What small DFW things will you do w/c 15th October?

Options

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Checking back in, must post more often
    CLF glad to hear ur mum is doing better. The pumpkin competition made me smile :)

Have been out at events all day Friday and Saturday. Cut down on spends by taking snacks and a flask with me but still spent. Must do better at this

Have been keeping on top of my banking, everything is good.

Decluttering has come to a standstill, need to start work on this again. I've a target that I'm aiming for but it's snail pace

I'm now back on the RM surveys. Pleased about this as I have a parcel of presents to send with handwritten letter(friend doesn't like emails at all) and have put stamps on to cover this

Still have a cough left over from the cold. How are u doing with ur cold DawnW? I'm finding this one is hanging on as I still get a stuffy nose aswell. It doesn't seem to want to relocate!

Have chicken to pop into slow cooker with any left over veges that need chucking in.

Think that's about it from me. Need to spend today to top up on cat supplies that I haven't had chance to do.

Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »

May I recommend buying one of these....or similar? (Link) At home we keep our keys in a wee tray on the coffee table after several incidents.

Thanks ally. Sadly it's not that kind of lost. They have fallen out of my bag at some point while I was out of the house. I always put them in the same place at home. Really frustrating I'm trying to reach the dept at a hospital I was at but they're not answering. Prob going to need to drive there on the off chance....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • browneyed_girl
    Options
    Good morning!

Just a quick post today - it looks to be a busy one!

Plans for today are:

1. Off to see MIL and FIL as it’s FIL birthday this week. Desk tidies that DD1 and DD2 decorated as presents look fab! I know that FIL will love them - DH family are big advocates of the homemade gift. Also, free lunch out of visit!

2. Meals from stores - have lo for dinner.

3. Meal plan and shopping list ready for tomorrow.

4. Sort recycling for collection tomorrow.

5. Radiators remain off - won’t be home for most of the day anyway!

6. Organise Christmas cupboard. Apart for a few notoriously tricky relatives, all gifts have been bought/made - all within budget and using funds from additional income (first year things haven’t been put on credit - we are learning!) :j. However, every time I open the cupboard things fall out on me so need to organise and maybe even start wrapping!

7. Sit down with DH and go over spreadsheets. Also need to make definite plans for Half-term week.

Bye for now!
    Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
    Debt at highest = £62,842.59 (Dec 2018) - now £44,611.39 (Oct 2021)
    Emergency fund £268.63 / £1000
    NSD October Challenge 8/12
    NSD target Sept-Dec 2021 17/50
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tesco Clubcard are sending out their quarterly vouchers just now.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Options
    Download the Morrisons More Card App and get a free 500 points. (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    edited 21 October 2018 at 10:27AM
    Options
    Thanks ally. Sadly it's not that kind of lost. They have fallen out of my bag at some point while I was out of the house. I always put them in the same place at home. Really frustrating I'm trying to reach the dept at a hospital I was at but they're not answering. Prob going to need to drive there on the off chance....

DNM, have you asked the local Police on 101, the hospital switchboard or searched you town's local Facebook page for people who might have found them?

If you search "your-towns-name lost found keys" on Facebook you will usually get some hits too.
  • allydowd
    edited 21 October 2018 at 10:43AM
    Options
    DNM I tried to message you on this forum's private message system but your Inbox is full. Have contacted you the other way. ;)
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 October 2018 at 7:29PM
    Options
    Morning folks!

Had a fun time at the party but drank too much free prosecco. Was a bit nervous going home as I was worried it might really hit me but seemed ok. I wasn't really very tipsy but had a dreadful night's sleep and it served as a gentle reminder of why I don't drink much any more.

But in an mse way I made the 6.5mile round trip on foot :D

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores - done
    • Reconcile budget sheet - done
    • Heating off - done
    • Knit - done
    • Get OH to peg washing outside - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Hopefully win the raffle :D
    • No alcohol - dobe
    • No extra sugary stuff (apart from a delicious hm brownie) - done. Went for my emergency soup instead!
    • No cafe after work - done
    • Early night
    Not a lot today.

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    edited 21 October 2018 at 12:06PM
    Options
    Freebies From Martin:

"If you pick up the October issue of Tesco’s free magazine in store, there’s a coupon printed on page 58 for a free 6-pack of Walkers Baked crisps (sea salt, cheese & onion or salt & vinegar), which at full price are usually £1.50."

Offers From Martin:

"Until Sunday 4 November, spend £60 or more at Tesco (in store or on online groceries) and you'll get a voucher for 10p/litre off petrol or diesel to use at a Tesco forecourt.

If you spend in store, your voucher will be valid for 14 days – if you spend online, you'll get your voucher when you get your shopping delivered and it'll be valid until Sunday 18 November. It can be used on one purchase of fuel only (up to a maximum of 100 litres)."

"If you've a stash of Nectar points, you may want to hold off spending them until next month – as Sainsbury's has announced it will run its next 'double-up' event in mid-November.

Sainsbury's has today confirmed (16 October) that for the first time, you can spend up to £200 double-up vouchers in ANY of the 11 selected categories. You don't have to choose a category in advance, as in previous years.
    The promo lets you double the value of your points on selected items including toys, Christmas decorations and homeware, and this year includes the new categories of cosmetics, skincare and fragrance.
    You'll be able to exchange your points for double-up vouchers online between 29 October and 4 November, or in store between 5 and 18 November. You can then redeem them in store between 12 and 18 November."

How To Sign Up For Martin's Weekly Email:

Follow the link. You get one email a week and
    no :spam: (Link)
  • allydowd
    Options
    TV Licence Refunds

"Almost £38 million has been paid back in the past three years to people aged 75 and over who were continuing to pay for their TV licence even though they no longer needed to, MoneySavingExpert.com can reveal.

A standard colour TV licence costs £150.50 a year for most people, but anyone aged 75 or over is entitled to a free licence for their main address.

While some may choose not to apply for a free licence and/or refund on principle, for instance because they want to support the BBC, others simply forget to stop paying. You don't automatically get a free over-75 TV licence if you keep renewing your old licence – you have to apply for one.

But if you're over 75 and have been paying by mistake, you can reclaim. Data obtained by MoneySavingExpert under the Freedom of Information Act shows just under £38 million has been reclaimed in the past three financial years, with over £14 million refunded in 2017/18 alone." (MSE)

Refunds are available by calling 0300 790 6130 or by visiting (Link).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure