🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning :)

Day 11/31, Prolifc £3.40 cleared, £1.65 outstanding, Spends £28.15

Had a couple of good surveys so once the outstanding has cleared I can cash out again. :T

Nothing much to report on the money front apart from I’ve transferred £10 out of the joint account for birthdays and also rounded down to the nearest £5 so there’s £13.11 in the pot.

With the exception of DS there are 3 birthdays between now and the end of the year. Only token gifts of no more than £10 each are needed so with this new pot there’ll be money to cover these and also money to carry forward. Just to keep me on track I’ll include the birthday pot on my list in future even though the money isn’t coming out of my account.

Hope you all have a good day. xx
  • teafor2
    Options

Day 12/31, Prolific £3.57 cleared, £3.15 outstanding, Spends £28.15

Nothing much to report today, just waiting for some money to clear then I can cash out again on Prolific. I’ve found an experience I want to buy for the DC’s as their surprise ‘C’ gift which will cost about £100 so I’ve decided to start properly saving the survey/shopping rewards money. So far I have £15.14 plus £6.72 to cash out = £21.86. Hopefully I’ll have a good chunk to go towards it when the time comes.

Definitely can’t see me spending anything very much between now and Monday so I should have a fair bit to divide between the pots. State of play at the moment is:

Savings £0
    DS Savings £10
    Caravan £30
    Dogs £20
    Hairdressers £0
    Birthdays £13.11
    Christmas £97.50
    Charity £33.50
    Surveys/Experience £21.86

I decided to buy a weeks worth of school dinners for a holiday club for DS's charity donation. His stocking gifts won't be themed which makes it a lot easier, instead he'll open several 'dinner courses'. It makes sense to me :rotfl:

We’re at the van this weekend and it’s my turn to buy the fish & chips so need to remember to take the money with me out of the caravan pot. :D

Hope you all have a lovely day. xx
  • Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning tea, pots are looking good. I like the idea of an experience as a Christmas pressie. Last year my two got an indoor sky dive each. It was fab and £54 for the 2 of them and a little bit of Quidco cash back too.

I've had quite a few debt surveys over the last week....long may it last! It's amazing how much it adds up. I looked at my account and withdraw £5/8 every 10days. Hubby laughs but each one adds up!
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • teafor2
    Options
    Morning CG :) That's the experience I'm buying for DC's!! I'm booking IFly Manchester. How come mine is costing me £100 :eek: :rotfl: They get 2 goes though I wonder if that's why.

The surveys do add up so I'm hoping to have a fair bit in there now I'm saving. I've had a good 2 weeks but I bet it goes quiet again now for a while. Not complaining though as I keep saying it's all 'free' money.

Have a lovely day.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    The gift experience sounds great fun TF2 :). Hope you're having a lovely time at the caravan.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,790 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are having a relaxing time at the van & the weather is good xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    Options
    The gift experience sounds great fun TF2 :). Hope you're having a lovely time at the caravan.

Thanks HHD :) I've checked with DD about dates for the gift experience and will probably borrow the money from myself in the next couple of weeks and get it booked.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope you are having a relaxing time at the van & the weather is good xx

Thanks Beanie :) Always find the van relaxing. Even when we're just there for the weekend I feel like I've been away for a week. xx
  • teafor2
    Options

Day 15/31, Prolific £5.72 cleared £2.87 outstanding, Spends £35
    RH 906/1500 Shoppix 470/1500

Hope everybody has had a good weekend. I’ve been to the handbag bank this morning and withdrawn my weekly spends so my purse is fully loaded again :D

As well as having chippy we went out for coffee at the van which is very unusual. It was my treat so after paying for that I had £18.83 left over which I’ve split £6 each to savings, caravan and Christmas. The 83p will go in the birthday pot.

Total in pots is:
    Savings £6
    DS £10
    Dogs £20
    Caravan £26
    Hair £0
    Birthdays £13.94
    Charity £33.50
    Christmas £103.50
    Experience Gift £15.14 cleared + £8.59 pending = £23.73

I could cash out from Prolific but will wait a few more days to see if the rest clears.

I was thinking over the weekend that as well as helping me get on top of where my money goes, this diary has made me realise with a bit of organisation I’m able to save for quite a lot of things and still have spending money.

On top of my £240 monthly spends, the £120 that was being paid to the CC before paying it off is also being saved separately. No idea what for, but I'm sure one day we'll want something and I'll be able to say "I've got the money for that". :T

Right, best make a move and start the day. Hope you all have a good one. xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,790 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Handbag bank. Love it. Xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    Options
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business