Eversmart saying my deal isn't fixed.

Options

Comments

• Bigun28
    Bigun28 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just managed to get a call back call from them (after 2 hours!!) to question the fixed v variable debacle on my Welcome Home tariff. According to them, I am on a variable rate, even though I have it in writing that it is a fixed rate, and I informed them that I had let my 14 day cooling off period lapse because I believed I was on a fixed rate.

Their response was that the fixed rate quote on the welcome pack is a typo, and when I then said that I would be taking this further, they just said they've done what they can and that's that.

Also something to note is that I am free to leave anytime during the period with no penalties.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Well I'll be. Did this message come out of the blue or were you in dispute with them? I've been in dispute but I've not received anything. In any case, it's good news.

Poster 'Ian4321' (post #120) says he's been told that his Northern Glory tariff is also not fixed. So Eversmart should be investigating that one too.

This was in response to my email

"Further to my email regarding above account being a price guaranteed tariff as per my welcome pack
    My previous email to you was replied with answer of “error in welcome pack & the tariff is not guaranteed”......i now wish to initiate a complaint regarding this matter as I am not satisfied with the reply and wish to escalate to a complaint"

Thank You
    ………….
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Randal wrote: »
    Just managed to get a call back call from them (after 2 hours!!) to question the fixed v variable debacle on my Welcome Home tariff. According to them, I am on a variable rate, even though I have it in writing that it is a fixed rate, and I informed them that I had let my 14 day cooling off period lapse because I believed I was on a fixed rate.

Their response was that the fixed rate quote on the welcome pack is a typo, and when I then said that I would be taking this further, they just said they've done what they can and that's that.

Also something to note is that I am free to leave anytime during the period with no penalties.

Curious that you have been given different information than curriervanman.
  • JohnB47
    Options
    Just seen this in the Guardian on-line Business section, regarding the collapse of Spark Energy:

"The flurry of casualties will raise questions over how many other smaller suppliers are at risk of collapse because of pressure from rising wholesale costs. One clear sign of stress among challenger firms is that several suppliers owe £58.6m to watchdog Ofgem in unpaid renewable energy subsidies, after missing a 31 October deadline.

Along with Spark Energy, three companies, Economy Energy, URE Energy and Eversmart, were named by the regulator for failing to pay on time."

Oops.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    Oh dear......not looking good
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So maybe all our worries will go away as Ofgem have to find another SoLR.

For me, that will be the third one gone under!
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    So maybe all our worries will go away as Ofgem have to find another SoLR.

For me, that will be the third one gone under!
    According to the BBC seven companies have gone bust in 2018 so far,...compared with only two in the 9 years up to Jan 2018.

Does the phrase ‘A House of cards’ seem appropriate. :(
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 November 2018 at 11:18AM
    Options
    Just seen this in the Guardian on-line Business section, regarding the collapse of Spark Energy:

"The flurry of casualties will raise questions over how many other smaller suppliers are at risk of collapse because of pressure from rising wholesale costs. One clear sign of stress among challenger firms is that several suppliers owe £58.6m to watchdog Ofgem in unpaid renewable energy subsidies, after missing a 31 October deadline.

Along with Spark Energy, three companies, Economy Energy, URE Energy and Eversmart, were named by the regulator for failing to pay on time."

Oops.

Its not surprising they are trying to get out of their fixed deals. To me it seems the writing is on the wall for them. Not a question of if but when will they go bust. Time is a ticking.

My fix finishes in April 2019 and I only pay 11.71 per KW and no standing charge. I thought it was too good to last.
  • JohnB47
    Options
    Out of interest, I decided to have a look at current offers from other suppliers. If I go for Toto, fixed for 12 months without a smart meter, I'd pay around £79 more per year than the Eversmart tariff I'm on now.

I'm almost tempted to switch to get away from the hassle but I'll stay while the Eversmart 'investigation' is ongoing.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Out of interest, I decided to have a look at current offers from other suppliers. If I go for Toto, fixed for 12 months without a smart meter, I'd pay around £79 more per year than the Eversmart tariff I'm on now.

I'm almost tempted to switch to get away from the hassle but I'll stay while the Eversmart 'investigation' is ongoing.

You might like to take a look at this table from Citizens Advice before making a decision:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/citizens-advice-consumer-work/supplier-performance/energy-supplier-performance/compare-domestic-energy-suppliers-customer-service/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure