Deleted thread

Options

Comments

• chris_m
    chris_m Posts: 8,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Above all, I trust all MSE members would agree that freedom of speech must win the day.

Your trust is misfounded I'm afraid.
    As has been seen on other subjects there are some members who find it easier to hit the report button than to come up with a coherent argument.
  • Li0nhead
    Li0nhead Posts: 16,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am half jewish myself Lionhead and therefore I cannot on balance subscribe to the views you have put forward as per your post above.

Nonetheless we live in a free society and you are entitled to your opinion and I sincerely hope that your post, or this entire thread, is not deleted merely because some MSE members, or moderators, may disagree with what you say.

Above all, I trust all MSE members would agree that freedom of speech must win the day.

We do not live in a free society.
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
  • Hounded_out
    Options
    I have never reported a person or a thread. They get deleted because they take up too many resources once they are brought to the attention of the mods. I doubt the mods read them before deleting.

What !!?

With respect that cannot be an excuse for the moderators apparent conduct.

Do the moderators or Martin agree with such an allegedly haphazard means of regulating what at first sight appears to be a credible, open and well used forum ?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    Options
    I am half jewish myself Lionhead and therefore I cannot on balance subscribe to the views you have put forward as per your post above.

Nonetheless we live in a free society and you are entitled to your opinion and I sincerely hope that your post, or this entire thread, is not deleted merely because some MSE members, or moderators, may disagree with what you say.

I have to say that is a bit ironic though.

You were being somewhat critical of orthodox jewish stance on homosexuality, are they not entitled to that view even if we do not agree with it?
  • Hounded_out
    Options
    Li0nhead wrote: »
    We do not live in a free society.

Who's heard of Common Purpose ??
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What !!?

With respect that cannot be an excuse for the moderators apparent conduct.

Do the moderators or Martin agree with such an allegedly haphazard means of regulating what at first sight appears to be a credible, open and well used forum ?

can we avoid the mods attacks. As that will get it deleted.

When posts get deleted. It often gets blamed on certain posters. some posters admit they got threads deleted as well.

So lets discuss why they are proud of it, state why and keeps all in one thread. If they are proud of it, they will not be shy of saying why.
    Then if we disagree with the stance, we can debate in a rational and polite manner. You never know, they may be change your opinion on the subject and you may end up thinking it was the correct decision.
  • phryne
    phryne Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    If someone's annoying I just scroll past their posts. I suppose if somebody posted something REALLY inappropriate I might flag it up, but I am loath to do a moderators job for them free of charge.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With respect Stephen that's not a valid reason and/or explanation or excuse. Would a moderator kindly explain how all this came about, and ideally reinstate the original thread and ideally make a 'voluntary' apology.

Thank you.

From there point of view it.

Its easier to deleted threads then spend time.

Even though this is a closed forum, they have to avoid eg daily mail / guardian articles slating the forum for its content.
    If they let all threads carry on, it could ruin Martin career and effect advertising sales.

So to avoid that its easier to annoy a few of us on here.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    Options
    Who's heard of Common Purpose ??

You mean this?

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Common_purpose

"Common Purpose (CP)

- a hidden virus in our government and schools

Although it has 80,000 trainees in 36 cities, 18,000 graduate members and enormous power, Common Purpose is largely unknown to the general public.

It recruits and trains "leaders" to be loyal to the directives of Common Purpose and the EU, instead of to their own departments, which they then undermine or subvert, the NHS being an example.

Common Purpose is identifying leaders in all levels of our government to assume power when our nation is replaced by the European Union, in what they call “the post democratic society.” They are learning to rule without regard to democracy, and will bring the EU police state home to every one of us.

Common Purpose is also the glue that enables fraud to be committed across these government departments to reward pro European local politicians. Corrupt deals are enabled that put property or cash into their pockets by embezzling public assets."
  • phryne
    phryne Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your comment Custardy, namely "Im confused why you didnt post this in the site feedback section................. "

I did not even know there was such a sub-forum. I've just seen the site feedback sub-forum, and it's far less trafficked.

The forum graveyard, they call it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport