MSE News: Small energy supplier One Select stops trading - what you need to know

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 January 2019 at 6:59PM
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Quite, unless they are working on into the night it doesn't appear we'll see any evidence of accounts having been fully set up. While online access might be considered a separate matter, they have certainly not managed expectations.

Post#100 suggests "the end of the week":( Seems like one man is transferring these accounts ,one by one, from an Excel spreadsheet to..............who knows!!

The worry I have ,revolves around "final" meter readings - I have 5 leccy accounts open since the demise of Iresa (not including Iresa's) - and several of my start/final meter readings do not appear anywhere even after I've given them to the new supplier. I suspect that the verification process is struggling with the defunct Cos.
  • merchcon55
    merchcon55 Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    I have had very minimal communication. Received the email to request meter read on 15 December. I was not 100 percent sure this went through, so I sent an email with the details. Got a reply 8 days later that they have "captured" my reading. Since then NOTHING !

Today I called - long wait, got a young Scotsman, who I have to say was very polite. He was able to "locate" my details. He was also able to confirm what rate I am on, as I had not received that email - although he did confirm they had my correct email details. He said he was going to see if they could resend the email - I said don't bother just tell me the rate. For Manchester area, 3.66p per kw and 19.06p per day. The gas unit rate is exactly 1p more than One Select (2.657p) - such is life !

I was a gas-only customer with One Select - and as Together do not offer this as an option (only both or Electricity only), I have a concern this will cause them issues to set up an account.

I lost patience and late Friday night stated a switch to SO Energy - more than likely I will encounter an issue with the switch, but who knows, miracles do happen. Got an immediate Welcome to SO email, letting me know the switch is scheduled for 25 January. We shall see.
  • brewerdave
    edited 9 January 2019 at 2:56PM
    Options
    Well,as suspected Together haven't achieved their objective of setting accounts up by Tuesday 8th (or at least don't appear to have).
    HOWEVER, a final reading has now appeared on my One Select account page which is considerably less than the actual start figure I gave Together. So it seems as if I'm going to pay for several hundred kwhs at a higher ( Together Energy) tariff!:mad:
    What gets up my nose is that the same thing happened when Usio went bust so that I'm going to have to pay extra to First Utility. Funny how this inter Company verification process always seems to favour the Supplier of Last Resort!!

EDIT There is now a bill showing in my One Select account using this meter read and showing a credit balance forward.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just checked my OneSelect account & they have used estimated readings for 13th December rather than the actual readings that I submitted on 14th December. The gas reading is only a couple of units out but the electricity is a couple of hundred less. The final bill is there with a £72 credit.

My gas supplier is still OneSelect according to https://findmysupplier.energy/webapp/index.html

I have still not had a single reply to any of the half a dozen emails that I have sent to Together Energy. I'm surprised not to have heard from them as there is no DD set up as I cancelled the one they set up without my permission. I emailed to tell them I was happy to pay the bills but will not set up a DD as I don't want to have hassles getting any credit refunded when I switch. It was a condition of the price fix with OneSelect that I pay by DD but as Together Energy have been forced on my I haven't agreed to any of their T&Cs. So far the only T&Cs I have had from them regarding my supply is the prices & the fact that they are fixed for six months.
  • every_lot_helps
    Options
    First DD taken today, yet I still can't log in on Together's website. My final Oneselect bill says I was £239 in credit! So I guess I'm stuck.

Serves me right for allowing them to take so much I guess. Makes me think I should just pay the old fashioned way in future.
  • every_lot_helps
    Options
    After telling me last week I'd definitely have login details by today, they are now saying (after 30 mins on hold) that I 'should' have details by next week. So who knows.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been into One Select website and just showing estimated reading on both Gas and electric. Didn't provide a meter reading until end of December so fair enough. No bill showing for December either so will just have to wait.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Just musing -what happens if the OFGEM Supplier of last Resort goes bust trying to cope with the takeover ??
  • lagib
    lagib Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have been switched by Ofgem from defunct One Select, to Together Energy on a tariff named ''Together OS Dec 18''. My new provider tells me by email that their tariff is only 3.5% higher than the One Select tariff I was on but that I will continue to be charged at the same monthly payment as with O.S. (possibly for 6 months). However, I did try a comparison through the ''Cheap Energy Club'' but the tariff options did not include ''Together OS Dec 18''. I therefore could not compare and thus, have no idea if there is a better/cheaper provider out there. Ringing ''Together Energy'' is a waste of time as the line either drops out when a phone option is taken or you are placed in an interminable queue,with annoying background music, and nobody answers. Anybody had the same problem and found a solution?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,340 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Well,as suspected Together haven't achieved their objective of setting accounts up by Tuesday 8th (or at least don't appear to have).
    HOWEVER, a final reading has now appeared on my One Select account page which is considerably less than the actual start figure I gave Together. So it seems as if I'm going to pay for several hundred kwhs at a higher ( Together Energy) tariff!:mad:
    What gets up my nose is that the same thing happened when Usio went bust so that I'm going to have to pay extra to First Utility. Funny how this inter Company verification process always seems to favour the Supplier of Last Resort!!

EDIT There is now a bill showing in my One Select account using this meter read and showing a credit balance forward.
    I'm in the same situation. The final read is an (under)estimate. Thankfully not by a few hundred kWh though. If the system works correctly the actual readings we provide will have been independently validated and a revised final bill will need to be issued.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure