What small DFW things will you do w/c 15th October?

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    I have just called one of my pension providers and requested paperwork to transfer in to my current one. I also called pension service to find out who is the provider for another one and have called and left a message for them to call me back :D This has been sat on my side for months, and it really was a simple thing!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2018 at 9:44PM
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Better night's sleep but have woken again with a headache, dizziness and cough. However, I am determined not to waste the day, so have dosed myself up and so far I have:

Washed hair and let it dry naturally
    Load of washing on the line
    Descaled shower head thingy in ensuite shower room
    Hoovered lower flight of stairs, first landing and bedroom
    Put more stuff away / recycling out, general tidying etc
    Posted letter to aunt using a free stamp from RM surveys
    HM soup from fridge for lunch
    Did a bit in the garden, cut down some raspberry canes that had finished fruiting, scattered some Growmore about and top dressed with some spent compost from one of the big pots
    Got rid of a large land cress plant that had gone over, added Growmore to its pot and topped up the compost
    Bit of weeding and swept the path
    Dog walk with OH

Still to do:
    Check banks and sort my neglected spreadsheet out, as I haven't felt like updating it for a few days. All necessary info is in my spending diary though :D Done
    Put winter duvet on bed Still to do
    Dinner from stores Done
    Rounded up all the raspberries from the freezer and made a batch of raspberry jam :)
    Made a cake for OH to take to visit an old friend tomorrow
    Quite pleased with what I have got done today :D

Hope everyone is having a good day

PS DNMS I get my dog's food from Tails.com too. For my micro mutt, it costs £7.29 for a month's supply, delivered :)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi October Overthrowers,

Evening!:coffee:Am away over the border on business.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Dinner courtesy of my employer. Done.

* Take full advantage of hotel tea/coffee sachets. Done.

To be continued....

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all :)

I've not done that much today, I just haven't had the enthusiasm which is not the right attitude!

I had to go to the shop this morning to get some fruit and bread and bits so think I spent about £7, I need to start tracking my spends a lot better as I've lost sight over the past few months!

Today I:
    - Went to the shop
    - Applied for a few jobs (no luck still!)
    - Did NO cleaning or tidying which I definitely should of done!
    - Took DS to see MIL and FIL
    - Checked banking :o (wish I hadn't!)

I'm praying that Ill have a more productive day tomorrow although I am out at my mums all day and then at MIL/FIL's tomorrow night for FIL's birthday!

Good to catch up with you all! x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • Chandelier.
    Options
    Morning,

I hope everyone is okay. I've been plodding on as per usual.

I ended up having a spend day yesterday. I treated myself to a new jewellery box and make up organiser. I've washed all my makeup brushes etc and will organise it later. I also went food shopping and spent £25 on food and £7 on drinks for work. That all came from the grocery budget.

I also had the car repair come to give me a quote for the damage to my car. I expected it to be in the region of £600/700 due to the extent. However he gave me a quote of £300 for all work that needs doing which surprised me and cheered me up a bit.

I'm feeling particularly low in mood just lately and I need to get a grip of it before it spirals into something else. I just don't really want to do anything or see anyone much. Some of this is due to wanting to knuckle down and pay everything off.

I've cut out most of my contact with people and I'm only communicating with others when needed. This means less phone time and I have deleted most social media apps which has done me some good.

I have a few things I want to do today. I'll see how I get on.

Have a good day everyone.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • browneyed_girl
    browneyed_girl Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 October 2018 at 8:51PM
    Options
    Morning all and happy Friday! :j

Three posts in as many days - definitely helping to keep me on the straight and narrow! Today the school has given us a non-pupil day so likely to be very busy with all 4 children at home (plus DH is working a night shift so I have the impossible task of trying to keep them all quiet whilst he gets some much needed kip!).

Plans today:

1. Check survey sites x 3 - already made £4.80 on Prolific this morning :DDone.

2. Keeping DD1 and DD2 busy with painting and decorating some cheap wooden desk tidies I picked up for FIL’s birthday. Total cost of £2 and should keep them quiet for at least a few hours - completely worth it! Done.

3. All meals from stores, plus have half a loaf of banana bread left from yesterday for snacks. Done - and lo in fridge for lunch tomorrow.

4. Mountains of clean laundry to put away - will feel much better when this is no longer in my kitchen! Done. This makes me sooo happy! Found a few items in need of mending so will busy myself with that this evening.

5. Check accounts and update spreadsheets. Done.

That’s all I can think of for now - I’m sure more things will pop up throughout the day! :)

Also remembered to switch energy provider as our current cheap tariff will end next month. Used MSE cheap energy club and the switch looks to be saving us £23 a month - and all renewable energy as a bonus. Feeling good! :j
    Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
    Debt at highest = £62,842.59 (Dec 2018) - now £44,611.39 (Oct 2021)
    Emergency fund £268.63 / £1000
    NSD October Challenge 8/12
    NSD target Sept-Dec 2021 17/50
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 October 2018 at 3:55PM
    Options
    Morning all!

A very fun day yesterday and no muzzy head this morning! Win win situation!

Today we seem to be free all day so we've decided to go to a local pyo pumpkin place. We are going to pick one pumpkin each and apparently there will be a carving competition between myself and OH. I feel relatively confident on this one :D

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Shopping - will just get bits on the list though. - done
    • Make a loaf
    • Air house thoroughly - done
    • Heating off. It was cold last night - room dropped to 16 deg although were were plenty warm in bed. First lot of condensation on the windows though.
    • Prob some knitting later
    • Sneakily gave the loo roll a squish - done
    • Some batch cooking, Not sure what yet. Probably prep pie filling and pastry for pie later in the week.
    • Have a rootle in the freezer to see what can be used up. I seem to have a lot of kale/chard type stuff frozen. I find that OH will eat it if it's been pre-frozen as it crumbles into little bits on cooking. - done
    • Rearranged the book shelf and moved shelves so that my folder of crochet patterns fits onto it. - done
    Will add more as I go if I think of anything

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2018 at 6:15PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Having a chilled out morning :) OH has gone to see his old friend, and taken the fruit cake I made yesterday, and my best regards. His friend is 91, and no way do I want to be passing on the nasty bug I have had to someone of that age :eek:
    OH came back with a bagful of windfall apples and 3 jars of marmalade that his friend was given, but doesn't eat :)

I have however:
    Put away the jam I made yesterday (or most of it, there was a part jar I kept out and sampled for breakfast with crumpets :D). It is lovely, and has set beautifully - doesn't always happen, although even if it is a bit runny, home made jam is always so much nicer than even the expensive bought ones!
    Cleared up all the jam making paraphenalia / stickiness from last night
    Sorted out and tidied a cupboard of doom in the conservatory :)
    Listed an unused item I found in said cupboard on ebay :)It sold almost straight away, so I must get it ready for posting :)
    Pegged washing out on line, along with lots of washed out plastic bags that the raspberries were frozen in. OH used to laugh at me for doing this, but with the current concerns about plastic, I am taking the moral high ground. Better of course not to use it, but at least I can repeatedly use it, instead of throwing away after one use. Only exception is if they have been used for meat, fish or anything greasy or really messy. Mostly HG veg and fruit, so they get used over and over again :)OH still taking the pee, suggesting that the neighbours prob think I am stingy.... Do I care? I think not :rotfl:

Still to do:
    Check banks and update spreadsheet Still to do
    Pick up some special offer meat from local butcher, he does brilliant offers, cheaper than the supermarkets and the meat is lovely, beautifully presented, as he knows his trade, and often locally produced. We are very lucky to have good local shops in our small town. OH did this on his way back
    Game of tetris to get the meat into the freezer - shouldn't be too bad as I took lots of raspberries out yesterday for my jam making session. Done
    Pick some beetroot and spring onions from the garden for salad for tonight's dinner Done
    Cook beetroot Done
    Make a batch of scones (that lovely jam!) Done
    Rest of HM soup for lunch Still some left!
    Bit of cleaning Hmm, only a bit, unexpected trip out this afternoon
    Tidy up loft conversion bedroom, as GD plays up there and her 'treasures' are all over the place - and she has a very eclectic sense when it comes to home decor. The gravel from the garden that is all over the dressing table can go back outside for a start! :rotfl:Well, the gravel has gone back outside anyway!

DD rang after lunch to ask me to go along to assembly at GD's school as she was receiving an award, and wasn't sure if Daddy would be back in time (they didn't let him know till lunchtime, and he was out :eek:) Anyway, we went, and Daddy did get there on time too :) Mummy is a teacher, so can't get time off for these things very often :( Anyway, GD was thrilled with her award :)

OH was given a cucumber by an allotmenteer as he walked past with the dog a short while ago - which was nice, as ours have finished now :)
  • chocolatelover93
    Options
    Hi everyone :D busy day yesterday so couldn't check in!

DNMS - it's ok haha :) I didn't go to screwfix as there isn't one in the town I live in so popped into B&Q. Was £4 for 3 bulbs so not too bad :) when I got home though 2 of them wern't working so had to call the letting agents to get someone to sort it out. So will probably be fixed sometime in 2/3 years :rotfl::rotfl:

Here's my list for today:
    B/L/D from stores
    Make something with some leftover cooking apples so I don't end up throwing them (they were free but hate waste)
    Wash bedding and hang over doors to dry.
    Check FPL
    Clean bathroom (trying to just clean one room a day instead of trying to blitz once a week)
    Post at least one thing for sale on FB
    Make a meal plan for the next few days
    Do at least 1 survery
    Enter at least 5 comps
    NSD

C x
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 19 October 2018 at 5:14PM
    Options
    Hi all,
    Sorry not caught up on everyones news yet so I hope everyone is doing well, it was a mad day yesterday as expected but today's turning into one too!
    Quick list to put up as I find if I don't do a list I don't seem to get as much done.

* gym & refilled water bottle done
    * hairdressers ( I only go a 2-3 times a year and at £18 its not extravagant! ) done + left £2 tip
    * lunch - last of the pitta bread from the freezer with the end of the cheese done
    * wash a load on the quick wash & peg out done
    * check banking/update spreadsheet done
    * Iron again dh's work shirts as I'd left them in the spare room to finish drying yesterday but then dh fell splilling it coffee over the 5 white shirts, the wall and the floor... which reminds me done
    * get 1001 out to have a go at the coffee on the carpet
    * waiting for boiler man to come, so not a cheap day! done, but not fixed, needs to order a part and come back Monday to fit :(
    * quick hoover round
    * kids having pizza for tea out of the freezer
    * dh & I will finish the mash and meatballs
    * help ds make cheese scones for his dads birthday gift - dh fave

Thats about it. Take care all x
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure