn't start her new one until January 7th. I'm so proud of her; she felt she wouldn't progress in her last place so got proactive and found a new job at a higher rate of pay. She's back home for a few months commuting so that will be hard. And we are probably not bringing her wardrobe back from the flat because it was a challenge to get in there.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congratulations to The Valli Miss, on her new job, even if it does mean a slight domestic adjustment.

*Healing vibes* for anyone in the Pigpen Household that is feeling unloved or unwell. I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Piggers. Your family owes you one, to say the least.

I've never had a Toots list because in nearly five years of flying all I've managed to do is only eliminate my Frog List. Every single shelf, drawer, cupboard and room in this house still needs serious Flying attention and only once I feel I'm on top of it all will I sit down and work out what kind of investment of my scarce time would be worthwhile enough to go on a Toots list.

I'm going to think about Hovel to Haven later, because there has been significant progress over the past year and I want to mark it before the new year kicks off, and work out what my goals for 2019 would be. H2H worked brilliantly for me; by focussing on small goals throughout the year it's made a huge change so I want to carry on with something similar. And OH wants to lower his cholesterol but without statins, and I probably should too, so the Slinky Thing needs to taken a bit more seriously next year.

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes; it makes a big difference. This will take some getting used to but I'm better today and OH has been utterly brilliant. All of Kelpie's things have been gathered together to go up to the attic until I'm ready to start the hunt for the next dog, although I managed to find half a dozen or so yesterday online that might start to fill the hole in my soul. One of them's even deaf, so I might have to follow that up rather sooner than OH would like.

Brunch for eight at 11.00 am. All neighbours, planned about a week ago, all of whom loved Kelpie. That'll help, too.
    Better is good enough.
  • Valli
    Options
    Honey Bear - I would venture to suggest that a Toots list is, in effect, much the same as a Frog list. Have a lovely lunch.

Jazee - I believe you have a Frog requiring post-Christmas attention?
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GWS wishes to all poorlies and belated birthday wishes to you, Piggers x

More ((hugs)) for HB, and I hope you have a lovely brunch.

DH has gone to the tip with a car load of rubble and old wardrobe pieces so I need to restore some temporary order to the land of the spare oom.
    First, I need to do the damage limitation that is today’s list and unload the wm. Tonight we are off to the local panto. Every year I think that it will be our last year. Every year they say they want to go. Oh no you don’t.....
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Morning flyfriends x

I'm up and I've got the WM on, go me! I really need to do something with my bedroom today it's a riot.

Piggers Belated happy birthday wishes pal xxx can't believe they went to the pub and left you :mad: well done on the weight loss xxx

All this talk of Toots :heart2:

Right I'm going to put some clothes on today :eek:
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Valli, I will munch my frog on Saturday.

Just finished first paid shift of day. Need to get Littleydog to vet now.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Options
    Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Piggers

Bathroom rubbish binned. Collection is tomorrow so I'm about to do a binbag dance.

Thank you Honey Bear
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    So far I have....
    Put clothes on
    Tidied the LR and opened windows
    Gathered all the instruction booklets up and put them past.
    1x WM
    1x TD
    Cleared my bedroom floor (FYI the carpet is grey, who knew?)
    Still sorting the scullery although it's not too bad.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you to my secret santa... Twinkle and I approve.. xx perfect size bag to stop my medical bits rattling about in my bag..

Twinkle is feeling very sore esp her derriere and mouth.. germ central in here.. I may give up.. we aren't doing very well .. I'd say next yera can only be better but I think the cosmos would take it as a challenge to throw even more crap at us and I can't live another year like this.

Kitchen all cleaned and all the rubbish bagged and binned last night while everyone else was out having fun on my birthday.. and I'm not utterly bitter about this at all.. and they will NEVER live this one down.. barstools... I'm furious!! Boog said I can go out on his birthday if I want.. and DD1 said she will stay over at mine next year so I can go out.. I think they missed the point entirely. Meem hugged me 'because you're sad' .. so clearly DD1 had relayed my cross messages to OH .. snitch!!

I think we have opened all presents now so I can fling loads of empty boxes.. my middle room is full of them!! lol
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,689 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 December 2018 at 3:28PM
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    I have knitted most of a wise man this afternoon/evening and (unsurprisingly) have 2 more to make when this one is done. I need them for 3rd, as we're doing an extra session in the school holidays to include older siblings.

Having cursed my way through the bluetit you have my sympathy with the knitted men.

Happy birthday Pigpen amidst all those germs.

Put my Mum on her bus at lunchtime so that's the visitors gone other than the loud tap-dancing mice in the loft, which are now on their 3rd box of poison. Came in contact with ignorant van driver on the way, driving in the middle of the narrow country road; I pulled over till almost in the hedge and he didn't even slow down, so now my wing mirror has scrapes on it.

Off now to take MIL to Asd@.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport