🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Small energy supplier One Select stops trading - what you need to know

Options

Comments

• alex26c
    alex26c Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    my welcome letter says I am on:

Together OS Dec18

but this tariff is not listed on the cheap energy club comparison tool, so how can you compare?

I've found it on switch.which.co.uk. It's also quite similar to their fixed Dec 19 tariff.
  • alex26c
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    BTW The last email that I had from Together Energy on 24th January has a PDF hidden at the bottom that gives the customer number & details of the tariff. I wouldn't have found this except a helpful poster in one of the other One Select or Together Energy threads mentioned it. The PDF is not reference in the text of the "Welcome to Together" email.

I have initiated a switch to EDF on a 2-year fix but am concerned that Together may try & block this as I cancelled their direct debit that they set up without my permission. I have sent at least seven emails offering to pay whatever it is I owe but not had a single reply. Aside from any cost savings this dreadful customer service is what motivated me to switch.

I've done exactly the same except I decided to switch on 07/01. I've not yet received my account details only a reply to an email I sent a month ago about cancelling my DD. They were giving my tariff and said I could only pay by DD.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Switch completed with pure planer today. No problems at all.
  • alex26c
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    Switch completed with pure planer today. No problems at all.

You are luckier than me. I contacted EDF about switch tonight. They said it was rejected on 07/01 and 25/01. They are trying again tomorrow. I expect it will be the same. I'm still waiting for Together Energy to create my account.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,575 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    alex26c wrote: »
    You are luckier than me. I contacted EDF about switch tonight. They said it was rejected on 07/01 and 25/01. They are trying again tomorrow. I expect it will be the same. I'm still waiting for Together Energy to create my account.
    It's clear some manual intervention is needed in some cases, as it was in mine. Some suppliers may be better than others at doing what is necessary.

FWIW, I'm still waiting for TE to create my account, but only so I'll be able to download my final bill when they get around to producing it.
  • nickcc
    Options

Sorry should have read pure planet. To be honest I never tried to access my Together energy account just started the switch when I realised I was being ripped off.
  • alex26c
    Options
    EDF said there weren't much they could as TE keeps rejecting the switch. They can't force the switch if it's been objected by TE. Not sure if there is much manual intervention involved. I will call TE again tomorrow but I'm not very optimistic. Maybe TE are not happy I cancel the direct debit.
  • nickcc
    Options
    EDF said there weren't much they could as TE keeps rejecting the switch. They can't force the switch if it's been objected by TE. Not sure if there is much manual intervention involved. I will call TE again tomorrow but I'm not very optimistic. Maybe TE are not happy I cancel the direct debit.

As I said previously I cancelled my one Select DD but TE reinstated it and have withdrawn two payments both what I would have normally paid to date. Why dont you try to switch to another supplier especially if they are cheaper than EDF ? Sounds like EDF don't want the aggro with handling your switch.
  • alex26c
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    As I said previously I cancelled my one Select DD but TE reinstated it and have withdrawn two payments both what I would have normally paid to date. Why dont you try to switch to another supplier especially if they are cheaper than EDF ? Sounds like EDF don't want the aggro with handling your switch.

DD could be the problem, I cancelled it straight away as I had about £100 in credit. I was hoping to switch quickly and didn't want the hassle of claiming back my credit. I told them I was happy to pay on receipt of a bill. Clearly, they can't do that. I had read on Which they should first create my account and estimate a new DD. It seems they are just completely useless.

I chose EDF because it was a fixed rate until 2021 and their night rate was really competitive. I used 70% of my electricity at night (even more at the moment). Bulb is slightly cheaper but it's variable. I could try a different supplier but it will delay even more the switch.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,575 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DD could be the problem, I cancelled it straight away as I had about £100 in credit. I was hoping to switch quickly and didn't want the hassle of claiming back my credit. I told them I was happy to pay on receipt of a bill. Clearly, they can't do that. I had read on Which they should first create my account and estimate a new DD. It seems they are just completely useless.

I chose EDF because it was a fixed rate until 2021 and their night rate was really competitive. I used 70% of my electricity at night (even more at the moment). Bulb is slightly cheaper but it's variable. I could try a different supplier but it will delay even more the switch.
    I left my direct debit in place until my switch was complete, then cancelled it. I wouldn't have thought that was the issue though. I switched to Bulb and they were quite persistent until the switch went through.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport