Faulty Dyson - Argos

Options

Comments

• 1974Marie
    Options
    This sounds a terrible situation to be in. I will say that Argos used to be very good and was probably where I bought most things. Since they have been bought by J Sainsbury I feel the prices have changed (upwards). Also Dyson cleaners seem to be put on some pedestal. I had the DC01 (the original bagless cleaner) and never liked it. I stick to HOOVER now. I don't like Sainsbury and I don't like Dyson but hope you get your situation sorted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    bery_451 wrote: »
    Won't it be easier, quicker and economical for them to simply just exchange it instead of investing a lot of man hours and time in the shop for their repair route?
    If they simply replaced your "faulty" cleaner then they'd then be left with the cost of disposing of a used vacuum. They don't want to take the hit on profits such action would produce.

Some years back, there was a time when retailers generally did absorb the cost of such returns in the name of good customer service. Falling sales in the high street have rather put paid to this goodwill.

It has never been your legal right to return old products and be provided with a brand new replacement.
    The law states that you have to show the item has an inherent fault and, even then, the retailer decides whether to repair, refund or replace at their discretion.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1974Marie wrote: »
    This sounds a terrible situation to be in. I will say that Argos used to be very good and was probably where I bought most things. Since they have been bought by J Sainsbury I feel the prices have changed (upwards). Also Dyson cleaners seem to be put on some pedestal. I had the DC01 (the original bagless cleaner) and never liked it. I stick to HOOVER now. I don't like Sainsbury and I don't like Dyson but hope you get your situation sorted.
    "Terrible situation" :eek:

Let's not over-exaggerate the problem shall we, the OP is being asked to wait a few days until an engineer can come out to look and most probably fix their vacuum cleaner. Nobody's died, it's just a vacuum cleaner for gods sake!
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    1974Marie wrote: »
    This sounds a terrible situation to be in.
    What going without a hoover for a few days, first world problems eh...
  • bery_451
    bery_451 Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they simply replaced your "faulty" cleaner then they'd then be left with the cost of disposing of a used vacuum. They don't want to take the hit on profits such action would produce.

Some years back, there was a time when retailers generally did absorb the cost of such returns in the name of good customer service. Falling sales in the high street have rather put paid to this goodwill.

It has never been your legal right to return old products and be provided with a brand new replacement.
    The law states that you have to show the item has an inherent fault and, even then, the retailer decides whether to repair, refund or replace at their discretion.

So profits are more of a priority to them than customer service. Never shopping at Argos again. :mad:
  • bery_451
    bery_451 Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok with black friday sales coming and christmas shopping around the corner I hope this thread can warn consumers to think twice before buying from a high street shop.

In summary if high street shops after service tells consumers to sod off without looking after them within the 1st year of purchase then what is the point of going to the high street store when you can order for cheaper and get it delivered for free from online.

I worry if this continues then you will see ghost town centres around the UK with shops closing down losing the battle to online shopping. Thousands of jobs will be lost and it will be all doom and gloom on the high streets which will affect the uk economy even more worse. Only a few selected shops will remain open in selected areas.

This will definitely happen if after sales customer service at brick and mortar shops won't get any better.

Argos thinks it may save a £couple hundred quid by sodding me off however they don't realise if they don't change their ways with customer service they will turn into ghost shops give or take within a few years and their share prices will definitely crash where mike ashley is waiting to scoop them up for cheap. What a waste! :eek:
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried dealing with Amazon ? " Go to the manufacturer"

Have you tried dealing with an eBay seller " go to manufacturer"

Buying from Currys pc world " go to manufacturer"

Your argument is is flawed again
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    So profits are more of a priority to them than customer service. Never shopping at Argos again. :mad:

If you don't want to deal with a business that prioritises making a profit, I fear that you are going to need an extremely short shopping list.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And now it's rant time. A lot of uninformed nonsense being spouted there.

If any business just exchanged broken goods for new just like that then they wouldn't last long. What makes you think you would have more rights buying online.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is a consumer rights forum, not consumer wants.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure