1p Mobile - International Calls - landline and mobile?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Don’t forget that for occasional use the non expiring 321 PAYG from Three (and possibly O2 Classic too), that only need a chargeable call/text sent once every 6 months to keep the SIM active, may be cheaper than 1p Mobile who require a £10 top up every 120 days.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Don’t forget that for occasional use the non expiring 321 PAYG from Three (and possibly O2 Classic too), that only need a chargeable call/text sent once every 6 months to keep the SIM active, may be cheaper than 1p Mobile who require a £10 top up every 120 days.

Good spot....the website gives the impression there's no min spend/time limit. I've got one each of the two you mention, just wondered if this was a viable alternative for a vv light use backup phone..
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Or even the 321 Data Reward PAYG sim from Three that along with the 3p/2p/1p pricing gives a free 200MB monthly allowance. Even better, just using some of the free data counts as a chargeable action so doesn’t even need any credit used to keep active. It also benefits from having a minimum £2 top up (As opposed to £5 for the standard Three 321 and £10 for o2 Classic).
    ====
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a Three 321 PAYG SIM in a remote alarm, I make a 3p test call once a month or so... it’s been a long time since the original £10 “one off” top up, provided Three don’t change the T&Cs it should last a few years.
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2019 at 5:26PM
    Options
    Silly question time.

"Or even the 321 Data Reward PAYG sim from Three that along with the 3p/2p/1p pricing gives a free 200MB monthly allowance."
    Will that work in a smartphone? Three state it is intended for tablets, wifi dongles etc. and not for mobile phones.
    I do have a "conventional" 3,2,1, sim in a phone and the 200 MB data is more than enough for me.
    Three also designate the mobile number, associated with the Data Reward sim, as a "Mobile Broadband Number".
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Silly question time.

"Or even the 321 Data Reward PAYG sim from Three that along with the 3p/2p/1p pricing gives a free 200MB monthly allowance."
    Will that work in a smartphone? Three state it is intended for tablets, wifi dongles etc. and not for mobile phones.
    I do have a "conventional" 3,2,1, sim in a phone and the 200 MB data is more than enough for me.
    Three also designate the mobile number, associated with the Data Reward sim, as a "Mobile Broadband Number".

Yes, the Data Reward sim works fine in any phone (at least 3G capable). I’ve been using them in phones for around 2 or 3 years.

I even ported a number in to one of them.
    ====
  • studentsaver_889
    Options
    Yes I have been using it for nearly 6 months.

It is perfect for me as I am a light user but the top up requirement does not bother me. I do only use it for calls as I use in a dual sim phone.
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    Thanks both. I'll give one a try.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills