What small DFW things will you do w/c 15th October?

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    I'm being blocked from posting....

ha ha clearly I'm not! cba to retype my post though. Rest assured I am the Mother Theresa of the small things thread
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All this weeks been crazy!

I've had 2 buffet bookings
    1 of my customers finally paid (5 still outstanding)
    I sold a dress on ebay
    did a salad buffet with falafels and bread for a meeting yesterday
    Some cheap goodines stashed in the xmas pile
    I have done loads of laundry today - workign from home aaaand its on the line!
    Dishes done
    I made lunch squash risotto worked out at 37p a portion as squashes are currently 39p in Aldi
    Working from home has also saved me travel money and food costs
    Cleaned the kitchen - and the fridge, food shop is being delivered at 4pm - dont know what to make for tea yet
    Ive got one more meeting by Skype today at 2.30 and then i can finish a few bits and relax
    Nat
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • maria3104
    maria3104 Posts: 920 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi All

I am keeping up with my plan and am reading your news. But have not posted for ages.

Just wanted to say a quick HI

Maria.
  • browneyed_girl
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Pegged washing out on line, along with lots of washed out plastic bags that the raspberries were frozen in. OH used to laugh at me for doing this, but with the current concerns about plastic, I am taking the moral high ground. Better of course not to use it, but at least I can repeatedly use it, instead of throwing away after one use. Only exception is if they have been used for meat, fish or anything greasy or really messy. Mostly HG veg and fruit, so they get used over and over again :)OH still taking the pee, suggesting that the neighbours prob think I am stingy.... Do I care? I think not :rotfl:

I do this too, Dawn! DH still looks at me as though I’m crazy when I’m washing DDs’ sandwich bags to re-use in their lunchboxes, but he’s learned not to say anything! :rotfl:
    Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
    Debt at highest = £62,842.59 (Dec 2018) - now £44,611.39 (Oct 2021)
    Emergency fund £268.63 / £1000
    NSD October Challenge 8/12
    NSD target Sept-Dec 2021 17/50
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2018 at 8:40PM
    Options
    Evening guys :D that was weird earlier I wrote out my daily list and got a message saying the administrators had banned my posts!

Dawn & browneyed_girl I also was out my plastic bags, reuse any bags that come with groceries - it's not unheard of me to take a sandwich in an empty pasta bag!

So today was working so little done really - but I didn't spend anything so that is technically a modern day miracle! (browneyed_girl over use of exclamation marks is to be applauded!!!!!!!!!!!)

Things I have done:

* NSD
    * all meals from stores despite wanting to eat anything other than what I had...
    * ate about 8 biscuits and lots of sweets floating about the office (bad in other ways but we'll gloss over that....)
    * came in and put pinto beans in the PC and have prepared the veg to make a BNS & bean stew
    * washed out my lunchbox which I spare you the details but know that you should be congratulating me on my fortitude....
    * received replacement harness for pup. And to be honest I think it'll be a small task to repair the faulty one :money:
    * Am about to get the sewing machine out and do some more of the quilt I'm making :j
    * made overnight oats for tomorrow.....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening folks.
    Am on my phone as cannot get any internet. Seems to be probs everywhere?:D

I use the Down Detector website to solve these conundrums.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm being blocked from posting....

ha ha clearly I'm not! cba to retype my post though. Rest assured I am the Mother Theresa of the small things thread

Sounds like a Phishing attempt.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Winner! I had a phone call from interflora apologising for the flowers and they have sent me a £33 gift card (the price of the bouquet)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning - quick post before I go and get ready for work.

today's efforts will include:

* B/L/D from stores - all my food was prepared last night (feeling angelic! and looking forward to my BNS & bean stew mmmmmm)
    * drop harness round to pup sharer
    * update expenses & ot sheet
    * go for a walk in lunch break
    * quick shower - brrrr it's getting cold here!
    * Hang washing online - I set the timer last night and it's just finished :D
    * check onepoll
    * start an application form
    * take wool & needles and cast on 2nd sock
    * sewing fabric strips tonight - should finish the patches to make all the strips tonight. May also press and then start attaching the strips. We'll see how I do....

Ok that's all. Better start getting ready! Hope you all have a lovely day (p.s carrie if you want my address to send the flowers pm me :p)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all. Busy week at work has seen me awol from being online. We’re now on holiday :j so I’m not sure I’ll be posting a list daily but I’ll be keeping the faith :A Bought loads of food with us, including hm jam which we’ve just had for breakfast :D bought sandwiches for the journey.

I bought some washing tablets so we’ll be doing some washing whilst we are here and drying so I don’t have a pile when I get home :)

Have a great weekend everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport