We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Evening everyone.

I'm reading every day but forgive me for not commenting on all the posts - just to say well done to all losers and maintainers, and commiserations gainers - stick with it! Sympathies to those under the weather - I think we need a cold snap to kill off any lurgies and some proper winter sunshine to cheer us all up.

Beanie I went to DD1s graduation this week. There were lots of ushers/assistants there and were assisting people who had any difficulty. There were also reserved seats with level access (and the best view!). Would you be able to contact the university for advice? Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but it's such a wonderful occasion, it would be a shame if it caused you worry. Congratulations to your son, by the way!

Weigh in today (after ducking it last week) finds me slightly under target - big sigh of relief! I could do with a couple of pounds off though as that seems to determine whether I feel comfortable in the lower of the two dress sizes I seem to be at the moment (and will be a bit of insurance for the festive season!)

Today has been a bit light on speed but house now groaning with veg and fruit so all set for next week.

For the gin drinkers - hunting for ice cubes tonight (all gone) I had the brainwave of putting frozen berries into my gin and tonic - an interesting flavour and extra speed!

Have a good weekend all.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Xmas Saver! Cashback Cashier Home Insurance Hacker!
    :A RIP MUM :A

Mum passed away early hours of this morning in her sleep :(

Posted 2 big posts on elite sorry cant go find them now bubbs or chris may post link or number of posts.

Going to bed now with our Poppy (dog) I am shattered :(
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Tweets I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I remember your posts about your mum and the lovely photo of her with Poppy. Take care.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 10 Posts
    Thinking of you at this sad time tweets :A

A big hug to you and Poppy.
  • So sorry to hear your devastating news Tweets, although not very nice for you, what a lovely way for you mum. I know there is little we can physically do for you, but you know we are here for you if you want to have a !!!!! about anything.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • My condolences Tweets

X
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,991 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper Second Anniversary
    Thinking of you Tweets at this sad time. We'll all be here to support you.

Denise
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper Part of the Furniture Photogenic First Post
    tweets wrote: »
    :A RIP MUM :A

Mum passed away early hours of this morning in her sleep :(

Posted 2 big posts on elite sorry cant go find them now bubbs or chris may post link or number of posts.

Going to bed now with our Poppy (dog) I am shattered :(

Oh Tweets , so so sorry to hear your news :( you can take some solace in that her passing was peaceful. My Mumsy passed the same way :(. My heart aches for you, take care :A

Will post my WI later, don’t feel l8ke it now :(
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • majorica
    majorica Posts: 459 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post
    Tweets, so sorry to read about your mum, my heart is with you.
    I hope you and DS both get extra loves from your Poppy at this time, she will miss your mum too as I know she used to spoil her rotten :A

Checking in with yet another week of STS I really need to pull my socks up and get back on it as I am teetering on going over the 3lb allowance. I am kind of lacklustre at the moment and although every meal is SW friendly there are definately more sins being used than should be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.