Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 November 2018 at 2:05PM
    Options
    jcontest wrote: »
    I scrolled through this whole thread.

It seems like a lot of you are complaining when there has actually be no change?...

Has anyone here actually had a price change, I mean, Ombudsman fee's for them are probably £150 per go. All you guys are doing is pounding a small company with threats and external charges when thus far, they haven't actually done anything wrong.

Those customers who have not been actually told by Eversmart that they will not honour their Guaranteed Price deal seem to be happy to wait for possible a price increase and fight it then. Fair enough.

But some of us have actually been told that the guarantee will not be honoured and have been offered the princely sum of £10 to shut up and go away. I can only speak for myself but that is a problem for me to deal with now, not later. (And you think that they are doing nothing wrong by telling me that?)

Also, regarding your comment about the 'cost' of taking a case to the Ombudsman, see this from one of their leaflets:

"OS:E [that is Ombudsman Services: Energy] is a free independent scheme set up to investigate complaints from domestic consumers that the energy company can’t resolve (after eight weeks or deadlock). OS:E can require the company to correct the problem, apologise, explain what happened, and make a financial award. Its decisions bind the energy company but not the consumer."

The leaflet is here (pdf):

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/default/files/docs/2014/08/ofg538_web_how_to_leaflet_5.pdf
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    I scrolled through this whole thread.

It seems like a lot of you are complaining when there has actually be no change?...

Has anyone here actually had a price change, I mean, Ombudsman fee's for them are probably £150 per go. All you guys are doing is pounding a small company with threats and external charges when thus far, they haven't actually done anything wrong.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75052004#410 :eek:
  • JohnB47
    Options

Looks like stuff is about to hit the fan.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    I know when I had online chat with them......as soon as mentioned that the tariff was on sale/available for weeks and that surely they knew/were aware why didn't they pull it/change details.My chat was quickly ended and I was informed somebody else would email me within a few days
  • netloser
    Options
    I'm in this too and the Mother in law is on a Northern Glory tariff with the same issue. I am happy that it is fixed. I took a screenshot when I first logged in back in September and it states clearly:

Your Tariff Information

Tariff Namee: Welcome Home
    Tariff Type: Fixed
    Payment Method: Direct Debit
    Exit Fees: None

Then the rates.

Then it says:
    12 Months fixed rate
    No exit fees
    No minimum term

Sorry I don't know how to insert an image.

Pretty 100% darned clear to me. How can I go to OFGEM until they renege on this?

I can't have someone arrested for assult if they say they're going to hit me. I need to wait until the offence is committed. No?

Oh and "Namee" isn't a typo by me it's what they wrote!!
  • jcontest
    jcontest Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Reneging on contract agreements :naughty:,...or does that not count?

It counts.
    If they have done it.

That's my point. A lot of people seem to think it is going to happen, but until it does happen then external complaints to regulators is just going to get in the way. I hope they do see that it is a mistake and stick with their contractual obligations, be ready to pounce, just don't pounce yet.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    It counts.
    If they have done it.

That's my point. A lot of people seem to think it is going to happen, but until it does happen then external complaints to regulators is just going to get in the way. I hope they do see that it is a mistake and stick with their contractual obligations, be ready to pounce, just don't pounce yet.
    ‘jcontest’...."You are the secret ‘Eversmart Rep’ and I claim my £25! " :)
  • JohnB47
    Options
    netloser wrote: »
    I'm in this too and the Mother in law is on a Northern Glory tariff with the same issue. I am happy that it is fixed. I took a screenshot when I first logged in back in September and it states clearly:

Your Tariff Information

Tariff Namee: Welcome Home
    Tariff Type: Fixed
    Payment Method: Direct Debit
    Exit Fees: None

Then the rates.

Then it says:
    12 Months fixed rate
    No exit fees
    No minimum term

Sorry I don't know how to insert an image.

Pretty 100% darned clear to me. How can I go to OFGEM until they renege on this?

I can't have someone arrested for assult if they say they're going to hit me. I need to wait until the offence is committed. No?

Oh and "Namee" isn't a typo by me it's what they wrote!!

Its great that you have a screenshot. I think all of us who are effected by this case would find it useful when we come to complain.

There are two ways to post a screenshot - either follow the simple instructions on the following post, or send me the screenshot attached to an email and I will post it for you. I'll send you a Private Message (PM) with my email address if you want to go that way.

Here are the instructions if you want to do it yourself:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72903720&postcount=7115

Thanks.
  • Ian4321
    Options
    Hi All.

I'm on the Northern Glory tariff. I have the price guarantee in the welcome pack.
    They are sticking to "it is variable", "It was never fixed" and more recently that they cannot honour the price guarantee.

They have also admited that the welcome pack was "misleading" in saying that he price was guaranteed. and appologies for misleading me.

Whilst I resigned to the fact the energy prices are going up, either now or at the end of the guarantee period, my probelm is that I relied on the misleading information to make my decission during the cooling off period.

I have a load of solar on the roof, so during summer, I use very little electricity; so with them putting the standing charge up so much, it impacts me massivily.

Whilst they are spreading the "increase in wholesale costs" over both the standing charge and the unit charge; I feel that I will be subsidising other people over the summer as I'm not using any power but paying a higher standing charge.

We've reached the point in the process where they have said - sorry - we are not going to do anything for you despite me asking them to compensate me against the price in standing charge.

So, I've asked for Deadlock letters and it is off to the ombussman.

Whatever the result I will suffer an actual financial lost because of their breach of contract. I can sue them for that (costly) or put it thru the elctronic small claims for for actual financial loss (£25).

Let see what happens after I approach the ombussman.
  • JohnB47
    Options
    Ian4321 wrote: »
    Hi All.

I'm on the Northern Glory tariff. I have the price guarantee in the welcome pack.
    They are sticking to "it is variable", "It was never fixed" and more recently that they cannot honour the price guarantee.

Interesting that you are on that tariff. Up to now I thought this problem was with only those on the Welcome Home tariff.

So it's potentially a really big problem.

So lots of referrals to the Ombudsman in the near future, especially if they put their prices up as now reported by some posters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure