PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th December

Options

Comments

• funfairprincess
    Options
    So sorry Honey bear I know it's heartbreaking. We lost Mr Mac recently. Big hugs pal xxx

Today's effort had been, tidied the LR floor, gathered all the rubbish up, drank tea and ate rubbish.

My kindle broke a few weeks back so I've been waiting for the sales to get a new one. Seen one at a good price online so bought it. Lifted broken kindle off my bedside table and the thing is working again :mad:

Off to stuff my face with more rubbish!
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well we have been doing ok
    Christmas Eve major meltdowns OH this time but it settled & we got there. Joys of autism!
    House is tidier than it has been since we moved in but a lot of rubbish so tip run tomorrow
    Left overs dwindling well. I did cook less this year.

Youngest has come down with a stomach upset, raging temperature the trots but not being sick & I still have my cough, added to OHs gall stones it has been fun. Nothing unusual here at Christmas lol

Tomorrow off to get my car from the workshop, tip run, tidy up & cleaning
    Hugs honey bear lost my youngest dog this year she's been a massive miss this Christmas x
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Honeybear and ffp so sorry to hear about your losses, may your happy memories console you.
    3 guests left today, my brother twice as he forgot a bag; he's already rung 2 or 3 times about other items! Looking forward to his present to us for tomorrow's dinner: he and sil hand made pasta and a sauce for each of us.
    Went for a walk with Mum by the river, damp and grey here. Bubble and squeak for lunch to declutter the veg.
    MIL stuck to her guns to staying home alone, of course with frequent visits from Mr N and bil. Yesterday eve she looked a bit baffled when they turned up early eve either Christmas dinner on a plate; seems she was in a skirt and make-up so presumably thought she was going somewhere. So sad.
    Must say it's all still looking pretty tidy here,surprisingly.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Oh no, Kelpie, how sad HB. Thinking about you.

Wide awake. Being out of my normal sleep pattern does not agree with me. Putting tablet away and trying to sleep in a minute. Going out tomorrow, this week is going too quickly!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,053 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    NOT happy..

I’ve Spent days cleaning everyone came to my house today made mess ate food exchange presents then they went to the pub on my birthday without me.. so I cleaned some more loaded the dishwasher put out the bins and the other half keep sending pictures and messages telling me what a great time they are having without me On my birthday. Needless to say I am not best pleased and I will be making my displeasure very much felt!!

Twinkle has hand foot and mouth.. so all is joyful.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,053 Forumite
    Options
    Much love HB but you did the most loving thing you could have in letting kelpie go xxx ..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 December 2018 at 2:01AM
    Options
    Enormous hugs to Honey Bear. I'm so glad Kelpie enjoyed his turkey xx

GWS to pigpen and all the clan, also to dancemum and family xxxx

:bdaycake:
    Pigpen, you will need a new birthday suit soon if you are planning to lose much more weight - well done :T:T

Many thanks to my Secret Santa for a truly unique gift!

DS2 and family left mid-morning, after which I took a :coffee: into the LR, sat down, turned on GBBO and promptly fell asleep for a couple of hours :rotfl:

I have knitted most of a wise man this afternoon/evening and (unsurprisingly) have 2 more to make when this one is done. I need them for 3rd, as we're doing an extra session in the school holidays to include older siblings.

The beds in my study are staying made up until after the weekend when DD and family are coming for a night. I'm sleeping in here tonight as DH has a streaming cold which I don't want, and he can't use his CPAP machine so will be snoring loudly :(
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Morning all, lots of hugs all round.
    The pickle is just stiring after over 13 hours asleep, it was obviously well needed.

Please can some one help?
    I was sorting my bullet journal for 2019 last night and reading through the first post at the top of the thread properly. The link to 'Toots marvellous welcome Post' works, but not the link from there to the 'master' list, which is what I assume people talk about when they say they are doing their 'Toots list' if this is the case, please can it be shared again for us more recent flyers? Many thanks.

Today I want to either declutter the small boy's rooms, or find my dining room from under the Christmas bottle style presents. I think I'll start a new box for sending off to one of those book/cd selling companies.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    Options
    Please can some one help?
    I was sorting my bullet journal for 2019 last night and reading through the first post at the top of the thread properly. The link to 'Toots marvellous welcome Post' works, but not the link from there to the 'master' list, which is what I assume people talk about when they say they are doing their 'Toots list' if this is the case, please can it be shared again for us more recent flyers? Many thanks.

Morning Wish xx I have my Toots list in a separate notebook to my bujo. I don't think there is a master list as everyone's Toot's list will be unique to them. What I did was create a separate section for each room / space (I included back garden, front garden, brick shed, wooden shed) then I listed everything that needs doing (large or small) under the appropriate room heading and I now add things as they occur to me. Hope that helps.

Back to work for me today. Bed is made; I am showered and dressed; pack up is packed - and includes banana, grapes, satsumas, and crispbread 'cause I'm tired and low thanks to overindulging in sugar, sugar, fats and more sugar; breakfast and a cuppa have been decluttered :D.

I'll drop off the request for my repeat prescription on my way past the surgery. I have no idea what joy awaits me when I reach my desk....

Have a good day. More hugs to HB xx Belated happy birthday wishes to Pigpen xx Get well soon vibes to all the poorlies xx Waves :wave: to LW- just because :) xx

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Ahh, thank you Round, as the word 'master' was underlined, I assumed it was a link to a master list, excited at the possibility of using a new notebook though. I do have several I can use for such a purpose.
    Oh the hours I'm going to spend planning that.

In other life organisation, I'm now making use of the 'remind me when I'm at a certain location' feature of my phone reminders app. This should mean less forgotten things and duplicate trips places.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport