New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Incorrect info on ticket

126 replies 5.4K views

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    84.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    But complain to the ICO that Napier have unfairly refused a 'data rectification notice' about data processed by a phone app agent, where Napier (under KADOE DVLA rules) certainly remain the data controller.

The app is merely a third party method they use to gather data, and they've then used that data against you! So clearly, IMHO, they MUST address a rectification notice.

Now I don't know if the ICO will agree. But it only takes 10 minutes for you to register an online ICO complaint & upload the letters/emails and a screenshot of the phone info and parking sign (where Napier instruct YOU to use their app!) that make your point.

And it would be great of the ICO agree with your concerns about this data handling.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SergeiKSergeiK Forumite
    64 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    I'll get on it this weekend, although it's (just) over 3 months since their reply iso might not be interested
    84.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You can report a data concern about a company to the ICO at any time, 3 months is nothing.
    64 posts
    Thanks, tbh their recent reply shows they still continue to process it anyway

I'll keep you posted on the outcome
    84.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Reporting them to the ICO can stop them...and will certainly get them in trouble.
  • Similar situation. Completely wrong time on the ticket. By the actual time on the ticket came around I was 30 miles away in a shop using my card. Was from an ncp. How should I proceed
    84.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!

You need to see my signature below my posts here, and click to the NEWBIES thread.
  • Thanks coupon mad. I have been reading your guide and thanks for taking the time to detail how to fight these. My car is leased in my name. Is this the same procedure as if it was owned?
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bugsy112 wrote: »
    Thanks coupon mad. I have been reading your guide and thanks for taking the time to detail how to fight these. My car is leased in my name. Is this the same procedure as if it was owned?

There is a paragraph in the first post that details the process for leased vehicles.
    This space for hire.
    64 posts
    LBC now received. I've read the newbies thread and have a good idea what's next but any further help would be great,

Is it best to email SAR as I thought it's better by post?

Also still waiting for a response from ICO they have emailed me to say basically they are requesting some info from the PPC.