MSE News: Small energy supplier One Select stops trading - what you need to know

Options

Comments

• nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just started the switch to Pure Planet, estimated saving of just under £100 per annum. Still haven't got the together energy account number but switch appears to be going ahead. Used the energylinx website thanks to wavelets.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 January 2019 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Still no reply to any of my emails to Together Energy & no money paid either & no TE account number or login or ability to enter meter readings. According to https://findmysupplier.energy my supplier is still OneSelect.

I have lost count of the number of emails I have sent but not even had an acknowledgement.

I have told them that I am happy to pay my bills but not set up a DD as I don't want to be in the same situation as with OneSelect where I am in credit & they go bust freezing my money.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pure Planet switch due to be completed in 16 days with final bill from together energy due in 4 to 6 weeks following switch.
  • wrighar
    wrighar Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 14 January 2019 at 12:21PM
    Options
    wrighar wrote: »
    I went back to my bank and got a little grumpy with them.

My £122 extra taken payment DD has now been returned, I just need to wait for Together Energy to process the remaining £35.41 credit

Thanks,

I've now waited the required amount of time for account to be loaded to TE.
    So tried the One select number again today, it's no longer being used, so then tried the TE one.

Apparently, as my account closed on Dec 6th (in credit) no account details have been passed by OS to TE.

I've been told I need to write to the Administrators BDO LLP to request my money back...

Will that be covered fully by the OfGEM protection, or will I now be classed as an unsecured creditor at xP in the £?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Apparently, as my account closed on Dec 6th (in credit) no account details have been passed by OS to TE.

I've been told I need to write to the Administrators BDO LLP to request my money back...

Will that be covered fully by the OfGEM protection, or will I now be classed as an unsecured creditor at xP in the £?

According to Together's website own FAQs re OS customer takeover ,you have been given bum information - they WILL be responsible for sorting out your credit balance!!:)
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,340 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had an update from my (hopefully) new supplier stating that although they have attempted to gain control of my supply several times, it continues to be blocked. This apparently affects a number of Together accounts currently coming across to them and even some of those transfers initiated after 8th January (when we were given the all clear to switch) have resulted in cancellation.
  • wrighar
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    According to Together's website own FAQs re OS customer takeover ,you have been given bum information - they WILL be responsible for sorting out your credit balance!!:)

Excellent thanks, I handn't seen that:

"I left OneSelect but I’m still waiting to reclaim my credit from them. Will Together Energy pay me for this?
    Yes, we’ll honour credit balances for those customers who had already left OneSelect but still have credits owed. We’ll be in touch with you shortly to update you on the process."

I had indeed left One Select, and was still owed a refund.

Appeard according to TE, that OS have not passed my credit record over.

I will call TE again tomorrow
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had indeed left One Select, and was still owed a refund.

Appeard according to TE, that OS have not passed my credit record over.

I will call TE again tomorrow

I would wait. Based on other cases, its likely to take a couple of months for TE to get around to dealing with customers who have left OS previously and have a credit balance remaining.

Their priority has to be be dealing with current OS customers first (i.e. the size of your credit won't change) - so not to add to the number of customers with billing issues.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Together Energy have updated FAQs again re OS customers - now saying ,"hoping" to give ex OS customers online access by end of month ! Which month one asks??
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    Still no reply to any of my emails to Together Energy & no money paid either & no TE account number or login or ability to enter meter readings. According to https://findmysupplier.energy my supplier is still OneSelect.

I have lost count of the number of emails I have sent but not even had an acknowledgement.

I have told them that I am happy to pay my bills but not set up a DD as I don't want to be in the same situation as with OneSelect where I am in credit & they go bust freezing my money.
    Still no reply to any of my emails & OneSelect is still my gas supplier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure