Eversmart saying my deal isn't fixed.

Options

Comments

• Grey_Critic
    Grey_Critic Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been trying to ring Eversmart today and starting at Time to answer is 40 mins it got to Two hours so gave up. I am considering reporting them OFGEM as such time delay cannot be acceptable. I called them earlier this week following the email about the 12% deal. Was given a price based on my current deal and a waste of my time. Need more than 12% to be worhwhile. Well there has been a price increase since you took up your current deal sir - Perhaps but I am in the business of saving money ansd the offer would mean I am out of pocket. Requested they email details so I could think on it. Still waiting. Starting to wonder if this outfit will make it to the new year if they are that disorganised.
  • Grey_Critic
    Grey_Critic Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 12% deal is good way for them to get some ready cash. Have seen companies do this sort of thing before and some have ended in tears. If a deal sounds to good to be true then it is, certainly is in my case doing a comparison based on my current deal its not. The tariff is higher.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 December 2018 at 1:40PM
    Options
    I have been trying to ring Eversmart today and starting at Time to answer is 40 mins it got to Two hours so gave up. I am considering reporting them OFGEM as such time delay cannot be acceptable. I called them earlier this week following the email about the 12% deal. Was given a price based on my current deal and a waste of my time. Need more than 12% to be worhwhile. Well there has been a price increase since you took up your current deal sir - Perhaps but I am in the business of saving money ansd the offer would mean I am out of pocket. Requested they email details so I could think on it. Still waiting. Starting to wonder if this outfit will make it to the new year if they are that disorganised.

I've been doing some calculations about this and my first thoughts are that Eversmart are telling porkies by quoting 12% interest. Calculating 1% per month is not 12% per year, based on a decreasing balance, even with 1% interest added each month. More like 5.9% by my calcs.

That still seems like a good figure but it's only part of the equation.

Have you or anyone else got some actual details re the tariff - eg gas/elect costs per Kwh and daily standing charges? I know it would be different for each area of the country but basic figures would be useful for me to make a more realistic assessment of the benefit of this plan. (And no, I am not remotely thinking of taking it up - far too risky with this company).
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For me, on the Family Saver Club, using 5800kWh pa (no gas) they want 14.4p/kWh plus 18.8p/day SC.

I currently pay them, on the Welcome Home tariff, 11.707p/kWh and 19.87p/day SC.

So I shall be staying where I am. Obviously I await with interest to see the rate when the next bill come in on 8th December.
  • JohnB47
    edited 1 December 2018 at 5:36PM
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    For me, on the Family Saver Club, using 5800kWh pa (no gas) they want 14.4p/kWh plus 18.8p/day SC.

I currently pay them, on the Welcome Home tariff, 11.707p/kWh and 19.87p/day SC.

So I shall be staying where I am. Obviously I await with interest to see the rate when the next bill come in on 8th December.

Are you on the fixed Welcome Home tariff - the one they're claiming was a mistake and it's really variable?

Also, I've done some calculations using your figures. If you stay on your current tariff, you'll pay £751 per year. If you move to the Family Saver, you'll pay £903 per year and get £50 interest. (Figures rounded up to nearest £1). So, no, you'd be around £100 per year worse off, plus the risk that this company is extremely unresponsive.
  • eerie
    eerie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have a copy of any earlier Terms and Conditions from Eversmart from September or so, by any chance?

You know, the ones in place before they added the ridiculous reasoning "we are able to change your fixed contract any time" (and which I don't expect to hold up in court anyway).
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, pm me if you want a copy
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • eerie
    eerie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, pm me if you want a copy

Thanks I have
  • JohnB47
    Options
    My Welcome Pack is dated 20th August 2018. Would the Ts&Cs that you have, matelodave, be relevant to that date?
  • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Options
    I have now had a reply from the Ombudsman. I am not sure how must of their email I can quote here, but have quoted some salient points:

1. The nature of the tariff is a guaranteed price until August 2019, therefore I consider it reasonable to determine that as a fixed rate tariff.

2. Given that the documentation received in relation to your tariff is a fixed rate tariff then if it does change the terms of that contract the company will be in breach of SLC 22.C9.

3. In conclusion, I am of the view that should the company amend the terms of your fixed rate contract it will be in breach of the Standard Licence Conditions as detailed above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure